ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

But here was my big takeaway and I don't know how many people this applies to or that can relate. The driver position and the visibility are kinda gross. It is a lot like a car. It feels a lot more like my mdx than my f250. And maybe that is by design. Maybe that's what the original was like. I don't know/remember.
I don't understand this paragraph. 🤷

whitmack1

Outer Banks
First Name
Whit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Sahara JKU / '18 4Runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Test drove a Big Bend Sas yesterday at my local dealer. Disappointed for a few reasons.

Some of the stuff has been beat to death, but I'll list anyway, because I noticed.
sound system: sucks
interface on 12" screen: weak (compared to 2021 Sienna)
Driveability: 10/10
Off-road capabilities: N/A

Ground clearance on the sasquatch wasn't enough for me. No tape measure; just looking under the front end. I'll be lifting my non-sas Badlands and 35s on day 1.

The steps were nice. I'll need a slider/step solution.

But here was my big takeaway and I don't know how many people this applies to or that can relate. The driver position and the visibility are kinda gross. It is a lot like a car. It feels a lot more like my mdx than my f250. And maybe that is by design. Maybe that's what the original was like. I don't know/remember.

I know this is a Jeep-killer and maybe this is what it's like in the Jeep. I'm coming from Defenders (not the new monstrosity) and I am used to sitting upright and seeing everything, everywhere. In the bronco, you are somewhat reclined and your legs are out in front of you. Your seated position is low and the windows are short. It doesn't feel like cockpit I'm used to being in when on-trail.

I didn't get to wheel this thing off-raod (obviously), but that might alleviate a lot of concern. It is funny, my wife is more fired up after driving it and I am way less.

Other notes:
This rig was carbonized gray and that color was blah. -sorry, carbonized gray fans.

This was the 2.7 with 10AT. I'm getting a 2.3 with 7MT so I didn't pay too much attention to the power output. But for the people complaining that this is weak, I didn't find that at all. This had tons of pep. Drops down 3 gears in an instant and accelerates a lot faster than expected. Power seems great.

Doors-off, roof-off open air is the best I have ever seen. My wife loved this thing more than anything I can remember in recent history, and she's not a car nut. She's been driving a minivan for 18 years. But come to think of it, when I met her, she had a wrangler with no doors and a bikini top. -I'm a bad husband.

Maybe a 2.5" lift, tires, roof off and on trail and I'll have a better experience. Right now, I know it's great on the road, but I don't care about that.
If you are coming from an older defender, everything you sit in is going to be awkward to you. I drove an older discovery for 12 years and there isn’t anything that has the same driver positioning.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Test drove a Big Bend Sas yesterday at my local dealer. Disappointed for a few reasons.

Some of the stuff has been beat to death, but I'll list anyway, because I noticed.

Ground clearance on the sasquatch wasn't enough for me. No tape measure; just looking under the front end. I'll be lifting my non-sas Badlands and 35s on day 1.

I know this is a Jeep-killer and maybe this is what it's like in the Jeep. I'm coming from Defenders (not the new monstrosity) and I am used to sitting upright and seeing everything, everywhere. In the bronco, you are somewhat reclined and your legs are out in front of you. Your seated position is low and the windows are short. It doesn't feel like cockpit I'm used to being in when on-trail.

I didn't get to wheel this thing off-raod (obviously), but that might alleviate a lot of concern. It is funny, my wife is more fired up after driving it and I am way less.

Other notes:
This rig was carbonized gray and that color was blah. -sorry, carbonized gray fans.

This was the 2.7 with 10AT. I'm getting a 2.3 with 7MT so I didn't pay too much attention to the power output. But for the people complaining that this is weak, I didn't find that at all. This had tons of pep. Drops down 3 gears in an instant and accelerates a lot faster than expected. Power seems great.

Doors-off, roof-off open air is the best I have ever seen. My wife loved this thing more than anything I can remember in recent history, and she's not a car nut. She's been driving a minivan for 18 years. But come to think of it, when I met her, she had a wrangler with no doors and a bikini top. -I'm a bad husband.

Maybe a 2.5" lift, tires, roof off and on trail and I'll have a better experience. Right now, I know it's great on the road, but I don't care about that.
Did you test drive the one on the left or right?

fe279754a8e4347e183ffb187e732c6fx.jpg

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nothing yet. Flip flopping between a Badlands or Black Diamond. Waiting until I can find a dealer for an actual test drive and waiting for the hard top fiasco to blow over.
Stitch is
Nothing yet. Flip flopping between a Badlands or Black Diamond. Waiting until I can find a dealer for an actual test drive and waiting for the hard top fiasco to blow over.
You may want to touch base with Lakeland Ford if you are close enough and set up a appointment to drive their Wildtrack.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other notes:

We definitely all have our preferences. To me, the seating and visibility are awesome compared with my Jeep LJ. So far my disappointment is limited to the hardtop and stereo. If you don’t care about the road manners, Jeep may be a cheaper answer?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly. Some of these gripes are utter BS

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not raise the seat. It had a manual bar to move forward/back and I didn't notice or think about raising it. That might have helped.
That pump-style height seat adjustment works fine. I'm 5' 9" and could adjust it to a good position.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Other notes:

WOW, Interesting. Got a call from a Family Friend today and he invited me to come look at a Big Ben SAS 2.3 Auto 2door the Dealership just got in.The First one I've ever seen in person. The Bronco seemed big and awesome and with more ground clearance than I've ever seen in a stock SUV. I drive a 2017 F350 Crew CAB Long bed 6.7, so when I sat in the seat I was surprised on how much room was in the cab and how truck like it felt. What is nice about the Bronco's Driver seat is its height is easily adjustable up or down helping to increase visibility. Loved the cabin controls/knobs and the 12 inch screen was fantastic.
My first Bronco was a Green Gen1 1972 Bronco. This 21 Bronco seemed Bigger, Larger, more ground clearance, roomier cabin and just a sturdier Truck than my stock 72 Gen1.

I waited over a year to see a full sized Bronco and I was not disappointed. To me its the real deal. Looking forward to my delivery. Thank you for your Post. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.