Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am looking for help. I am looking for a good place to connect my amp remote wire. It seems like a lot of places are constant. The rear of the center console 2 out of the 3 were constant. The 110 only powered with the engine running. It is crazy how many things you can still power with the vehicle locked & closed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am looking for help. I am looking for a good place to connect my amp remote wire. It seems like a lot of places are constant. The rear of the center console 2 out of the 3 were constant. The 110 only powered with the engine running. It is crazy how many things you can still power with the vehicle locked & closed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'd like an answer to power my flat tow brake system. Some who have taken delivery have said 12 v outlets shut down after 45 min or so. Have you taken delivery? Can you verify constant?

Worst case I'll have to run from battery or fuse box (behind glove box). Problem with fuse box is verifying no 45 min shutdown.

If I need to go under the hood I like to use the point where the battery feeds the underhood fusebox.

OP
OP

jsvtcobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd like an answer to power my flat tow brake system. Some who have taken delivery have said 12 v outlets shut down after 45 min or so. Have you taken delivery? Can you verify constant?

Worst case I'll have to run from battery or fuse box (behind glove box). Problem with fuse box is verifying no 45 min shutdown.

If I need to go under the hood I like to use the point where the battery feeds the underhood fusebox.
Yes I have taken delivery of my Bronco. Trying to finish up my audio upgrade. I need a location to connect my remote.

I am un aware of the 45min comment. That may very well be the case. They seem like they are constantly powered. The longest I waited was 5-10.

My owners manual was missing on delivery and I just caught it. I believe all the fuses are in the engine bay. There is nothing behind the glove box and kick panels are full.

jay102269

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE GTPE, Big Bend, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes I have taken delivery of my Bronco. Trying to finish up my audio upgrade. I need a location to connect my remote.

I am un aware of the 45min comment. That may very well be the case. They seem like they are constantly powered. The longest I waited was 5-10.

My owners manual was missing on delivery and I just caught it. I believe all the fuses are in the engine bay. There is nothing behind the glove box and kick panels are full.
Some amps have the ability to use the high level signal inputs from the ACM to act as the remote turn on. That's what I used to power "on" my amp.

This thread was very helpful in helping me complete mine:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/base-sound-system-upgrade-build.18480/page-25

The interior fuse box is located behind the panel underneath the steering wheel. I believe there are 6-8 tabs that you have to release to lower that panel.

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My owners manual was missing on delivery and I just caught it.
The owner’s manual is digital only. You access through the screen.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pg 146 of OM alludes that power is constant to 12v outlets. It tells you not to leave thing plugged in overnight. But some have said they are time limited. USB's are key on only according to OM. OM shows two fuse boxes (pg 310-314) one under hood and one in passenger foot well.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having this same issue, using either the ignition or audio system fuses (19 and 32, respectively) as a remote hookup seems to power the amp continuously.

Has anyone had any luck finding a place to wire an amp remote that doesn't involve using the aux switches?

balber

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20222 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
BUMP

bumping this thread and putting my experience. I recently wired in a amp/sub and used a Kicker KISLOC2 line out-converter. The KISLOC2 specifically has a built in remote wire which sends a 12v signal to the amp to turn on.

it’s a little wonky… starting to think this 45 minute shutdown is real. Basically once the Bronco is offf/locked the ampgoes off, then back on and then off again in about 4-10 minutes.

As it seems the audio system still stays alive for sometime after the Bronco is off/locked.

everything works great, but something to note.
Sponsored