Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Off roaders tend to not be big; this is purposeful. Size and weight are not good things to have on a trail. Sure guys have figured out how to do it, but it isn't easy, bad for the maintenance of trails, and very easy to damage your vehicle or get stuck.

Small wheelbases are what wheelers have demanded for many years now. If you want big, get a Land Cruiser. There are a lot of full size trucks that have off road set ups; the Tremor comes to mind.

However, for this Bronco, Ford made it the proper size for what we've asked for.

Also, no way a Bronco and the new EV Hummer are realistically mentioned together; different purposes, totally different price ranges. Same for the 392. Anyone want either, please cancel your Bronco reservation today and have fun with one of those.
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, they still make the Expedition I guess, lol. Just not in Cyber Orange :)

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well saw the Bronco at Smithtown Ford LI NY yesterday SAS Black Diamond in AMB was sweet but I have a bad leg and was hard to get into, the Iconic Silver Badlands was easier. I really love the MGV seats. I'm 6'2" and there was plenty of room for me. I really like the vehicle , I can't wait to get my BD. Didn't take many pics with a bad hand, but it's the same models trough out LI. Ok the beautiful lady who was there also made my day she was very knowledgeable too. I want my Bronco these delays are insane.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All these threads with people disappointed with the actual size of the Bronco when dimensions have been available for months now.

OP, were you expecting something as roomy as a Tahoe? Maybe as long as an Explorer? Tall as an F350? What? I am genuinely curious on how how big some of these posters were expecting the Bronco to be?

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Off roaders tend to not be big; this is purposeful. Size and weight are not good things to have on a trail. Sure guys have figured out how to do it, but it isn't easy, bad for the maintenance of trails, and very easy to damage your vehicle or get stuck.

Small wheelbases are what wheelers have demanded for many years now. If you want big, get a Land Cruiser. There are a lot of full size trucks that have off road set ups; the Tremor comes to mind.

However, for this Bronco, Ford made it the proper size for what we've asked for.

Also, no way a Bronco and the new EV Hummer are realistically mentioned together; different purposes, totally different price ranges. Same for the 392. Anyone want either, please cancel your Bronco reservation today and have fun with one of those.
It's like Ford was trying to make another vehicle for a certain market? 🤔

Ford Bronco Saw Bronco in person today..Kinda disappointed 1620737934320

Sponsored

Colorado

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Chevrolet Corvette GS, 15 Subaru Forrester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm confused about how both of those things are true for you at the same time. Were you expecting Bronco to be a short Excursion?

The H3 is basically just a Suburban with no consideration for aerodynamics.
Isn't that the H2? The H3 was based off the mid-sized Colorado/Canyon frame wasn't it?

That said the Bronco is Colorado-sized not Suburban-sized so it should interior feel being like the H3 seems right to me.

Chief Dan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same two vehicles were the ones they brought here to Tacoma. I agree, I was also underwhelmed.

Fit and finish were really 'mail it in' - I know they are pre-production, but not blown away buy these. Not in any way comparable to my 2017 F150 - simply not finished and the materials looked and felt cheaper

And the bulk of those A and B pillars.....sheesh. Won't know if that is an issue for me until I get to drive one.

The largest concern I had I was able to check - where many of the new seats hit the back of my head is uncomfortable, but I was able to find a workable position in the Bronco.

Size not really an issue - I've been filling my burning desire for a new replacement to my '95 Bronco with a few JKU's over the years, so not really off there.

Also, I'm in on a Badlands, couldn't look at that suspension with only a OB and BD...

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

What was it about the Bronco's interior that you felt wasn't as luxurious as a Wrangler? I've spent enough time in them (Jeep) that I was hugely disappointed by the interior and felt like it was the furthest thing from luxurious.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw the same two Broncos in SLC. Neither were SAS so of course you're going to feel underwhelmed if the expectation was the CO with 37's (and no engine) prototype. What folks need to understand getting in to this type of rig is you can make it whatever you want. Stock is stock. Like any truck I've ever bought, stock feels boring, small, and you cant wait to get the rig set up to your taste with level/lift kit, tires and wheels etc..

Ford took it a step further with SAS so many won't feel the need to do that which is great. That's our plan anyways.

I was surprised at the BD and the steelies tbh though. Never thought I'd think Bronco with steelies would look even decent on a 6G. The BD looked pretty damn good with that set up. Much better than the OBX. I was impressed.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The largest concern I had I was able to check - where many of the new seats hit the back of my head is uncomfortable, but I was able to find a workable position in the Bronco.
I thought I had seen all possible complaints ...

Sponsored

Chief Dan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I had seen all possible complaints ...
Happy to be unique.

I'm 6'5" with a football shaped head, so most new headrests that want to tip your head forward are maddening for me - feels like they are driving my chin toward my chest - I'd rather be able to look out the windshield without looking up, rather than at my knees...

Was an issue in my F150 - I turned the headrest around.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can understand how the OP feels. I've been wanting a Bronco my whole life. Now that I'm about to get one, I'm having some second thoughts, too.
Sponsored