First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have not had the opportunity to drive the bronco yet. My question is, do the trail sights-or whatever they are called that are located on the left and right sides of the hood assist in your awareness of the bronco's width while driving? It sounds like some folks have a hard time knowing how much space they have or how far their fenders/front quarter panels extend.
A bit! at least imo. Coming from a JK wrangler it feels bigger and higher up, for sure. I believe this may come from the hood being flatter and doesn't taper off and down like a Jeep. The trail sights are cool and helped me to know where the corners of the vehicle END, as far as width it kinda helped with the passenger side, the driver's side is obviously a bit easier to gage.

It remains to be seen how it feels with the SAS (I drove a badlands but ordered a BB SAS) but having only drove it one time it feels bigger on the inside than it actually is on the outside.

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm 5' tall and concerned about front visibility. Will be test driving a Bronco tomorrow. Being able to see the hood is kinda important.
I’m 5’1 and had no issues with front visibility when I test drove an OBX. The hood is pretty wide but the seats raise up high enough to give more than enough visibility imo. I actually had to lower the seat some initially. Hope you enjoy your test drive!!

USBDLNDS123

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not had the opportunity to drive the bronco yet. My question is, do the trail sights-or whatever they are called that are located on the left and right sides of the hood assist in your awareness of the bronco's width while driving? It sounds like some folks have a hard time knowing how much space they have or how far their fenders/front quarter panels extend.
I just returned from the off-rodeo and found the trail sites helpful to gauge approximately where your outside edges are. The cameras on the 12 inch screen also helped in addition to the mirrors.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m 5’1 and had no issues with front visibility when I test drove an OBX. The hood is pretty wide but the seats raise up high enough to give more than enough visibility imo. I actually had to lower the seat some initially. Hope you enjoy your test drive!!
I'm 5'4" and didn't have issues with the automatic seats. And tested the manuals awhile back and had no issues

Sponsored

USBDLNDS123

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A bit! at least imo. Coming from a JK wrangler it feels bigger and higher up, for sure. I believe this may come from the hood being flatter and doesn't taper off and down like a Jeep. The trail sights are cool and helped me to know where the corners of the vehicle END, as far as width it kinda helped with the passenger side, the driver's side is obviously a bit easier to gage.

It remains to be seen how it feels with the SAS (I drove a badlands but ordered a BB SAS) but having only drove it one time it feels bigger on the inside than it actually is on the outside.
I would definitely agree with the bronco feeling bigger on the trail than it actually is. Took some adjustments but had a great time driving this at the bronco off rodeo

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am a little concerned about the seating position and leg room to steering wheel position. I am 6', all legs. So in most vehicles I can get the seat back far enough although I am too far from the steering wheel. I need a lot of telescoping in the steering. For example I do not fit in Toyota Tacoma- too far from the steering wheel even fully telescoped out. Granted it only has like 1" of telescoping.

On the Bronco did the wheel telescope enough, or were the seats able to be raised at all with a lever?

My current 2019 Silverado Base truck I did not fit very well at all when I first got it. It does not have telescoping steering and I sat way too low and could not see over the hood very well. Was a fairly easy remedy- I fabricated spacers and had to trial and error different sizes front and rear to get ideal seating position- height and also so that my legs were comfortable and I was not too far from the steering wheel. It took at least 5 trys. The ideal combination end being 1" spacers in the front made out of square tubing and 3/8" round spacers for the back of the seat. Perfect in all aspects now.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
@RhodeIslandRed

"Ground clearance on the sasquatch wasn't enough for me. No tape measure; just looking under the front end. I'll be lifting my non-sas Badlands and 35s on day 1."

Question: How exactly does a lift increase ground clearance?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RhodeIslandRed

"Ground clearance on the sasquatch wasn't enough for me. No tape measure; just looking under the front end. I'll be lifting my non-sas Badlands and 35s on day 1."

Question: How exactly does a lift increase ground clearance?
Depends on where you measure and what you value...

On the IFS a lift will increase clearance on everything except for the lower control arms/steering and suspension components.

On a SFA/SRA it will increase clearance on the underside of the body but not the axle or other suspension components...

So if you're measuring the "vehicle clearance" it works better on the IFS then a solid axle... but even on a solid axle, it raises clearance on everything but the axle, which is nice because all you have to worry about clearing is the in line with the wheels, so you just put the wheel over the obstacle and then you'll be okay.

But I get the point you were making. ;)

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends on where you measure and what you value...

On the IFS a lift will increase clearance on everything except for the lower control arms/steering and suspension components.

On a SFA/SRA it will increase clearance on the underside of the body but not the axle or other suspension components...

So if you're measuring the "vehicle clearance" it works better on the IFS then a solid axle... but even on a solid axle, it raises clearance on everything but the axle, which is nice because all you have to worry about clearing is the in line with the wheels, so you just put the wheel over the obstacle and then you'll be okay.

But I get the point you were making. ;)
I get some stuff will be raised, but technically it doesn't increase ground clearance, i.e. how high a curb can you drive over without touching. I've done a decent amount of off roading in the day and never had anything bigger than 32" tires. Call me crazy, but the 35s on the Sasquatch will be plenty for me. :)

BlackBeauty

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agreed with the Defender to Bronco switch as I am in the same situation.

I arrived at one of the Bronco events at a dealership and sat in one for the first time and felt like I couldn’t see above the steering wheel…I’m 6’1”
Thankfully I found a handle on the seat (lower section by the door) and pumped it up until my head was sticking out of the top like a giraffe, problem averted!!
I still subscribe to the Defender forums because I like to read about other peoples misery while I have an extended warranty!!!

OP
OP
RhodeIslandRed

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agreed with the Defender to Bronco switch as I am in the same situation.

I arrived at one of the Bronco events at a dealership and sat in one for the first time and felt like I couldn’t see above the steering wheel…I’m 6’1”
Thankfully I found a handle on the seat (lower section by the door) and pumped it up until my head was sticking out of the top like a giraffe, problem averted!!
I still subscribe to the Defender forums because I like to read about other peoples misery while I have an extended warranty!!!
I forgot to throw that comment in there. As great as the Defender is when it is working, they need way too many repairs to be sustainable for me any more. I also am looking forward to a warranty and hopefully something more dependable. It can't possibly be worse in that category.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If this was truly a Big Bend then it only had the 8" screen, as High Package isn't available on anything below an OBX.
Exactly, now I'm wondering if OP got the screen size wrong or was driving an OBX or something hah
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.