mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went to my dealer for their by reservation only Bronco viewing. They had a cactus gray BD 4dr non squatch and black 4 dr OB non squatch. Unfortunately, I was not as impressed as I was hoping. Granted I have a 2dr badlands with squatch and Lux in carb grey and these were not the best representation of that. Here are my thoughts after viewing:

The MGV interior is very comfortable and the seats are well padded. The MGV is better that the leather seats.

The interior seems much smaller and the vehicle itself seems much smaller than I expected. Interior reminds me of the size of the H3 hummer.

The fit and finish of the interior and dash are not impressive although I will say the 12 inch screen really pops and boosts the dash aesthetics considerably.

The black and cactus gray did not excite me. I think the vehicle would look much nicer in the expected 2022 green.

The base tires and wheels ont the OBX and the BD were unimpressive.

Rear cargo even with 4dr is very small.

I know I am about to get blasted here and I am not sure what to do now as I have been waiting so long for the Bronco. I think what I really want is what they showed at the initial reveal, like that cyber orange 2dr with the saddle brown leather interior and 37 inch BFGs. Thatvis what got me excited in the first place and what I saw today was kinda a let down. Hey I know it is prob more than capable vehicle its just if Im spending 60k I want to be impressed with more than capability...give me what you teased us with at the reveal. Im that customer that cares about fit and finish too. I care about aesthetics..and yes of course I want it to perform too.

Oh and it is depressing bc the Bronco is basically what I have been looking forward to for nearly a year now and today I feel confused. Maybe I should lower my expectations bc I am not interested in paying another 20K or more on a Land Rover or Jeep 392. I think if that new hummer was out I might be willing to spend more on that but not wanting to go through the waiting game with it.

Well so far Im still in...but it has me thinking...
i was dissapointed too but still in
Sponsored

OP
OP
ttboy

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't let the small tire/wheel combo vs. the amazing teaser with the big 37's throw you off.
It is a shame you couldn't see a SAS version in person, because it makes it look like a totally different vehicle.
If All I ever knew were the non-sas versions, I wouldn't have pined and waited and ordered one.
It truly is on another scale.
As far as interior, that's been beat to death on several threads and I'm not about to jump on the "what did you expect for the utility aspect" train on you....
But at the end of the day it is kept kind of spartan and all or a reason.
Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to see a version offered that had the soft touch and cushy seats and all that for people who wanted that and had zero intent on getting it dirty...
But I personally like the ease of cleanup and ability to ride without fear of damaging the upholstery with a random shower or bit of dirt.
It's one of those trade-off kinda deals where you really can't have both, and if Ford had put all that nice stuff in there, people would be on forums and FB complaining about the materials not holding up when it rained and all kinds of odd rants.
It did seem smaller inside in person than what the outside hints at, but I expected it myself from riding in/driving Jeeps before.

It is easy to get discouraged by all kinds of things these days. The best therapy for this rut for me was to go look at some of the competition in person as well and look at the price tags, weigh my options and compare. Look at the standard base Wrangler vs. what you saw. And I wish you had the chance, again, to see a WT or a BL (or something with the SAS pack) and compare it to a Rubi.
At the end of the day it made me feel better again about the wait, etc.
And also knowing that if this does spiral out of where it makes more sense to buy something else... there are some good options out there at that price point...just not as good at all the things a Bronco brings to the table.
I'll continue to wait, dream, save $, and plan out adventures in the meantime.

And yeah that hummer EV looks pretty mean, big as a house, but I'd be scared to scratch it or get mud in it. Plus it is quite a bit more $...you could get yourself a BL and a base, then lift the base and put 40's on that sucker for what the Hummer costs...
Best of luck!
Damn good points! Im still in...jusst thinkin🤠

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I went to my dealer for their by reservation only Bronco viewing. They had a cactus gray BD 4dr non squatch and black 4 dr OB non squatch. Unfortunately, I was not as impressed as I was hoping. Granted I have a 2dr badlands with squatch and Lux in carb grey and these were not the best representation of that. Here are my thoughts after viewing:

The MGV interior is very comfortable and the seats are well padded. The MGV is better that the leather seats.

The interior seems much smaller and the vehicle itself seems much smaller than I expected. Interior reminds me of the size of the H3 hummer.

The fit and finish of the interior and dash are not impressive although I will say the 12 inch screen really pops and boosts the dash aesthetics considerably.

The black and cactus gray did not excite me. I think the vehicle would look much nicer in the expected 2022 green.

I know I am about to get blasted here and I am not sure what to do now as I have been waiting so long for the Bronco. I think what I really want is what they showed at the initial reveal, like that cyber orange 2dr with the saddle brown leather interior and 37 inch BFGs. Thatvis what got me excited in the first place and what I saw today was kinda a let down. Hey I know it is prob more than capable vehicle its just if Im spending 60k I want to be impressed with more than capability...give me what you teased us with at the reveal. Im that customer that cares about fit and finish too. I care about aesthetics..and yes of course I want it to perform too.

Oh and it is depressing bc the Bronco is basically what I have been looking forward to for nearly a year now and today I feel confused. Maybe I should lower my expectations bc I am not interested in paying another 20K or more on a Land Rover or Jeep 392. I think if that new hummer was out I might be willing to spend more on that but not wanting to go through the waiting game with it.

While I wanted to point out you own a GMC product, then go into a colorful analogy about GMC interiors being on par with legos from the ages 1-3 product range, i'll simply say this:

Read my signature. It sums up the response to your post.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why is the High Gloss Black MOD Top Crap????
For no other reason than it's high gloss black.

FWIW the high gloss black top is not what is depicted in the video on page 1 of this thread. If that one made it to production I'd be stoked. But nope.

Last edited:

tigerpete

Outer Banks
First Name
pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 explorer/2019 escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The steelies don't impress me

Sponsored

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So main complaint is the size... had you checked out a ranger or wrangler in the past? Not sure how that could really be disappointing unless you were expecting a full size truck not midsize.
Cancel your res and we all move up a spot..LOL

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed that the Bronco is not high build quality as far as the. interior fittings and such. The main design focus went into it's offroad capabilities and it has definitely shown that it is there having already won several legacy offroad events such as King of the Hammers. It's just what it is meant to be. Personally, I feel for the people that spent extra on luxury stuff. I bought Base and wish I had gone Black Diamond. The big deal is that with the Badlands people are getting a huge deal as it takes a lot of customization before a Jeep or whatever can hang with the Bronco. You can upgrade your interior as you go along. It is a solid vehicle for when the Zombie Apocalypse comes. That's why I bought one.
Sponsored