Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80 4 runner and 18 jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2012 flex has 200k miles on it. Don't knock the flex
Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

I don't understand why but Ford doesn't seem to value the name Bronco. Look if they want to make a Bronco sport that's great but they should have giving it a completely different name and left Bronco out of it. instead they just start making different vehicles and badging it with the name Bronco, seems to devalue it.
Renegade, is it really a Jeep or a Fiat? Or slapping the Blazer name on that city thing. A 4dr electric called a Mustang, seriously?
It's a disease called marketing. Or as I like to call it, a lack of imagination.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maybe my bar is lower, but I don't see how the 2.0L sport could be much underpowered when it has 250 hp. I have '98 Expedition, 5.4L, that is 235 hp. That was the big engine in the Expedition and the F-150. I'll likely opt for the 2.7L in my Bronco but only because I want it, not because I really think I need it.
Fair enough. It is adequate for those in teh market for a Bronco Sport.

That isn't me.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tend to agree. Looks like an old body style Escape to me.
And I love that style, reminds me of an old skool SUV before the sea of generic crossovers
Ford Bronco Saw bronco sport today. Disappointed 1608650509164

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Sport is a meaningless product to me. I have zero interest in it whatsoever and have not bothered to watch any of the videos on it. I'm purely interested in the Bronco.

My only gripe about the Sport is that it shares the Bronco name. But it's not really a Bronco. It's a branding project. Bronco should be Bronco. Not that half-ass mini SUV.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just talked to a Bronco Sport this afternoon. Said they saw you, and were really disappointed too.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "big" Bronco name is a branding tool too. The Bronco Sport is as much a Bronco as anything else with Bronco on the grill. The big Bronco has been marketed to be a badass truck, but it's only called a Bronco because someone put that on the grill. It could have just as easily been called a Scout, except it's not that badass.

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Sport looks like an old boxy Escape and I love it. I'm getting one (a Badlands) to replace my current Escape and I can't wait for it to arrive. It'll compliment my 2DR Badlands nicely, when the 2DR finally arrives.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I kept hearing people say the Flex looks like a knockoff Range Rover. Like, have none of you seen an Explorer? That's way closer of a body shape. The only thing the Flex copies is the lettering on the hood, which the Explorer also did.

I love my Flex. Fight me, internet.
I've never read anyone say anything bad about the flex, just that it's not what they want from a Bronco branded vehicle, which I believe it reasonable.

The flex is pretty sweet for a street car, especially the last ones with the new grille. I wish ford would have advertised it better and updated it instead of letting it rot.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Saw one today. It is a great little car. Doug D scored just below the wrangler but ABOVE the 4Runner! I haven't test drove one, but I definitely like what I saw.

My son said if he were in the market for a DD he would buy one... except he would remove the "Sport" from the back and add a "II" after it. He is adamant that Ford's only two mistakes is the notsogreat gas mileage, and it should have been called "BRONCO II".

When I finish paying off my big Bronco, I definitely will test drive a Sport to consider it to replace my daily driver.
Problem with that, is it's not a Bronco 2. The Bronco 2 rocked a truck frame that it shared with the Ranger.

Instead of removing "Sport", it would be more accurate to remove "Bronco" and replace it with "Escape".

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saw a big bend sport today. I was disappointed. Very small.

The cherokee is by far a more substantial vehicle.
The Baby Bronco is designed to compete with the Compass (and the Patriot if they still make those). It's an all wheel drive Escape. It's a town car you can drive on Forrest Service roads, well, maintained ones.
Sponsored