Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually owned a ranger in the 90s and passed on a 2dr wrangler in 2010 after a test drive. I do like the interiors of these new full size trucks but you cant take the tops and doors off 🙂
You can take the doors, roof, and anything else off of any vehicle... Getting them re-attached is a different issue.
Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don’t think the interior dimensions from the reveal has changed, or much if at all.. sounds like you wish it came with brown leather seats and 37’s but you also said you liked the MGV more than the leather? Hmm

this very early walk-around seemed like it had 37’s:
Why Ford couldn't have spec'd the hard top in this color/finish is beyond me.
I always knew I'd be upgrading to 37's and additional lift, but high gloss black hard top is crap. Hopefully the body colored top looks better. If not, I'll be getting the Jeep 392, begrudgingly.

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a reservation to see the Broncos today so I'll be able to do an actual comparison. I do agree with you that the Jeep steering wheels are nice and I love U-connect but overall I wasn't impressed with the Wrangler/Gladiator interiors. I'm hoping that the interior fit/finish on the Broncos is due to the pre-production status. I just hope I'm not disappointed by what I see today.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Happy to be unique.

I'm 6'5" with a football shaped head, so most new headrests that want to tip your head forward are maddening for me - feels like they are driving my chin toward my chest - I'd rather be able to look out the windshield without looking up, rather than at my knees...

Was an issue in my F150 - I turned the headrest around.
Every new F-150 I've been in and both Broncos had ratcheting headrests

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To each their own I guess. I saw these in San Diego and thought the Cactus Gray really popped in the California sun. Agreed the interior is more confined than I expected, but otherwise still pretty stoked.

My $.02 to everyone is get the least amount of options/lowest trim you can live with and use the money saved on aftermarket upgrades. Next year there will be lots of goodies to make it exactly how you want.

Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Interesting. You should get something else maybe. Seems everyone thinks these are bigger rigs than they are.

I am puzzled by your comments though. You basically list a bunch of reasons you don't like it, then say if it was just Cyber Orange with aftermarket wheels and bigger tires you would love it?

It is difficult to have a dream, and then find reality doesn't meet expectations, or in this case, your dream is not the rig they built.

Good luck on decision, but maybe it just isn't the rig for you.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would recommend that you go take a look at the Toyota 4Runner 4X4. As far as space goes you'll have more room and you'll have a capable vehicle. They make nice grocery getters.

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Isn't that the H2? The H3 was based off the mid-sized Colorado/Canyon frame wasn't it?

That said the Bronco is Colorado-sized not Suburban-sized so it should interior feel being like the H3 seems right to me.
My wife owned a H3, and yes it was on the Colorado/Canyon chassis. Great vehicle, beautiful leather interior. Good pavement manners, great in the snow but underpowered with the inline 5.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much the opposite of my reaction seeing them in person but everyone has different tastes and needs.

The black OBX was uninteresting to me but I've also never so much as built one on B&P.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a lot of good advice in these responses. I like the one just before that says look at a Forerunner. Forget about the wait; this is a lot of money for a toy. Sure it might be your daily driver, but let's face it, it's not the most practical transport.

It has been said a few times in this thread... If you don't love it, do not buy it.

It does sound like you want something a little bigger, a little more amenity rich, and you don't love the general aesthetics. Those are all real concerns and they are not likely to be resolved with a couple doo-dads on the accessory rail.

I have had cars that make you happy when you get in them. I mean like covet. When they are down, you are sad. When you get them back, you are beaming. I'm talking happy as shit driving around doing nothing, by yourself. I don't have a car like that right now. I don't know if this is going to be that same thing for me. We'll see. But Everyone should have that experience with something.

Get something you love. Life is too short.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had cars that make you happy when you get in them.
I try to only own these cars but there are surprisingly few. My current car was purchased to get me by and doesn't fit this description and I can't wait to get out of it, even though it is objectively a very good car.

If you don't admire it every time you walk away, you bought the wrong car.

This was at the Bronco event I went to and might be a better fit for a lot of people here.

IMG_20210502_112038666.jpg

IMG_20210502_112029504_HDR.jpg

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I try to only own these cars but there are surprisingly few. My current car was purchased to get me by and doesn't fit this description and I can't wait to get out of it, even though it is objectively a very good car.

If you don't admire it every time you walk away, you bought the wrong car.

This was at the Bronco event I went to and might be a better fit for a lot of people here.

Ford Bronco Saw Bronco in person today..Kinda disappointed IMG_20210502_112029504_HDR

Ford Bronco Saw Bronco in person today..Kinda disappointed IMG_20210502_112029504_HDR
I have one of those and its the best rig we have ever owned. Rides like a dream and has a ton of room. Its just the sticker price that will make you sick. One with just a few options is 70K+. BUT it definitely is not a Bronco. Just buy one of each and you have the best of both worlds.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why Ford couldn't have spec'd the hard top in this color/finish is beyond me.
I always knew I'd be upgrading to 37's and additional lift, but high gloss black hard top is crap. Hopefully the body colored top looks better. If not, I'll be getting the Jeep 392, begrudgingly.

Why is the High Gloss Black MOD Top Crap????

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should probably cancel.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It appears to me that some, including the OP, didn't do their homework... struggling with their own wants versus the direction this vehicle was clearly going for. This direction was explained by the people involved with bringing this vehicle to fruition. For the individuals who are not feeling this direction, they should probably look elsewhere. The OP is entitled to his opinion and can respect his views, but many will have varying outlooks.

I attended one of the events to check out some examples in person... it met my expectations, but I kind of knew they would. My main reason for a personal look was to see if it may be problematic for some to ingress/egress a Sasquatch-equipped Bronco. Luckily, the event I attended had such an example on display. I can tell others were not so fortunate...
Sponsored