Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve always liked savagegeese, Mark and Jack are very objective and have excellent automotive and mechanical knowledge. If you’ve seen their videos you know they have no problems ripping into Ford, however here Jack makes a very compelling case for why the Bronco is superior to the Wrangler for the overwhelming majority of drivers and uses.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pfd799

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good honest video. Got a build date for that exact setup and color Bronco. Thanks for the post.
Same, but I unfortunately went with the 10AT since I wanted the mid package :/ CG is a great color and Black Diamond is the perfect balance of capability and value to me. Enjoy your Bronco!

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went back and forth numerous times between BD and BaseSquatch. I ended up getting a build date for BaseSquatch and was going to make the switch back to BD (mid pkg).

I know i'll love the BaseSquatch but I think BD owners should be very happy with their choice.

Sponsored

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Solid review and agree with the limited slip comment...a bit off there!

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went back and forth numerous times between BD and BaseSquatch. I ended up getting a build date for BaseSquatch and was going to make the switch back to BD (mid pkg).

I know i'll love the BaseSquatch but I think BD owners should be very happy with their choice.
I'm constantly going back and forth mentally and on spreadsheets 🤣 Still have a BD on order though

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jeep will have to make an IFS version wrangler soon at the very least. Say, Sahara’s to be IFS.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Jeep will have to make an IFS version wrangler soon at the very least. Say, Sahara’s to be IFS.
And there will be great knashing of teeth..

Sponsored

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting. But that just pisses me off more that I still don’t have mine! I know it’s a 1st world problem of the spoiled rotten, but…I, I …ok, I’ll try to be more mature and wait patiently ….

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve always liked savagegeese, Mark and Jack are very objective and have excellent automotive and mechanical knowledge. If you’ve seen their videos you know they have no problems ripping into Ford, however here Jack makes a very compelling case for why the Bronco is superior to the Wrangler for the overwhelming majority of drivers and uses.

Solid review. Thanks for sharing.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I was kind of bummed out that they didn't do anything off-road.

That said, there are a billion off-road reviews of the Bronco, and very few on-road reviews. And to savagegeese's point, most of the time I spend in the Bronco will be on-road... so it makes sense to look at the on-road performance. One of the few that has done a real on-road review.

I also wish they had a chance to review the 2.3L or 2.7L automatic. They have been extremely critical with how Ford tunes their automatic transmissions as of late (the Ranger reviews especially). I used to think it was them being overly nit-picky. But after I picked up my wife's new Escape this past summer, I know exactly what they're talking about. The whole thing is super annoying to drive unless it is in Sport mode because Ford is tuning their Normal mode like it is a second Eco mode.
Sponsored