Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford has lost its ass with Rivian... to the tune of over $5 billion and counting... and Ford just unloaded another 7 million Rivian shares.

I think Ford was even going to do a joint venture to make an upscale Lincoln EV. Pretty sure that got scrapped.

If you think Broncos have problems getting built, Rivian can't even build 1000/mo... when they were supposed to build 40k/year.

What a dumpster fire. It's a shame because it was a very innovative truck... despite a face only a mother could love.
They sold 7 million out of like 130 million shares so it wasn't as big a deal as the media made it out to be. They did lose money but then the stock market in general is red.
I think they are down to close to $80 million shares now...

... and when the stock price started at $78... jumped to $170... and now still hasn't hit bottom at $26... you can see why they are just dumping it.
Ford has also used tactics like this in the past to try and swallow a company.

Rivian did just strike a huge deal with a gov't contract not that long ago. So we'll see how that plays out
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Saw a truck version with 30 day tags today. Ugly and starts at $67,5000… no thanks

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Problem is that it had Ford Manufacturing plates on it. Wouldn't it be a Ford?
Ford and Amazon were major investors in Rivian

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been seeing more and more of the Rivian R1T's on the road in the Bay Area - It's a pretty compelling truck and something I would love to replace our VW Atlas in a few years.
Has some cool features, but just adding a spare tire and any color other than silver takes it over $70k. My new Bronco, plus my wife's new F-150 together are less than that.

It also doesn't fit in my garage so charging would be problematic unless I added an outdoor 240 VAC outlet on a post.

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has some cool features, but just adding a spare tire and any color other than silver takes it over $70k. My new Bronco, plus my wife's new F-150 together are less than that.

It also doesn't fit in my garage so charging would be problematic unless I added an outdoor 240 VAC outlet on a post.
Yeah, they are not cheap especially after the price hike they had a few months back. I configured one that was north of $100k. Even the F150 Lightning gets expensive quickly if you want the extended range battery. Personally, I'm excited for EV trucks but I'm going to give them a few more years as 500 miles of range will soon be standard and charging times will continue to decrease.

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like that's the 2023 4dr bronco code name Sparky.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford has also used tactics like this in the past to try and swallow a company.

Rivian did just strike a huge deal with a gov't contract not that long ago. So we'll see how that plays out
They bid on the new Mail delivery vehicle. I believe NG beat their bid.
Sponsored