First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you get beadlock CAPABLE wheels - you will look like a POSER doing your daily driving.

+ The fastener heads around the perimeter of a wheel are UGLY - its a trend that should be left in the 2010's. ESPECIALLY when a contrasting color from the rim.

If you want to offroad, to the point you need to deflate - just get some steelies with beadlocks and tires that are actually for this function. The tires that come with the beadlock capable wheels wont doo the job - if you buy the beadlock rings.

you can get a set for $600-$800
Ford Bronco School me on the optional Badlands Beadlock wheels 1612120902098

IMO the Stock "BEADLOCK CAPABLE" wheels are taking the look of the new Cronco in the direction of this dead trend - you dont want to be this guy

Ford Bronco School me on the optional Badlands Beadlock wheels 1612121126512

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you get beadlock CAPABLE wheels - you will look like a POSER doing your daily driving.

+ The fastener heads around the perimeter of a wheel are UGLY - its a trend that should be left in the 2010's. ESPECIALLY when a contrasting color from the rim.

If you want to offroad, to the point you need to deflate - just get some steelies with beadlocks and tires that are actually for this function. The tires that come with the beadlock capable wheels wont doo the job - if you buy the beadlock rings.

you can get a set for $600-$800

IMO the Stock "BEADLOCK CAPABLE" wheels are taking the look of the new Cronco in the direction of this dead trend - you dont want to be this guy

That’s a guy?!?

As far as being a poser, I’m kinda lost on what I’d be posing? It’s the stock wheels on the wild trak so... I have accomplished too much in the car world to be considered a poser of anything.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

At the moment I'm planning on a non-sas BL

I'm planning on the std alum wheels, but looking at the optional beadlock capable wheels would it be silly to not get them for +$700 (CAD)?
I like the looks of both, and would stick with the std AT tire

this would be my daily driver, total noob to offroading
I am planning on light to moderate trails and occasional light overlanding

my driving is mix of city/hwy and every weekend I'm out at the pew pew range with gravel roads/heavy snow in the winter
You don't need them, but they look cool. The beadlock ready functionality is something most of us will never need, but that is cool too.

However, IF you wanted to go to 315/70s in the future, you will either need to replace you wheels with ones with 25mm less offset, or put 25mm wheel spacers on (cheap and easy). Also, if you do replace them, the beadlock ready ones should sell pretty quickly for a decent value vs the standard ones.

Given $700 CAD = $550 USD, and we have to pay $995 for the same exact wheels in the US, it is a really good value for the looks and potential capability.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I put them on my order and prolly get them power coated. At some point I will get a seperate set of 37s for the off road parks.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Beadlock wheels are really heavy so if you don't need them then don't get them. BTW in the Raptor community, most guys have the BL capable wheels BUT very few actually convert them to BL wheels.

And a lot of shops will make you take that beauty ring off when you need new tires

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting- I air down 90% of the time as does everyone I wheel with. At organized events with 1,000's in attendance I'd guess 60% to 70% air down, on more difficult runs that percentage increases. A lot depends upon the type of terrain you are wheeling in, airing down increases the traction (contact area) and makes the ride better (especially on wash-board desert terrain).

I've never seen a tire manufactured specifically for beadlocks. I'm sure some company is marketing them that way, but they are not necessary. While some people do purchase wider tires because the beadlock adds width to the rim mounting surface, it's not necessary unless you started with narrow tires to begin with. To clarify, mounting a tire with a bead lock places the tire outside of the rim, moving the bead about 3/4" to 1".

I can easily air down to 12 -15 psi, without beadlocks. I've gone as low as 10 psi without issue, anything lower and its easy to break a bead.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI only.

Sponsored

ELS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surely this has been discussed already somewhere, but I’m not seeing a thread for it: does anyone know if badland beadlock capable wheels will be able to be purchased separately from the dealer?

I want to put them on OBX with a 33” tire. My dealer is Granger.

Thank you 🙏

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealership will have them available, otherwise you wouldn't be able to replace one damaged in an accident or pot-hole. But, I can't imagine they will be cheap.

You might be better off to find someone to buy a set from that has upgraded their stock BL wheels.
Sponsored

Reactions: ELS