Sponsored

Seat Back Net - Anyone replace or repair it yet?

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My issue is kind of minor. I have a Badlands with the orange accents in the interior. However, the passenger seat back has a black elastic cord instead of orange.
I know I could just leave it black, but I thought I would get it replaced under warranty. Simple fix right?

Talked to the dealer and they filed the warranty claim and ordered the part, M2DZ7860762AA. Well it turns out this seems to be the WHOLE seat back insert. The dealer didn't show me the part and I forgot to ask. They said I would need to drop it off because they would need to REMOVE the seat to replace the part because there is a strap on the bottom of the seat back that goes to the front of the seat. (I need to get a mirror under the seat and check that out.)
Seems extreme to replace that little net.

You would think it would be an easier repair because people will break that string and probably the net too. I would think you would just have to pop that trim piece out that holds the "string" and net and just replace the "string" and net. (right side pic) and pop that U shaped trim back in place.
And no I have not tried to pop it out because I know I'll break it. Ha!

I did remove the "Bronco" bolts to see if the panel would pull away from the seat back...it didn't budge.

Any interior part experts out there that might have some input?

Ford Bronco Seat Back Net - Anyone replace or repair it yet? Elastic.JPG
Sponsored

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK if i understand this correctly, you did a warranty claim because you have a black cord/elastic instead of an orange one ? :unsure:

OP
OP
Rlack75

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK if i understand this correctly, you did a warranty claim because you have a black cord/elastic instead of an orange one ? :unsure:
Yep. Why not I paid 50k for the Bronco.
I kind of believe things should be done right.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My issue is kind of minor. I have a Badlands with the orange accents in the interior. However, the passenger seat back has a black elastic cord instead of orange.
I know I could just leave it black, but I thought I would get it replaced under warranty. Simple fix right?

Talked to the dealer and they filed the warranty claim and ordered the part, M2DZ7860762AA. Well it turns out this seems to be the WHOLE seat back insert. The dealer didn't show me the part and I forgot to ask. They said I would need to drop it off because they would need to REMOVE the seat to replace the part because there is a strap on the bottom of the seat back that goes to the front of the seat. (I need to get a mirror under the seat and check that out.)

You would think it would be an easier repair because people will break that string and probably the net too. I would think you would just have to pop that trim piece out that holds the "string" and net and just replace the "string" and net. (right side pic) and pop that U shaped trim back in place.

I did remove the "Bronco" bolts to see if the panel would pull away from the seat back...it didn't budge.

I think the interior part experts said that this seems to be the WHOLE seat back insert and it would have to be taken in; They would need to REMOVE the seat to replace the part because there is a strap on the bottom of the seat back that goes to the front of the seat.

OP
OP
Rlack75

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the interior part experts said that this seems to be the WHOLE seat back insert and it would have to be taken in; They would need to REMOVE the seat to replace the part because there is a strap on the bottom of the seat back that goes to the front of the seat.
I guess you've never seen a dealership make an incorrect diagnosis. If so, I want your dealer.

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess you've never seen a dealership make an incorrect diagnosis. If so, I want your dealer.
No, you’re right. You’re also the first one I’ve seen on the forum with this issue. The dealership would probably have access to an electronic manual that some of us dont. So it’s either you’re asking some forum to remove their seats to verify or take the dealerships word for it

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seats with hard back panel

NOTE:
The following steps are only necessary for seats in 3-Door vehicles.

1. Detach the retainers and pull the front seat backrest panel away from the front seat backrest.
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
    1. Release the front seat backrest panel retainers.
      Use the General Equipment: Interior Trim Remover
    1. Pull the front seat backrest panel away from the front seat backrest.

1. Remove the front seat backrest panel.
    • Pull the front seat backrest panel down and out.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M2DZ-7860762-AA Should be the panel if you have manual seats. $474.42 retail.

Not crapping on the dealer but this is considered misbuilt and would've needed to be caught when the vehicle was delivered to the dealer. This is easy to overlook and we've eaten our fair share of stuff that wasn't caught until it was too late.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rlack75

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M2DZ-7860762-AA Should be the panel if you have manual seats. $474.42 retail.

Not crapping on the dealer but this is considered misbuilt and would've needed to be caught when the vehicle was delivered to the dealer. This is easy to overlook and we've eaten our fair share of stuff that wasn't caught until it was too late.
Thanks Flip. I saw your previous post as well, much appreciated.
I still find it amazing that the whole back needs to be replaced to fix the cord/net.
It appears it would be a much easier task on the door cord/net.

OP
OP
Rlack75

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, you’re right. You’re also the first one I’ve seen on the forum with this issue. The dealership would probably have access to an electronic manual that some of us dont. So it’s either you’re asking some forum to remove their seats to verify or take the dealerships word for it
No I wasn't asking anyone on the forum to remove their seats. I just know there are a LOT of folks on the forum that do a lot of work on cars and have more knowledge than I do.

Let's do a hypothetical.
Let's say the dealer ordered the whole seat back because they thought that was what they had to do to fix the cord/net. Thus ordered the wrong part to fix the problem.
When they possibly could have ordered just the cord/net and popped of the trim piece holding it in place to install the new cord/net.
Not saying that is what happened and not saying they could have just ordered the cord/net.

But what if? Stranger things have happened.

Last edited:

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No I wasn't asking anyone on the forum to remove their seats. I just know there are a LOT of folks on the forum that do a lot of work on cars and have more knowledge than I do.
Following. I hope it’s an easy fix, it would be cool to later change all the accent colors

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Seat Back Net - Anyone replace or repair it yet? Hel
I can believe this..

I took my Ranger in because the interior door handle was peeling. Instead of replacing a $5 dollar plastic part, they replaced the entire interior door. $500 in parts.

Replaced it with the wrong one, too. It was the Lariat shiny plastics instead of the Tremor matte color.

Ford replaces stuff as assemblies instead of individual items. Why? Who knows.

OP
OP
Rlack75

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took some pics of the elastic strap the "Interior Parts Expert" at the dealership said goes from the back of the seat to the front, which requires the "Interior Parts Expert" to remove the seat.

It appears to me it only goes about 3-4 inches under the seat.

Sponsored