Sponsored

Say what? Scheduled for the week of January 17th??

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A bizarre--from what I've been reading on this forum for a while now--thing just happened to me. I got the scheduling email at 4:59 pm today, telling me that my Bronco is scheduled for production the week of January 17th.

The email included my VIN and I confirmed it at Ford.com.

Why I think it's bizarre:
  • Reservation date: 8/7/21
  • Order date: 10/20/21
  • Scheduled for week of Jan 17th

It's a 4 door OBX, non-Squatch, 2.3L, Lux package, Towing, Soft top, Roast leather, Eruption green.

I ordered it through Battlefield Ford in Manassas, VA. I believe they are a pretty high volume Ford dealer at least in the Midlantic region, maybe the nation.

I know my priority code was bumped to 10, so perhaps that helped?

Given some of the long waits I know others have had, I was assuming that maybe I'd be driving it around Christmas of 2022 if not early 2023.

Has anything happened with commodities availability that has increased availability? I know the soft top helps, but I'd assumed the lux package and maybe the tow package would have slowed things down.
Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A bizarre--from what I've been reading on this forum for a while now--thing just happened to me. I got the scheduling email at 4:59 pm today, telling me that my Bronco is scheduled for production the week of January 17th.

The email included my VIN and I confirmed it at Ford.com.

Why I think it's bizarre:
  • Reservation date: 8/7/21
  • Order date: 10/20/21
  • Scheduled for week of Jan 17th

It's a 4 door OBX, non-Squatch, 2.3L, Lux package, Towing, Soft top, Roast leather, Eruption green.

I ordered it through Battlefield Ford in Manassas, VA. I believe they are a pretty high volume Ford dealer at least in the Midlantic region, maybe the nation.

I know my priority code was bumped to 10, so perhaps that helped?

Given some of the long waits I know others have had, I was assuming that maybe I'd be driving it around Christmas of 2022 if not early 2023.

Has anything happened with commodities availability that has increased availability? I know the soft top helps, but I'd assumed the lux package and maybe the tow package would have slowed things down.
Good for you! Conagrats!

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Four door soft top. It’s what Ford wants ALL of us to order.

OP
OP
markpilip

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Four door soft top. It’s what Ford wants ALL of us to order.
Seems like it. I really would have preferred a hard top, but changed to soft top when I ordered after reading about all the delays here. With this one, I think it would look best with a white top, which I think I'll get at some point through the aftermarket maybe.

I'm not much of a convertible guy, but some of the videos I've seen online warmed me up to the point of at least being OK with it.
Sponsored