Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2021 Badlands Lux Non Squatch 2.7L 5,500 Miles

Took my doors off for the 2nd time today and had some problems arise for the first time. Might be unrelated but I found it odd that it happened today. Headed home on after an approximate 2 hour trip, several warning lights come on and the alarms begin to go off inside. Service Advancetrac, Check Brake System, ABS Fault, Hill Start Assist Warning and Pre-Collision Assist Not Available. Heard a clicking around my brake pedal and when I pressed it nothing happened. I pressed the brake pedal again and it locked my front tires down so hard that I left skid marks on the road (hopefully haven't ruined my tires). Pulled over, turned the vehicle off and let it sit for a minute or two. Restarted and no issues. 30 minutes down the road and it happened again. This time I pumped the brakes and it was fine. Pulled over, check all the ground wires that I could find to make sure they were tight, pulled the ground from the battery and let it sit for 5 minutes. Restarted and all was well until I was about 15 minutes from my house. Slowed down, kept my distance and brought it on home. Has anyone else had this problem? This is my wife's daily driver and I will not let her get behind the wheel with it like this.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having some (less serious so far) issues with the doors off. Similar backstory, first time doors off was a couple weeks ago, no issues. This weekend, doors off, all the warnings: no hillstart assist, advance track etc. Plus it randomly reminding me that the transmission is not in park (no shit Sherlock, we are doing 60 down the highway). I came visit the forum today just to research this. So far it hasn't affected the normal service brakes, but it does apply the parking brake at times. So far it has only done so while sitting in Park, hopefully won't see it happen going down the highway.

One thing to note, I am not 100% sure (although I am "pretty" sure) that I had killed all power, accessory power included, when removing the doors this time. I am going to put them back on this evening and will be sure next time to start removal from an all power off status to see if that helps the computer recognize we are going doorless.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like people are having issues with bronco throwing codes when removing the doors. I have no plans to remove my doors don’t want to mess them up and get the codes and issues. Removing the tops are awsome though

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 F250 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its best practice and i believe stated in manual that the bronco needs to be off before doors are removed and seatbelt on before turning on. Errors come up otherwise. Ive followed this procedure every time with no issues so far. I have had braking errors from low voltage from battery dying and needed a few minutes, like 10 minutes, worth of driving to clear them after battery was jumped.

Sponsored

GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like it thinks the door is open going down the road, so applies the brake. Very common safety protocol on most new vehicles today.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Buckle your seatbelt before you start the engine, just as the owner manual suggests, and it'll do just fine.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Buckle your seatbelt before you start the engine, just as the owner manual suggests, and it'll do just fine.
If that is actually a real thing, then it’s a steaming load of crap. I know when I need to put my GD seatbelt on.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am having some (less serious so far) issues with the doors off. Similar backstory, first time doors off was a couple weeks ago, no issues. This weekend, doors off, all the warnings: no hillstart assist, advance track etc. Plus it randomly reminding me that the transmission is not in park (no shit Sherlock, we are doing 60 down the highway). I came visit the forum today just to research this. So far it hasn't affected the normal service brakes, but it does apply the parking brake at times. So far it has only done so while sitting in Park, hopefully won't see it happen going down the highway.

One thing to note, I am not 100% sure (although I am "pretty" sure) that I had killed all power, accessory power included, when removing the doors this time. I am going to put them back on this evening and will be sure next time to start removal from an all power off status to see if that helps the computer recognize we are going doorless.
Hello, Ryan! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this brake concern on your vehicle. Thanks!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2021 Badlands Lux Non Squatch 2.7L 5,500 Miles

Took my doors off for the 2nd time today and had some problems arise for the first time. Might be unrelated but I found it odd that it happened today. Headed home on after an approximate 2 hour trip, several warning lights come on and the alarms begin to go off inside. Service Advancetrac, Check Brake System, ABS Fault, Hill Start Assist Warning and Pre-Collision Assist Not Available. Heard a clicking around my brake pedal and when I pressed it nothing happened. I pressed the brake pedal again and it locked my front tires down so hard that I left skid marks on the road (hopefully haven't ruined my tires). Pulled over, turned the vehicle off and let it sit for a minute or two. Restarted and no issues. 30 minutes down the road and it happened again. This time I pumped the brakes and it was fine. Pulled over, check all the ground wires that I could find to make sure they were tight, pulled the ground from the battery and let it sit for 5 minutes. Restarted and all was well until I was about 15 minutes from my house. Slowed down, kept my distance and brought it on home. Has anyone else had this problem? This is my wife's daily driver and I will not let her get behind the wheel with it like this.
Good morning, Ross! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these brake and warning concerns for you on my end. Thanks!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Many people start their vehicles before they put their seat belts on. Ford is clearly trying to pass this off as a feature and it is an obvious bug that needs to be fixed. I'd file a claim to NHTSA.

If this truly was a feature, then one of the following things should be happening...

1) once you did clip in, the error would go away.

2) The error should state that your seatbelt must be fastened with the doors off, not throwing a book of error codes at you about ABS, 4x4, etc.

3) If you truly were about the safety, this would piss off a lot of your customers, but Ford could literally not allow the vehicle to go into drive with the doors off and the seat belts unlatched.

It's a piss poor coverup by Ford for a crap implementation.

Hartzco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would a seat belt extender left always plugged in solve the problem?

OP
OP
MSBroncoBuccaneer

MSBroncoBuccaneer

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good morning, Ross! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these brake and warning concerns for you on my end. Thanks!
Sending to you now!
Sponsored