Sponsored

Saw the Bronco in person. Some thoughts and observations.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got a chance to sit in and measure a Bronco in person yesterday at Stoneham Ford in MA. Here are some thoughts and observations.

They had 2 - 4 doors. One was a Badlands on 32s, the other was a Black Diamond Sasquatch.

1) the 12" display is big. and responsive.
2) the interior is relatively narrow compared to the cars we own now. Not bad. But you can definitely feel that its built off a compact/midsized truck and not a full sized truck.

3) the Badlands on 33s looked very nice. It's proportions are very good.
4) I want to know how much the wheel/tire on a Sas weighs? It would not want to change a flat. Though with those tires, id imagine your chances eof getting a flat is pretty slim.

5) My concern with the Bronco was fitting my dog's crate in the back, lengthwise. The cargo area measures ~32" from a closed rear door to the hump at the front of the cargo area. MY dog crate will fit.
6) The MGV was not as nice as I was expecting. It has a brushed almost metallic look to it. I thought it was going to have more of a leather type texture to it. Not a big deal. I'll probably replace with Katzkins saddle leather interior shortly after I buy it.

7) the plastic floor is very nice and is going to be super practical. We have Weather Tech matts in all our current vehicles, so we effectively have a plastic floor now.
8) the Lux sound system sounded "good enough".

9) We will probably use ours with the top up and the doors and side windows off in the summer. (safari mode, the jeep guys call it). The side windows and rear window of the soft top come off very easily.
10) The anti-matter blue was GORGEOUS.

Overall, with my wife and family giving it a thumbs up, I'll probably continue ahead with my reservation as an order when I get the opportunity. It looks cool, will get us off road in NH where we will be moving in a few years, is comfortable enough, is roomy enough.

I'm looking forward to driving it within the month. I'm expecting it to drive better than a Jeep on the road. I drove a couple of jeeps recently and have decided that I may not want to live with the poor on-road manners of the jeep as an everyday driver.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was there yesterday to, they are very nice. As far as the spare goes, it is heavy but manageable. It should be included in your tire rotations so you will get plenty of practice to remove it
;)

Sponsored
OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So can you share how you're able to drive it within the month?
Multiple dealers have told me they expect their first demo by the end of June. Maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong.

Either way. Sooner rather than later.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a chance to sit in and measure a Bronco in person yesterday at Stoneham Ford in MA. Here are some thoughts and observations.

They had 2 - 4 doors. One was a Badlands on 32s, the other was a Black Diamond Sasquatch.

2) the interior is relatively narrow compared to the cars we own now. Not bad. But you can definitely feel that its built off a compact/midsized truck and not a full sized truck.

3) the Badlands on 33s looked very nice. It's proportions are very good.
4) I want to know how much the wheel/tire on a Sas weighs? It would not want to change a flat. Though with those tires, id imagine your chances eof getting a flat is pretty slim.

5) My concern with the Bronco was fitting my dog's crate in the back, lengthwise. The cargo area measures ~32" from a closed rear door to the hump at the front of the cargo area. MY dog crate will fit.
6) The MGV was not as nice as I was expecting. It has a brushed almost metallic look to it. I thought it was going to have more of a leather type texture to it. Not a big deal. I'll probably replace with Katzkins saddle leather interior shortly after I buy it.

7) the plastic floor is very nice and is going to be super practical. We have Weather Tech matts in all our current vehicles, so we effectively have a plastic floor now.

9) We will probably use ours with the top up and the doors and side windows off in the summer. (safari mode, the jeep guys call it). The side windows and rear window of the soft top come off very easily.

Overall, with my wife and family giving it a thumbs up, I'll probably continue a head with my reservation as an order when I get the opportunity. It looks cool, will get us off road in NH where we will be moving in a few years, is comfortable enough, is roomy enough.

I'm looking forward to driving it within the month. I'm expecting it to drive better than a Jeep on the road. I drove a couple of jeeps recently and have decided that I may not want to live with the poor on-road manners of the jeep as an everyday driver.
Good write up, thanks for sharing. It drives much better than any Jeep I have experienced (I have not been in the newest model, but owned an LJ and tried to buy and JL, but could not deal with the ride/drive trade off of the Jeep anymore). You will be pleased I think.

OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you get a chance to actually drive one? Or just ride in one?

If so, I'd be interested in more details about driving it.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The raptor beadlock wheel and tire size are identical to the SAS and on the raptor they weigh roughly 100 pounds. Lifting a 100 pound wheel and tire is not too bad but trying to lift it and precisely line up the wheel bolts is a different story. And when you can’t bare the weight anymore and slip just ever so slightly you will scratch the barrel against the brake dust shield. Grrrrr!

OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, some of the people that ordered saquatch as they thought it looked cool with 35" tires are in for a suprise, they may need a new card.

membership_card.png
What makes you think the AAA guy will have any more luck.

My wife and I both do strength training regularly. Whenever we encounter something heavy, we have an ongoing joke where we look at each other and say "Good thing we work out". ha. I guess its funnier between the 2 of us.

With respect to lining up the bolts. One trick that works is to make fine adjustments with the jack so that the lugs are exactly the height of the holes. Then you just have to line up the holes, but you don't have to actually lift the tire.

I don't bother with this because I can easily lift the wheel on our cars with normal sized wheels. But my wife has used this when she changed a tire.

Don

p.s. Only a millennial / Gen Z'er who never learned to change a tire would call AAA to change a tire. I can get it swapped in under 15 minutes. Why would I wait for someone else to do it as long as I'm physically capable.

I also keep a couple of clean white towels and a pair of nitrile gloves in the spare tire area in case I have to change it while I'm dressed in business attire.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3) the Badlands on 32s looked very nice. It's proportions are very good.

Overall, with my wife and family giving it a thumbs up, I'll probably continue a head with my reservation as an order when I get the opportunity. It looks cool, will get us off road in NH where we will be moving in a few years, is comfortable enough, is roomy enough.

I was at that showing. I might be an outlier but I was less impressed with AMB then I thought I'd be. I have cactus gray on order but I was getting ready to switch to AMB, now I'm sticking with CG. I also thought the interior was better than some had mentioned but that's an opinion and expectations thing. I remember thinking "this thing feels more solid than I expected" but I also don't have any reason why I expected less

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The narrow aspect of the vehicle is something I keep stressing to people. It’s a big vehicle, but not too wide.

Go sit in a Ford Ranger and you’ll be pretty close to a Bronco. It’s no F150.
Sponsored