Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
8/21 date sitting firm

For those few with a Saturday build date, or those familiar with the manufacturing process - are there any specifics we need to know?

-Workers on OT. Are there more common mistakes made on Saturday builds?
-Any downside to be on a non weekday? Ie they don’t finish that day, and things carry over to Monday and you could lose a couple days. Or certain parts can’t make it since department/supplier closed for the day, etc
-Are there any positives? I could only think of negatives to be on a Saturday. Ha.

(yes, I’m running out of questions to ask leading up to delivery lol)
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a Friday build day and it was late in the evening and it got bumped to the next week. So depending on where you are at in the rotation you could possibly get bumped to the following week, depending on MAP shutting down that could bump you til September...

sorry not trying to be the bearer of bad news, just telling you what happened to me..

but maybe u will get built and shipped, a lot of us are sitting in quarantine, or the heap pile or the island of misfit toys awaiting shipment.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think that at this point, 96% of us have no idea what's going on with the build dates and have decided to stop trying to guess. I highly doubt that will even be your build date. If you're lucky, it will be close to that and pass its inspection and ship soon after! Not trying to crush your soul...well not fully at least, but build/blend dates are a crapshoot nowadays.

Sincerely,
Bronco Purgatory member

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't have any control over the day it's built so why stress over it?

But if you do want to stress about it, I'll give you this anecdote. At the union shop I work at, quality and output goes down on Saturdays. It goes down further on Sundays on double time. Enjoy!

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome! Just wanted to validate that concern - I guess....

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a former factory worker (Volant Ski)...I don't think Ford allows Rum Thursdays so all should be fine with Saturday builds. Pretty sure Webasto has Rum Thursdays though so rolling the dice there if you have a MIC build.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

8/21 date sitting firm

-Are there any positives? I could only think of negatives to be on a Saturday. Ha.

(yes, I’m running out of questions to ask leading up to delivery lol)
Good grief man. The majority of us don't even have a build date out here so I would say the positive is you are actually scheduled. Celebrate that and quit sweating the day of the week that it is "supposed" to get built.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an Instructor in my HVAC training who at one time worked at the local Chevy assembly pLant. He told us how he ordered a Nova, that was one of the models they built at that plant. He went on to describe how he walked the assembly line from start to finish with his Nova, and would tell all the workers at every part of the line how this Nova was his personal car. He then added, it was the worst vehicle he ever owned. There is no rhyme or reason or magic formula to prevent getting “ the one”. Just remember, the odds are in your favor.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yeah, my mom's husband used to work at the GM plant in Linden. (now it's a minimall, I think?) and he told me to never buy a car built on a Friday... bc everyone got paid on Thursday, and there was a local bar that would cash checks... hahaha

But that was like 30yrs ago... so I'm sure people aren't like that anymore. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your I normally don't work on a Saturday, but Ford f'd this up so bad now I have to come in on the weekend, build!

;)

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah, my mom's husband used to work at the GM plant in Linden. (now it's a minimall, I think?) and he told me to never buy a car built on a Friday... bc everyone got paid on Thursday, and there was a local bar that would cash checks... hahaha

But that was like 30yrs ago... so I'm sure people aren't like that anymore. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your I normally don't work on a Saturday, but Ford f'd this up so bad now I have to come in on the weekend, build!

;)
Life has evolved. We have enough money to drink nightly now… explains some things.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my world we call that Thursday and Friday.
Sponsored