Sponsored

Sayonara! Sold my Bronco and bought a Crosstrek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasherbrum

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Off Road, Beater Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not trolling and will probably get roasted for this, but I could take my 2 door Basesquatch as a daily driver for only 4 months.

Main issues for me were the inability to fold the rears seats flat for cargo, the sketchiness of the load factor for roof cargo and the dismal gas mileage – for some reason my mpg seemed to decline and I got only 17mpg (275 miles) on my last highway trip. The lack of a 2nd set of doors also proved to be much more of a headache than I anticipated.

Granted, I knew about these potential issues going in, but was also hoping I could make it work for daily driving, but for me it just didn’t. So I sold it for what I paid for it, and bought a Crosstrek which has rear seats that fold flat, a bomb proof roof rack and gets 550 highway miles on a tankful. But unlike the Bronco which I think is the best-looking vehicle on the road, a Crosstrek looks like millions of other cars on the road … no one is ever going to come up to you at a gas station and say “ nice looking car you got there”. So in a way I went from Ginger to Mary Ann.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the Bronco is a GREAT car … you just need to be realistic if it's going to be a great car for your specific needs.
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it strange that I had to google Crosstrek to find out who made it? I’m not a big Subaru fan but get why others like them as we had a place in Lake Tahoe for many years and had neighbors that were die hard Subaru fans. I wouldn’t want the Bronco as my daily driver especially if I did mostly highway miles. I love having a Bronco but we have other vehicles including a Range Rover diesel(29mpg) to drive that are certainly way better for a highway trip.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Living in Colorado I grew a distain for Subaru’s simply because of all the Outback owners that thought they could drive anywhere even in a blizzard. Well all that matters is you are happy with your ride. Question though, I’ve heard that Subaru’s come with a girlfriend for your girlfriend, any truth in that, haha. Kidding. Enjoy the new ride.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m not trolling and will probably get roasted for this, but I could take my 2 door Basesquatch as a daily driver for only 4 months.

Main issues for me were the inability to fold the rears seats flat for cargo, the sketchiness of the load factor for roof cargo and the dismal gas mileage – for some reason my mpg seemed to decline and I got only 17mpg (275 miles) on my last highway trip. The lack of a 2nd set of doors also proved to be much more of a headache than I anticipated.

Granted, I knew about these potential issues going in, but was also hoping I could make it work for daily driving, but for me it just didn’t. So I sold it for what I paid for it, and bought a Crosstrek which has rear seats that fold flat, a bomb proof roof rack and gets 550 highway miles on a tankful. But unlike the Bronco which I think is the best-looking vehicle on the road, a Crosstrek looks like millions of other cars on the road … no one is ever going to come up to you at a gas station and say “ nice looking car you got there”. So in a way I went from Ginger to Mary Ann.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the Bronco is a GREAT car … you just need to be realistic if it's going to be a great car for your specific needs.
Brave but fair

Also the Bronco was Mary Ann, Ginger was the slightly better looking but unreliable and overpriced vehicle you didn't buy

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish people would quit saying "car" when talking about the Bronco. It's not a car. And as far as gas mileage goes like I've pointed out many times it's most likely your driving that's the problem. There are Broncos out there getting 20+ real world mpg.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

not gonna lie, i had to google Crosstrek to know what the heck it was. Definitely get your reasoning, especially with the 2 door. Im sure someone will be very happy with your bronco.

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think there will be a lot of people in your situation soon. It's a fun SUV but not a super practical vehicle for a daily driver when you have a long commute. Unless you just like burning cash at the pump. My badsquatch is currently at 17MPGs at a little over 1K miles. It's not a big deal for me because I work from home but for folks with 60 mile roundtrip commutes, 60/17*3.94(national average for gas) that's about $14 a day. A crosstrek gets 27 city / 34 highway. You'll be spending half as much on gas.

As far as the 2-door is concerned you should have understood that before you bought it LOL.

dberg71

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak SAS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My WT is getting 21mpg right now. I am very happy with that when my Raptor was only getting 16.8 mpg. I knew what I was getting in to. At the end of the day you need to be happy with what you got period.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally get what you're saying ... but I am on the other side of that coin.

After years of driving the mind numbingly boring Outback , I needed something that stirred my soul.
As an early Bronco owner, the 6G is a God send!
MPG be dammed!!!

I did buy a 2dr and have the same issue as you, it's just difficult to live with even for just me.
Tossing the lunch box in the back seat of a four door is just works a ton better than having to open the tailgate.

It's like, take the dog and only a minimum amount of gear ... or leave the dog and pack it to the gills ... which still isn't much gear.

Me, wife and kiddo,(no dog) going on a weekender at a hotel just barely fit everything. No freaking way could we camp out of a 2dr.

My solution will be a small utility trailer, which will give me a ton of cargo capacity and I can use it for all kinds of other stuff, yardwork, hauling appliances or lawn tractors, tillers etc etc.

After having to unload heavy shit out of a F250, I'll pick the loading ramp of a utility trailer every day, twice on Sunday, as they say.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brave but fair

Also the Bronco was Mary Ann, Ginger was the slightly better looking but unreliable and overpriced vehicle you didn't buy
Thank the Gods, because I strongly prefer the MaryAnn's!!!

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
there are Subaru folks and there 4 wheeling folks...party on!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.