Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

? this from the big-time Line-Jumper w No Reservation . . Order placed January '21 via MAS . . . Build-date June '21 ?
Which no one begrudges you. Military preference is fine
I have to defend @mpeugeot here. "Line jumper" implies that he actively did something to cut in line. All he did was accept the build date that Ford assigned to him (and his subsequent treatment from Ford has been less than stellar). He has expressed that this is unfair, but it's not like he consciously gamed the system. [I wouldn't even consider people who change their order or their dealership to get Broncos sooner to be "line jumpers", since it's not like they are doing something immoral or unavailable to others... but they would be closer to fitting the bill than mpeugeot.]

I am an October '20 reservation and I believe that similar builds from July, August, and September '20 ought to be built before mine. But if Ford calls my number on Thursday due to their incredibly convoluted system, I'm not going to write a letter to Ford insisting that they pass my reservation on to someone more deserving.

I want everyone to get their Broncos as soon as possible. If I don't approve of the order they are being distributed, that's on Ford for having a ridiculous system, not on the people who happen to win the Bronco lottery. Whatever beefs we have, it shouldn't be with other Bronco customers.
Sponsored

CM53119

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Mustang GT Vert, '19 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is all I get when I put in my Res number
Ford Bronco [SCHEDULING NOW 12/16] ⏱ 2022 Bronco Scheduling Next Week (12/13) For Build Weeks 2/14 and 2/21 Screenshot_20211212-155654_Chrome
if you aren’t logged into your Ford account it will do that. Once you login it should show, as it’s assigned to your online reservation. Hope this helps!

fordtrck302

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Bronco, 1990 Bronco 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you aren’t logged into your Ford account it will do that. Once you login it should show, as it’s assigned to your online reservation. Hope this helps!
That's what I get when I an logged in. No faith in Fords online system

CM53119

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Mustang GT Vert, '19 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what I get when I an logged in. No faith in Fords online system
Ah crap. You added your order number after the “=“? That’s what I did and it seemed to work now, but it shows the wrong MSRP and “null” next to most things. Lol. Didn’t say that last week!

Sponsored

Hyfly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is that the same as the order number? I cannot get in to the web site.
No. Order number is different from my understanding.

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So build date was 12/20, and then it moved to 12/27, 1/3 and now 1/10. All within 4 days. lol

gleslie76

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I took off tow sat. Probably won't help, but will see

Sponsored

Choispics

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PP2 & 2021 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Dystinct

Outer Banks
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Day 2 4 Door BL/SAS/LUX/MIC/Tow guy here. I'm sure there's a ton of threads arguing this but just wanted the facts-- what is the difference between removing the tow and keeping the tow.

In my experience a Factory installed tow is better because of in-factory modifications that are (tuning, in some cases) that are important, plus hard mounting points vice bolt-on style. I am looking at towing a teardrop trailer and thought this would be a must.

Is that not the case?

Thanks

utah.bronco.badlands

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Day 2 4 Door BL/SAS/LUX/MIC/Tow guy here. I'm sure there's a ton of threads arguing this but just wanted the facts-- what is the difference between removing the tow and keeping the tow.

In my experience a Factory installed tow is better because of in-factory modifications that are (tuning, in some cases) that are important, plus hard mounting points vice bolt-on style. I am looking at towing a teardrop trailer and thought this would be a must.

Is that not the case?

Thanks
Hi! The primary benefit of the factory-installed option is that the wiring harness comes with both a 7-pin and 4-pin connector. Using Ford parts after the factory only gets you a 4-pin connector.

There is no tuning difference, suspension difference, or frame difference when the factory tow package is removed - in fact, the tow hitch bolt holes in the rear frame cross member still exist, making it quite easy to install a factory-style (or Ford part) hitch after the fact.

Dystinct

Outer Banks
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi! The primary benefit of the factory-installed option is that the wiring harness comes with both a 7-pin and 4-pin connector. Using Ford parts after the factory only gets you a 4-pin connector.

There is no tuning difference, suspension difference, or frame difference when the factory tow package is removed - in fact, the tow hitch bolt holes in the rear frame cross member still exist, making it quite easy to install a factory-style (or Ford part) hitch after the fact.
Apologies... Super noob on towing stuff... So the 7 pin allows for trailer braking capability, essentially? If so, will having only a 4 pin limit my options for a teardrop trailer selection/type/weight?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Is that not the case?

Thanks
Will your trailer have electric brakes? If so you need the factory tow.

If not the four pin connector kit and accessory hitch will work fine for you. (The actual hitch bolts on the same way / is the same.)

Apologies... Super noob on towing stuff... So the 7 pin allows for trailer braking capability, essentially? If so, will having only a 4 pin limit my options for a teardrop trailer selection/type/weight?
Varies by state, but if your trailer is over say 2000lbs and up close to the 3500lb limit you likely will need electric or surge brakes. So I would stick with the 7 pin to keep your options open.
Sponsored

Last edited: