Sponsored

SEAT COVERS: CLOTH OVER MARINE GRADE VINYL?

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want to protect bare legs in summer from BD marine grade vinyl stickiness, and protect the seats from sweat. (Memories of riding in my family's '55 Chevy during summers in the midwest and south, when seatbelts were not required because skin wouldn't separate from the seat.) I worry that covers might end up scuffing the vinyl, so will probably need to be lined with something (maybe microfleece, like my rear-seat nylon dog sling). Yes, I appreciate the irony of wanting to protect the surface of a "hoseout" interior. But we get plenty of rain, snow and mud here, too, so there will be 3/4 of the year when the covers will be off. Help me with my Jonesing and save me some research time if already done ... Has anyone found a great aftermarket ready-made product that will accommodate heated seats ? Also, are any airbags mounted in the seats? Are the Carhartt covers good? Covercraft? Other?
Sponsored

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to protect bare legs in summer from BD marine grade vinyl stickiness, and protect the seats from sweat. (Memories of riding in my family's '55 Chevy during summers in the midwest and south, when seatbelts were not required because skin wouldn't separate from the seat.) I worry that covers might end up scuffing the vinyl, so will probably need to be lined with something (maybe microfleece, like my rear-seat nylon dog sling). Yes, I appreciate the irony of wanting to protect the surface of a "hoseout" interior. But we get plenty of rain, snow and mud here, too, so there will be 3/4 of the year when the covers will be off. Help me with my Jonesing and save me some research time if already done ... Has anyone found a great aftermarket ready-made product that will accommodate heated seats ? Also, are any airbags mounted in the seats? Are the Carhartt covers good? Covercraft? Other?
Speaking from experience, Carhartt seat covers are 10/10. I use a removable bench seat cover for the back seats in my pickup, and it's very easy to inatall and remove (2 buckles and two optional elastic straps that grab the side of your seat bottoms).

This way I can have my dog climb in all muddy without concern for the leatherette underneath, and quickly remove the seat cover when I want to have company ride along. Best of both worlds for $99.

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1337457-carhartt-coverall-bench-seat-cover.html

I'll be buying another for the Bronco.

One thing to keep in mind with this particular option, however, is that it will flap around in the wind if you have your top down and you don't tuck some of the material in the seat crevice between the seat cushion and seat back. Learned this the hard way using it in my Jeep when I looked in the rear view and saw a dog taco.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bought the water proof ones for both our bronco and bronco sport. Great for dogs and easier to clean up and about 100 bucks cheaper than the carhart.

D143B2F1-7996-4844-8518-149471257573.jpeg

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just say no. Boat seats aren't hot. Our why didn't you just get cloth?

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going with the gray Carhartt covers on my Badlands. At the Vegas Off-Rodeo on a 72 degree day the Black Diamond MGV seats were comfortable and we didn’t sweat but on a 95 to 100 degree Northern NV day the MGV seats will be hotter than the light blue/gray seats on my Ranger boat and even with mesh fabric mixed in those boats seats are mighty hot on a sunny day and require a beach towel to prevent a burnt keister.

No worries about the Carhartt fabric scuffing the seats. If it did so would my jeans.

Sponsored

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Marine Grade Vinyl can be hosed down, and cloth isn't an option on several models.

OP
OP
CowboyKid

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bought the water proof ones for both our bronco and bronco sport. Great for dogs and easier to clean up and about 100 bucks cheaper than the carhart.

Ford Bronco SEAT COVERS: CLOTH OVER MARINE GRADE VINYL? D143B2F1-7996-4844-8518-149471257573
DAWGS! I like the sling for our dog. It keeps her from jamming herself down in the footwell.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would definitely say it doesn't get as hot as leather for sure. They do hold way more heat than the cloth does. I had the top off in 90ish degree weather and they were tolerable. I need some of our 110 degree days to see how they perform then, but even cloth is hot on those days.

Pixel R

Outer Banks
First Name
Pixel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tacoma 2016
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco SEAT COVERS: CLOTH OVER MARINE GRADE VINYL? D143B2F1-7996-4844-8518-149471257573
From where you get this cover, if i may ask? Thanks!

Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do these cover the carpet on the back of the seats too?

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I
From where you get this cover, if i may ask? Thanks!
I too would like to know, look nice. Those the FOMOCO part # ones?
Sponsored