Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

interface on 12" screen: weak (compared to 2021 Sienna)
Interested in what was weak for you. This is what I could find on the 2021 Sienna. Are you more old school and like the physical buttons on the side? Did something confuse you in the SYNC interface?

Once someone enables Apple Car Play or Android Auto it is literally the same experience across the board.

With physical buttons on the sides of your screen you are limiting yourself to future software enhancements.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not raise the seat. It had a manual bar to move forward/back and I didn't notice or think about raising it. That might have helped.
I think it may have. When you raise the seat it not only goes up but it also cantilevers forward a bit as well.

I'm 5'8" and found that the highest position was much too high for me. I was definitely somewhere in the middle.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think most of the complaints about power are more about the off the line speed. It’s sluggish off the line when you try to get on it. 2.7 has plenty of power it’s just tuned weird, or the transmission is.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm 6'1' and drove one for the first time the other night. I actually found it very comfortable and felt like I sat very upright as well as high up. Higher than any jeep I've ever been it, felt more like a big Ford truck, which I guess make sense all things considered.
I have not had the opportunity to drive the bronco yet. My question is, do the trail sights-or whatever they are called that are located on the left and right sides of the hood assist in your awareness of the bronco's width while driving? It sounds like some folks have a hard time knowing how much space they have or how far their fenders/front quarter panels extend.

Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Test drove a Big Bend Sas yesterday at my local dealer. Disappointed for a few reasons.

Some of the stuff has been beat to death, but I'll list anyway, because I noticed.
sound system: sucks
Driveability: 10/10
Off-road capabilities: N/A

Ground clearance on the sasquatch wasn't enough for me. No tape measure; just looking under the front end. I'll be lifting my non-sas Badlands and 35s on day 1.

The steps were nice. I'll need a slider/step solution.

But here was my big takeaway and I don't know how many people this applies to or that can relate. The driver position and the visibility are kinda gross. It is a lot like a car. It feels a lot more like my mdx than my f250. And maybe that is by design. Maybe that's what the original was like. I don't know/remember.

I know this is a Jeep-killer and maybe this is what it's like in the Jeep. I'm coming from Defenders (not the new monstrosity) and I am used to sitting upright and seeing everything, everywhere. In the bronco, you are somewhat reclined and your legs are out in front of you. Your seated position is low and the windows are short. It doesn't feel like cockpit I'm used to being in when on-trail.

I didn't get to wheel this thing off-raod (obviously), but that might alleviate a lot of concern. It is funny, my wife is more fired up after driving it and I am way less.

Other notes:
This rig was carbonized gray and that color was blah. -sorry, carbonized gray fans.

This was the 2.7 with 10AT. I'm getting a 2.3 with 7MT so I didn't pay too much attention to the power output. But for the people complaining that this is weak, I didn't find that at all. This had tons of pep. Drops down 3 gears in an instant and accelerates a lot faster than expected. Power seems great.

Doors-off, roof-off open air is the best I have ever seen. My wife loved this thing more than anything I can remember in recent history, and she's not a car nut. She's been driving a minivan for 18 years. But come to think of it, when I met her, she had a wrangler with no doors and a bikini top. -I'm a bad husband.

Maybe a 2.5" lift, tires, roof off and on trail and I'll have a better experience. Right now, I know it's great on the road, but I don't care about that.

Confused, its a big bend sas but also has the 12" screen?

Ice_GopherFC

Black Diamond
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an 05 Ranger; 95 Dakota; 2017 Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Test drove a Big Bend Sas yesterday at my local dealer. Disappointed for a few reasons.

If this was truly a Big Bend then it only had the 8" screen, as High Package isn't available on anything below an OBX.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Some of the stuff has been beat to death, but I'll list anyway, because I noticed.

Ground clearance on the sasquatch wasn't enough for me. No tape measure; just looking under the front end. I'll be lifting my non-sas Badlands and 35s on day 1.

But here was my big takeaway and I don't know how many people this applies to or that can relate. The driver position and the visibility are kinda gross. It is a lot like a car. It feels a lot more like my mdx than my f250. And maybe that is by design. Maybe that's what the original was like. I don't know/remember.

I know this is a Jeep-killer and maybe this is what it's like in the Jeep. I'm coming from Defenders (not the new monstrosity) and I am used to sitting upright and seeing everything, everywhere. In the bronco, you are somewhat reclined and your legs are out in front of you. Your seated position is low and the windows are short. It doesn't feel like cockpit I'm used to being in when on-trail.

I didn't get to wheel this thing off-raod (obviously), but that might alleviate a lot of concern. It is funny, my wife is more fired up after driving it and I am way less.

Other notes:
This rig was carbonized gray and that color was blah. -sorry, carbonized gray fans.

This was the 2.7 with 10AT. I'm getting a 2.3 with 7MT so I didn't pay too much attention to the power output. But for the people complaining that this is weak, I didn't find that at all. This had tons of pep. Drops down 3 gears in an instant and accelerates a lot faster than expected. Power seems great.

Doors-off, roof-off open air is the best I have ever seen. My wife loved this thing more than anything I can remember in recent history, and she's not a car nut. She's been driving a minivan for 18 years. But come to think of it, when I met her, she had a wrangler with no doors and a bikini top. -I'm a bad husband.

Maybe a 2.5" lift, tires, roof off and on trail and I'll have a better experience. Right now, I know it's great on the road, but I don't care about that.
Can you get the 12" on a BB?

Sponsored

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm 5' tall and concerned about front visibility. Will be test driving a Bronco tomorrow. Being able to see the hood is kinda important.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Complain about ground clearance of the SAS (on 35's) then claims raising non SAS to 35's is acceptable? Or maybe I read into that wrong.

GC is more a function of tire size than anything and with IFS front / straight rear the GC on this will be damn near same as any vehicle on equal size tires.

to each their own on personal preference issues, but I don't see your issues with GC as one with substance.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Typical…….actual 8”, passing it off as 12”.

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Other notes:

Having been to Off Roadeo driving a Badlands Non-Squatch I can tell you the ground clearance is plenty. The seating positions are almost infinite (up/down, back/forth). I'm an inch shorter than you and it was very very roomy. All The cameras are absolutely insane in this thing. If you ever need a better view its a simple tap on the touch screen. I was very concerned with blind spots as i used to drive a FJ, the Bronco had no issues.

The sound system is just okay, but we're not buying this thing for the stereo, that can easily be fixed.

The guy asking about the Trail Sights on the hood, those tell you where the inside sidewall of your tire is tracking on a Badlands (Non Squatch).

This isnt supposed to be a luxury vehicle. I'm happy the designers didnt put a bunch of fake wood or carbon fiber stickers in there. If you want the infotainment system to be like a Sienna then maybe youre buying the wrong rig.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.