First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had to work in Ohio a few days so I took today off after the work was done to go to a Detroit Dealer Showing, to see a Real Bronco in person. My wife came out too for a escape. Taylor Ford for a 1pm Bronco had a 4Door Cactus Grey First Edition and WOW! No one else was there and we had the Bronco all to ourselves. We climbed over it for about an hour and then looked at all the different colors in the lot. The staff was great and actually seemed to know a lot, better than I expected.

My impressions are:
  • -My wife loved it. She asked me what I can do to get mine faster. She also was pointing out all the little Easter eggs
  • - Like everyone else has said, the Bronco is bigger in person, don't think this is little. The floor in the back was above my navel. Sas package doesn't have a roof rack because you won't reach it anyway. I can't imaging putting my Kayaks up and down from there.
  • -The 35" tires are HUGE, I'm 6' and they came up to my belt. I'll be happy with the 32" tires on the OBX I have ordered. My 5'2" wife would not like climbing in and out of this one all the time. She will use the Step on the OBX although I was thinking of taking them off Shhh
  • -The Cactus grey looks a little minty green not plain grey like some pictures show. On the first edition inside and a Bronco Sport outside in the sun looks great! I would get it but I don't think it will show well once it gets salted up in the winter. I guess Ford can't make it's mind up on that.
  • - Yes the 2.7 engine looks a little hairy but it wasn't too bad, I can see down through and see the block.
  • - I sat in the front and the back and there was plenty of room, no problems with the seating. The wife said on the way home that she should have tried the driver's seat to see if it was too big her to drive.
  • - They had the flares off and I got a good look at them. It doesn't look like it would be too much trouble to add some bolts if you are worried about someone stealing them.
  • -The Doors are heavy. I was once in an accident and I was hit in my driver door. The car I was in was rated well and saved my ass. I was thinking the the Bronco wouldn't be as safe for a side impact because the doors are removable. They are heavy duty or at least heaver than I expected.
  • - Tool kit looked ok, not a cheap ratchet.
  • - Navy pier looks great in person, even my pictures don't do it justice (at least I think that is Navy Pier)
  • - I wish there was a 2Door and/or a MIC top, that what I'm ordering
  • - Opening and closing the back door is tough. The door is heavy and the shock had a resistance. Maybe it will break in after use, the wife is not going to like it.
  • - I was pretty set on the Rapid Red. Looking out in the lot we saw a Velocity Blue F150 next to a Rapid Red F150. We both loved the blue, going to switch that in my order. It was sunny then overcast too... BLUE IT IS!!
  • - Not a lot of places to put stuff. Glove box, front seat console, and I guess the trunk (that I did not see)

All the modern tech out there, but pictures still can be deceiving. Still nothing beats actually seeing it for yourself. I suggest you do the same when you can.

Thanks @LadyBronco for the registration info
https://thinkfordfirstevents.com/registration

Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_124945

Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_125418
Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_125601

I also wanted to give back a little
Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_125427

Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_130222
Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_130510
Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_130517
Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_130612
Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_130053
Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_130023

CUP HOLDERS!!!
Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_125158
Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_130714
Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_132624
Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_124948

Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 20210324_130714
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll let you know how the Sasquatch and kayak thing works out because wife said it's mandatory that we buy kayaks if we get Bronco and we are getting a 4 door Sasquatch. I just hope it doesn't take forever to get a roof rack and still think it's absurd I can't get one with my order.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll let you know how the Sasquatch and kayak thing works out because wife said it's mandatory that we buy kayaks if we get Bronco and we are getting a 4 door Sasquatch. I just hope it doesn't take forever to get a roof rack and still think it's absurd I can't get one with my order.
The sasquatch + roof rack height was a big reason I didn't get the squatch. Putting gear and my SUP on the roof rack is important and I don't want special steps and ladders just to use basic functionality of the ride. I will SUP more than I will off-road, so ymmv.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 1616672491559
Does anyone know if the lettering on the windshield will be in all or specific trims?

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great review! When I saw a 4DR SAS over the weekend I was shocked at how big it is. I've seen both a stock 2DR Badlands and a 4DR Wildtrack in parking lots in Michigan, so I thought I knew what to expect. But getting to sit in a 4DR Sasquatched Bronco and getting in and out of it makes a huge difference re perspective. It really is a beefy vehicle with a wide stance.

It prompted me to want to change by Badlands order to non-SAS (with the upgraded wheels). The 33's would be perfect for my 2DR Cyber Orange Badlands (plus I like the more traditional stance) but my wife insists on going with SAS. Don't get me wrong, I do like the SAS look, but the traditional look just sings to me.

So the deal is, we'll leave our order as is and let the Bronco gods decide. If we make it in the first production quarter, the Bronco gods want us to go SAS. So we will. If we're in the second quarter or later, and thus can change our order without a time penalty, we'll change it. (but by then she'll probably convince me to her side anyway, so we'll likely get SAS in that scenario too).

So long story short, Sasquatched Broncos are YUGE. And I'll need one of those Sasquatch stickers for my Bronco.

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh great. My GF is going to be freaking pissed. All she wanted was something to carry her SUP board. I got a 4D Wild Trak. She is 5'0". lol

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great information op

But can you explain what you mean by - "The floor in the back was above my navel."
Not OP, but when standing next to the Bronco with the doors off, I suspect the floor of the vehicle lined up with his navel. I'm 5'4". When I stood next to it, the top of the tire lined up with my hip bone.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh great. My GF is going to be freaking pissed. All she wanted was something to carry her SUP board. I got a 4D Wild Trak. She is 5'0". lol
Ford Bronco Saw Cactus Gray First Edition 4Door @ Dealer Event. 2.7L Engine + Removed Fenders + Cupholders! 10210BA_1

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I’m just bad at picturing measurements, but some days I come here and think I’m getting a beefy, yet still reasonably sized truck, and some days I come here and wonder if I’m getting a monster truck. I’m 5’10 and in pretty decent shape, so I’m sure I’ll be able to hurl myself up there no matter what, and my husband should be fine...just not sure how my 8 year old is gonna crawl in the back of our 2 door. At least at that age, it’s more of an adventure than anything.

thanks for the pics and info!
Sponsored