Sponsored

Schomp Ford in Aurora Colorado now charging ADM on previously placed custom orders.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company what is your official response? Oh wait you only comment on random happy posts and minor glitches like my butt warmer won't get butt to a warm 91.4 degree temperature.
Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First of all, I'm really sorry this happened to you. I'm in Fort Collins, 7/15 reservation. I called most of the dealers in CO back in 2020 to see if I could get any to commit in writing to MSRP. None of them would at that time so I moved my res from a local dealer to Granger to get the $1300 under invoice deal. My fear was exactly what is happening to you.

Did you discuss price with Schomp at any point? Do you have any email or paper trails of any of that? If not, then I'm afraid you don't have much recourse besides what you outlined- Making a stink on social media and hope it rocks the boat enough to get a response. If you do decide to not take deliver with the ADM I would probably also go scorched earth and blast Schomp on every social media platform you have, as well as leave negative reviews online. I'm sure you are correct that they will mark it up even more if you don't take it.

Good luck, I wish you the best and hope you are able to find a solution either with ford or your dealership- no matter how unlikely that may be.
Interesting. Castle Rock and Freeway were both committed to MSRP early on and Freeway held their end up.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
even if you have something signed by the owner (and it would likely bind you to buying it as much as them selling it), if they breech a contract, you would have to sue and prove damages. What damages do you have by not being able to buy a car at a certain price? There is no VIN, so you cannot bind to a certain item. There is nothing you can realistically do and the dealers know it. If you threaten to sue, dollars to donuts, they laugh in your face.
Wrong. But feel free to show me where someone had a signed purchase agreement got an added ADM.

I shopped Colorado dealers BEFORE i made my reservation on 7/15...could not find one what would agree to a price...so I kept shopping until I found a dealer out of state, in Missouri. Bought for Invoice with no dealer fees. Picked it up a couple of weeks ago and paid exactly what we agreed on purchase agreement we signed. You don't need a VIN to sign a purchase agreement...i know that because I signed a purchase agreement without one.

That being said...we all gotta do what we feel is in our best interest with the knowledge that we have. Not a chance I was buying a $50k vehicle without an agreement when reserving/ordering.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrong. But feel free to show me where someone had a signed purchase agreement got an added ADM.

I shopped Colorado dealers BEFORE i made my reservation on 7/15...could not find one what would agree to a price...so I kept shopping until I found a dealer out of state, in Missouri. Bought for Invoice with no dealer fees. Picked it up a couple of weeks ago and paid exactly what we agreed on purchase agreement we signed. You don't need a VIN to sign a purchase agreement...i know that because I signed a purchase agreement without one.

That being said...we all gotta do what we feel is in our best interest with the knowledge that we have. Not a chance I was buying a $50k vehicle without an agreement when reserving/ordering.
Dang. I must have gotten lucky. Dealer agreed to MSRP, total even came in less than what was signed on MSRP. With a CO dealer.

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi Min,
Can you DM me with the salesman’s/GMs name. Id like to speak with them how I manipulated the system.
thanks!
Have you purchased a bronco previously at this dealer for MSRP?

Not saying that the sales manager is correct or honest in this situation, but he sort of has a point. If they are selling to people at MSRP only for them to immediately turn around and flip it, while others have been waiting 1+ plus year, why would they continue to sell to the flipper at MSRP.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Schomp? Really? Interesting. Considering they advertise the “no haggle” bullshit. They took over for Mike Naughton ford. I originally had my reservation there and got back crickets on pricing. Glad I switched to Granger.
I’d ask them what happened to their one price guarantee? Tweet Levine and Farley now, get the party started.

Ford Bronco Schomp Ford in Aurora Colorado now charging ADM on previously placed custom orders. 0B681A40-AED4-4BB6-9707-B299E0F8C351

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry about the bad news, I hope it gets corrected.

I dealt with schomp in the past when I used to live in Denver, nothing but bad things to say.

for What it’s worth, Phil Long was great to work with.

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup. Could have told you every single one of the Colorado dealers were garbage scumbags. There are over 100 of us from Colorado buying from Granger just because of this reason.

We've shopped every single dealer in the state and not a single one would commit to MSRP in writing.

Good luck OP.

Last edited:

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
@NotaJeep
After referencing this thread with my salesman, GSM reached out to me via email with the following mesage:

Hi Min,

(name), General Sales Manager reaching out. You are locked in at MSRP with a signed buyers order- please do not worry. We've elected to only mark up vehicles for clients who have tried to purchase multiple vehicles from us when they have flipped their purchases and resold them taking advantage of our MSRP and contributing to the market adjustment pricing problem.

We see it as unfair to the Bronco community when we have over 500 clients who have been waiting for a Bronco for almost 2 years who have yet to receive their order when other clients have manipulated the ordering process to receive multiple Broncos to resell for personal financial gain.

We look forward to maintaining our business relationship with you and look forward to the arrival of your custom Bronco!
If this is resolved you might want to update the title and the 1st post. Many of the later comments don't seem to know that. People may start hammering your dealership with negative reviews which could complicate things..

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi Min,
Can you DM me with the salesman’s/GMs name. Id like to speak with them how I manipulated the system.
thanks!
How many Broncos have you purchased from them and flipped?

Sponsored

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So did the OP place multiple reservations…..take delivery and then flip them? Then come in here asking for sympathy?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2013 F150, 1979 Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi Min,
thanks!
We would also like to hear how you manipulated the system.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would be shocked if a $5000 ADM is enough for Ford to care. Good luck getting them to do anything different. My guess is they've validated that they can slip that by the banks for valuation, so they are going with it.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you check the OP’s post history he already has a First Edition and his wife has a Badlands. Now he has a Black Diamond order soon to come in.

I think OP is leaving some important details out…

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you check the OP’s post history he already has a First Edition and his wife has a Badlands. Now he has a Black Diamond order soon to come in.

I think OP is leaving some important details out…
It’s for his kid, or cat .

but maybe it doesn’t matter. I dunno
Sponsored