Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think about it this way. Ford has to pay warranty claims for early engine failure, right? So if it really made sense to change the oil after the first 1,500 miles wouldn’t it make sense they’d not only recommend it but also require it?

That said it won’t hurt so if it makes one feel better then knock yourself out.
Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ugh. I didn't think about that. Makes complete sense.
It’s just all part of thorough vehicle maintenance, along with biannual brake fluid flushing and coolant check for ph and freeze/boil protection.

OP
OP
Roll Sound

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good stuff. I had forgotten about diff lube. I was used to maintaining my Haldex, so an easy transition.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not go 7500. 1500 may be a little too soon though. I typically would change oil in a brand new engine at about 2500 miles. One of my vehicles is a 2019 Silverado with the 5.3. I change the oil at about every 4500 miles, 5-6 months of use. The oil minder is at about 49%. According to the oil meter I could go many more miles. But when I change it it is filthy dirty- so black. I use full synthetic Mobil One. I drive in very hot temperatures in South Florida though.

Everybody is different though- most on these forums change the oil even sooner than I do.
You sound like a smart man. The thing is your 5.3 is not nearly as stressed as one of these turbo Bronco are. I mostly agree with your intervals but think there is nothing lost changing at the first at 1500 (they probably only have semi- synthetic in them from factory).
Good oil and filters are reasonably cheap, engines and transmissions are not.
Motor on...

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I asked my dealer when I picked it up after delivery and they said the same… 7500 miles. Currently my pass app says 42% life left, but that would be over 7500 miles. I just drove 2500 miles for Thanksgiving visiting family so I’m scheduling mine for next week.

9A15C551-0427-4639-9C8D-6888067FE1C8.jpeg

A94591B9-77AD-4BCE-8A9D-10F3CFDFD28C.jpeg

Sponsored

fr8ycat

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4, 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think about it this way. Ford has to pay warranty claims for early engine failure, right? So if it really made sense to change the oil after the first 1,500 miles wouldn’t it make sense they’d not only recommend it but also require it?

That said it won’t hurt so if it makes one feel better then knock yourself out.

Exactly, Ford has to pay, not the dealer. The dealer gets paid either way and imagine they get paid a lot more for engine replacement than an oil change.

That being said you do what makes you comfortable, not the dealer or any of our opinions. I have always changed my own oil for my own peace of mind.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Changed mine at 1500. Partly because I wanted the full synthetic.

The more interesting thing here is dealer said same thing to me and tried to talk me out of oil change. With dealers struggling right now with low inventories, I really don’t understand why they’d basically decline business (even just an oil change) when that’s what the customer wants. Weird.

OP
OP
Roll Sound

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Changed mine at 1500. Partly because I wanted the full synthetic.

The more interesting thing here is dealer said same thing to me and tried to talk me out of oil change. With dealers struggling right now with low inventories, I really don’t understand why they’d basically decline business (even just an oil change) when that’s what the customer wants. Weird.
Same here. If anything I was like, they are actually being honest about this. They dissuaded me from spending money.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same 2.3 that's in a lot of your broncos, not the 2.7. First oil change was 7500ish, second at 14000. Looked fantastic. No metal shavings, no nonsense, so I don't know who any of these people are saying it without evidence but I'm actively driving that exact motor and it's good to go. No break in period, wheeled it at 400 miles and hit things HARD, and it's good as gold.

Lot of misinformation from uniformed keyboard warriors on here.
You can’t tell jack from just looking at used oil. You have to sample correctly and have an analysis done to know what’s going on with the engine it was sampled from and the oil itself.

SwissBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, JL, Hummer H1,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its amazing how different us Euros handle the oil change interval, compared to you.

New vehicles here get 40-50K Km ( 25-30K Miles) with the first oil. And do all are engines fall apart? Def. not.

A lot has changed in the oil und engine Industrie, the manufacturing tolerances are like zero, so absolutely no need for a early oil change.

Here you have to wait 4-6 weeks to get an appointment for an oil change - you folks have drive-through places. Funny world - with cool cars :)

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interval for my Audi is every 10,000 miles, a very high strung 2 liter turbo. One that’s won a wards best engine prize in the past, I believe.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did 3000 miles. My mechanic, who is a eco-boost proponent, told me it is unnecessary to do it earlier with these engines. There are some old men's tales going on in this forum, I think.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its amazing how different us Euros handle the oil change interval, compared to you.

New vehicles here get 40-50K Km ( 25-30K Miles) with the first oil. And do all are engines fall apart? Def. not.

A lot has changed in the oil und engine Industrie, the manufacturing tolerances are like zero, so absolutely no need for a early oil change.

Here you have to wait 4-6 weeks to get an appointment for an oil change - you folks have drive-through places. Funny world - with cool cars :)
I am a tech. The filter element in euro cars usually collapses by 15-20k so I’m really curious how you all aren’t taking out more bearings and cam adjusters. Even if the oil can, the filter can not, judging from what I take out of cars.

SwissBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, JL, Hummer H1,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just an example, NOT A BRONCO, oil every 40K km or 2 years... In no way I am saying you are correct or wrong - this topic will still be hot for our Grand Kids

Ford Bronco Scheduling 1500 Mile Oil Change Today, Dealer Said Let It Ride Til 7500 Miles C85F084D-D0CB-4B77-8916-40927E6650C6

Fun fact, The Wrangler JL 2.0 has a 10`000mile oil life span in the US. Same Engine here gets 16`000 miles. We must have better air ;)

Last edited:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just an example, NOT A BRONCO, oil every 40K km or 2 years... In no way I am saying you are correct or wrong - this topic will still be hot for our Grand Kids

C85F084D-D0CB-4B77-8916-40927E6650C6.jpg

Fun fact, The Wrangler JL 2.0 has a 10`000mile oil life span in the US. Same Engine here gets 16`000 miles. We must have better air ;)
I'll bet it's because so many Americans are still stuck on the "I need to change oil every 3000 miles". If they put out a 16,000 mile interval people here would stroke out!
Sponsored

Last edited: