First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to my dealer for their by reservation only Bronco viewing. They had a cactus gray BD 4dr non squatch and black 4 dr OB non squatch. Unfortunately, I was not as impressed as I was hoping. Granted I have a 2dr badlands with squatch and Lux in carb grey and these were not the best representation of that. Here are my thoughts after viewing:

The MGV interior is very comfortable and the seats are well padded. The MGV is better that the leather seats.

The interior seems much smaller and the vehicle itself seems much smaller than I expected. Interior reminds me of the size of the H3 hummer.

The fit and finish of the interior and dash are not impressive although I will say the 12 inch screen really pops and boosts the dash aesthetics considerably.

The black and cactus gray did not excite me. I think the vehicle would look much nicer in the expected 2022 green.

The base tires and wheels ont the OBX and the BD were unimpressive.

Rear cargo even with 4dr is very small.

I know I am about to get blasted here and I am not sure what to do now as I have been waiting so long for the Bronco. I think what I really want is what they showed at the initial reveal, like that cyber orange 2dr with the saddle brown leather interior and 37 inch BFGs. Thatvis what got me excited in the first place and what I saw today was kinda a let down. Hey I know it is prob more than capable vehicle its just if Im spending 60k I want to be impressed with more than capability...give me what you teased us with at the reveal. Im that customer that cares about fit and finish too. I care about aesthetics..and yes of course I want it to perform too.

Oh and it is depressing bc the Bronco is basically what I have been looking forward to for nearly a year now and today I feel confused. Maybe I should lower my expectations bc I am not interested in paying another 20K or more on a Land Rover or Jeep 392. I think if that new hummer was out I might be willing to spend more on that but not wanting to go through the waiting game with it.

Well so far Im still in...but it has me thinking...
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So main complaint is the size... had you checked out a ranger or wrangler in the past? Not sure how that could really be disappointing unless you were expecting a full size truck not midsize.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, that is a huge bummer that it didn't meet your expectations. I probably would have lost my mind long ago if I didn't fall in love all over again when I saw a Cyber Orange two door Badlands in person a while back. Totally get it if you were expecting something bigger, but it was aimed at being a Wrangler competitor and the size between the two is comparable.

I actually would have preferred something a little smaller or narrower, but that is just because the trails I am used to in Michigan can get pretty narrow. To each their own!

Also, about those EV Hummers, they are the widest vehicles I have ever seen on the road. It looks like a tank is coming towards you. Super cool, but I don't know where people would take those. I am lucky enough to live near GM proving grounds so I see them every once in a while.

OP
OP
ttboy

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So main complaint is the size... had you checked out a ranger or wrangler in the past? Not sure how that could really be disappointing unless you were expecting a full size truck not midsize.
I actually owned a ranger in the 90s and passed on a 2dr wrangler in 2010 after a test drive. I do like the interiors of these new full size trucks but you cant take the tops and doors off šŸ™‚

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear this. I have always loved jeep. Iā€™ve owned them for almost 30 years. Thereā€™s so great jeeps on the road and there are some that I find very unappealing.

Maybe you just found some unappealing color/trim combos. I mean you can always put some beastly 37ā€™s on your bronco, right?

Is it possible that some hypothetical aftermarket aesthetic exterior changes could change the look enough to sway your feels? I look at these Broncos as a whole new world to explore in vehicle customization and personalization and get to really immerse myself in a new/old community and Iā€™m stoked. Whatever happens I hope you find peace of mind. Good luck!

Sponsored

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like you saw the west coast 4 door Broncos With no hard tops. Iā€™m 6 foot 1 and there is plenty of space, I was disappointed in the colors also. I think everyone knows what black looks like and why the hell not a 2 door. Also why not a Sasquatch. but please have some imagination. I ordered a 2door but the 4 door looks great. If you want to pay 120,000 for a Hummer be my guest But the Tesla truck for 69,000 will beat it in every way range, speed, and charging stations, if you pay a extra 10,000 it will be fully autonomous.

OP
OP
ttboy

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear this. I have always loved jeep. Iā€™ve owned them for almost 30 years. Thereā€™s so great jeeps on the road and there are some that I find very unappealing.

Maybe you just found some unappealing color/trim combos. I mean you can always put some beastly 37ā€™s on your bronco, right?

Is it possible that some hypothetical aftermarket aesthetic exterior changes could change the look enough to sway your feels? I look at these Broncos as a whole new world to explore in vehicle customization and personalization and get to really immerse myself in a new/old community and Iā€™m stoked. Whatever happens I hope you find peace of mind. Good luck!
I think you are right and I was already considering those options such as a additional lift with 37s and maybe deletimg the fender flares.I could get excited again.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you are right and I was already considering those options such as a additional lift with 37s and maybe deletimg the fender flares.I could get excited again.
37s are mammoth. Thatā€™s what I have on my m998. Iā€™d love to see them on a bronco. You said you saw a pic somewhere?

OP
OP
ttboy

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
37s are mammoth. Thatā€™s what I have on my m998. Iā€™d love to see them on a bronco. You said you saw a pic somewhere?
the cyber orange 2dr with the initial reveal.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t think the interior dimensions from the reveal has changed, or much if at all.. sounds like you wish it came with brown leather seats and 37ā€™s but you also said you liked the MGV more than the leather? Hmm

this very early walk-around seemed like it had 37ā€™s:

Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the cyber orange 2dr with the initial reveal.
Not sure how I went this long without watching that video reveal. Thankfully I just started looking a month ago and ordered today. Now Iā€™ll get to share in the agony of waiting a year or so like everyone else has been experiencing in 2020.
I see what you mean. That yellow one with the cool doors looks amazing. I think your feelings are very valid however Iā€™m still loving the potential that my personal touch can really allow me to make my rig my own

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The base tires and wheels on the OBX and the BD were unimpressive.
The OBX I can understand, but to talk that way about those gorgeous black steelies.... why that is blasphemy, sir! Blasphemy I say!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco was always going to be Wrangler sized and built on the Ranger (next gen) platform. You can only fault yourself for thinking it would be any different in size. That said, you want a 2DR, so youā€™re still cool in my book. šŸ˜‰

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw those same two and was equally unimpressed. Bland colors and meh on the options.
Weā€™re these the two in Sioux Falls SD?
Sponsored