Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FFH, Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi, I just took delivery of a Black Diamond Sasquatch 2-door with standard marine-grade vinyl. Love it, but I anticipate quickly wearing the left seat bolster on the driver's seat, as I slide over it and give it a good rubbing when I exit the vehicle (I suppose the right side bolster on the pax seat, too, but not used as much). Has anyone else had this concern, or implemented a preventative solution? Any thoughts/suggestions?
Ford Bronco Seat Wear Prevention / Protection ? Picture1
Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also curious about this

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had an F150 where the seat bolster foam rolled over and flattened half the seat out. I took it to dealer since I was in warranty, they replaced the foam and fabric seat upholstery. If you see the bolster start to flatten out, you shouldn't have an issue getting the dealer to replace, if you're still in the warranty period.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
1 year wont show but it will eventually. Every truck with vinyl or leather I have had eventually shows wear from sliding out the side.Not sure what else to prevent except not sliding out. A hoyer lift? :)

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lift your butt up getting in and out instead of sliding over it. That's what I've been doing, utilizing the dash grab handle and running boards / side steps.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi, I just took delivery of a Black Diamond Sasquatch 2-door with standard marine-grade vinyl. Love it, but I anticipate quickly wearing the left seat bolster on the driver's seat, as I slide over it and give it a good rubbing when I exit the vehicle (I suppose the right side bolster on the pax seat, too, but not used as much). Has anyone else had this concern, or implemented a preventative solution? Any thoughts/suggestions?
Ford Bronco Seat Wear Prevention / Protection ? Picture1
I've got a easy solution, don't treat your seat like a slide. The bolster will hold up fine if you don't do that.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have side steps? They help a lot.. I'm petite but I still make a conscious effort to not slide in/out of my OBX/cloth seats because It will aid in premature wear & tear.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've always felt you should enjoy your nice new seats, then if they wear put on covers. Rather than covering them and letting the next owner enjoy the nice new seats you paid for.

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1 year wont show but it will eventually. Every truck with vinyl or leather I have had eventually shows wear from sliding out the side.Not sure what else to prevent except not sliding out. A hoyer lift? :)
Liked for the hoyer lift.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've got a easy solution, don't treat your seat like a slide. The bolster will hold up fine if you don't do that.
But I like my mobile playground slide!!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Tricky Dick highly recommends these to protect his seat and prevent "swamp ass."

If you stalk follow his posts regularly, you know that he doesn't like or recommend anything, so when he speaks so proudly of this (and mentions/shares pictures of them in every other post), you know it's going to be good.

I imagine the beads work like a miniature conveyor belt, moving your ass from the seat to glide out of your Bronco.

Ford Bronco Seat Wear Prevention / Protection ? Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 2.35.13 PM

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the same seats and feel the same way you do. After 4800mi I noticed a little edge piece already pulled out from the trim on the side above the height adjuster. I was able to tuck it back in but I have a feeling by the 50k mark its gonna be worn. Once parts get more available Ill probably just get a spare to put in my closet. I plan to do the same with the steering wheel buttons too. They feel like theyre gonna wear out over time.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I use the LYAU(Lift Your A** Up) method and am vigilant to the point that some people refuse to ride in my Bronco and I’m good with that. It’s the main reason I wanted running boards. It’s difficult to do without some sort of step.
Sponsored