First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok I’m confused. Are the optional (NON SASQUATCH) Badlands wheels actually bead lock capable? My build and price is NOT showing that they are. Here’s my screen:
Ford Bronco School me on the optional Badlands Beadlock wheels 59B88389-9BD3-46E7-8741-2361AC94E9D1

The optional wheels on the right in question are not indicated as bead lock capable as in the OP’s screenshot.

I also just tried clearing my cache to make sure that’s not it.
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dumb question, can you just go without the beauty ring?
mom not a fan of the light rings on Sasquatch
technically, yes you can drive without the beauty ring but it will look Fugly as there are 24 screw holes underneath which are now seen when running without the standard beauty ring (which covers all these holes). See pic below showing the actual Ford beadlock ring on a 2021 Bronco and imagine those exposed holes being seen if your driving around without the beauty ring covering them up....

Ford Bronco School me on the optional Badlands Beadlock wheels CF90D7F1-EC5D-4B77-A91A-3BE3EB49390B

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the moment I'm planning on a non-sas BL

I'm planning on the std alum wheels, but looking at the optional beadlock capable wheels would it be silly to not get them for +$700 (CAD)?
I like the looks of both, and would stick with the std AT tire

this would be my daily driver, total noob to offroading
I am planning on light to moderate trails and occasional light overlanding

my driving is mix of city/hwy and every weekend I'm out at the pew pew range with gravel roads/heavy snow in the winter
Consider those wheels a cosmetic add-on for your usage. They have no benefit, even off-road, for what you will be doing.

That said, if you aren't a fan of the standard wheels for the Badlands, consider getting the beadlock-capable wheels and buying an after-market set you like and then selling the factory wheels for a profit. ? It looks like the B&P geniuses calculated the USD->CAD exchange backward.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if one of the rockstars got the US to Canadian conversion backwards!

$995 Canadian works out to a little over $700 US...

?

(Seriously. Im calling dibs on this theory)
Ah, I see you beat me to it. I cede my theory over to you. ?

OP
OP
talbot

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Consider those wheels a cosmetic add-on for your usage. They have no benefit, even off-road, for what you will be doing.

That said, if you aren't a fan of the standard wheels for the Badlands, consider getting the beadlock-capable wheels and buying an after-market set you like and then selling the factory wheels for a profit. ? It looks like the B&P geniuses calculated the USD->CAD exchange backward.
:ROFLMAO:

though now I'm starting to question the CAD pricing as a whole....?

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok I’m confused. Are the optional (NON SASQUATCH) Badlands wheels actually bead lock capable? My build and price is NOT showing that they are. Here’s my screen:
59B88389-9BD3-46E7-8741-2361AC94E9D1.png

The optional wheels on the right in question are not indicated as bead lock capable as in the OP’s screenshot.

I also just tried clearing my cache to make sure that’s not it.
Yes, the optional wheels are beadlock-capable. Note that they have a different offset, and are narrower than the Sasquatch wheels.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is not the forged beadlock-capable wheel that is pictured... probably a mistake. It looks like the cast fake-beadlock wheel. So the difference primarily cosmetic.
Not sure what you are talking about. The Badlands optional upgrade wheel is described, by Ford, as "17-inch black high-gloss-painted forged aluminum carbonized beauty ring, beadlock-capable"

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, the optional wheels are beadlock-capable. Note that they have a different offset, and are narrower than the Sasquatch wheels. And they're not forged.
Can you cite a source that indicates that the BL upgrade wheels are not forged?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly not sure where I saw that. But I just checked the Ford site and it looks like they are. Fixed my post.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly not sure where I saw that. But I just checked the Ford site and it looks like they are. Fixed my post.
Haha. Well, you've still got me second guessing. Ford's Preliminary Specifications PDF seemed to be pretty clear that they're forged, but that is "preliminary", and we know that things tend to change here in the world of Bronco. No worries... I'm sure that Ford will tell us after the ordering window has closed.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Only circumstantial evidence. The stamps on the inside of both the Badlands rim and the Sasquatch rim show a company that is known for and advertises their cast aluminum wheels.

Now, the pre-production Broncos running around could be rolling on cast knock-offs of the real rims. Or the company indicated does do forged aluminum but doesn't mention it anywhere on their site. ?‍♂

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if one of the rockstars got the US to Canadian conversion backwards!

$995 Canadian works out to a little over $700 US...

?

(Seriously. Im calling dibs on this theory)
Anyone who has ordered, do you know if the B&P presented price of $995 for the optional Badlands wheels is correct? I like the theory above. Thanks!

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One additional consideration not mentioned, the beauty rings will protect the rims from damage by rocks, curbs, etc. I'd imagine that the beauty rings will be an available dealer part or from the secondary market as take-offs when people install the Bead-lock rings.

The beauty rings should be allot cheaper than purchasing a whole rim, just a thought..

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One additional consideration not mentioned, the beauty rings will protect the rims from damage by rocks, curbs, etc. I'd imagine that the beauty rings will be an available dealer part or from the secondary market as take-offs when people install the Bead-lock rings.

The beauty rings should be allot cheaper than purchasing a whole rim, just a thought..
There’s a few colors of beauty rings listed in the recently released accessory list.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There’s a few colors of beauty rings listed in the recently released accessory list.
Missed those, what was the price and was there a pic?
Sponsored