Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Motor Co. is recalling the 2021-2023 Bronco vehicles built with the 5-Door body style as the first-row seat belt latch plates may be difficult to access from their stowed position, increasing risk of injury in a crash, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety.

• Dealers will add a sliding clip latch stop to the driver and front passenger seat belts free of charge

May 18, 2023 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 23V358000
Seat Belt Latch Difficult to Access/FMVSS 208
Difficulty accessing the seat belt latches may result in occupants not wearing their seat belts, increasing the risk of injury in a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 23V358000
Manufacturer Ford Motor Company
Components SEAT BELTS
Potential Number of Units Affected 175,550
Summary
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2021-2023 Bronco vehicles built with the 5-Door body style. The first-row seat belt latch plates may be difficult to access from their stowed position. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
Remedy
Dealers will add a sliding clip latch stop to the driver and front passenger seat belts, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed June 30, 2023. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 23C16.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2023/FORD/BRONCO/SUV/4WD#recalls
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So..... uhh......

I don't get it.

What is this for exactly?? Am I being stupid?? This feels like a "the seatbelt is too hard to put on" recall rather than an actual mechanical failure.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Of all the things to issue a recall over. 🤦‍♂️

What's funny is, yeah, I've noticed that when I go to grab the seatbelt, it does get kind of stuck between the seat and the B-pillar and it's a bit of a pain to grab sometimes.

But you know what I've never done? Thought to myself, "Gee, this is hard. Maybe I just won't wear my seatbelt today." You're either going to put it on, or you're not. Gimme a break...

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
so we are rewarding stupidity and laziness with a stupid recall? If someone won't wear a seatbelt just because it can be a little difficult to do then let them fly through the windshield when they crash. Lesson learned

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At least it's not like the 90's, when we had those STUPID door-mounted seatbelts that you had to sliiiiide under like you were limbo dancing, or the tracks over the window frames that could choke you to death with the shoulder belt if you weren't in the right position when you closed the door!

Sponsored

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At least it's not like the 90's, when we had those STUPID door-mounted seatbelts that you had to sliiiiide under like you were limbo dancing, or the tracks over the window frames that could choke you to death with the shoulder belt if you weren't in the right position when you closed the door!
Omg I forgot about those. I can see those coming back since people are now apparently to lazy to put a seatbelt on if it takes more than 1 try.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So..... uhh......

I don't get it.

What is this for exactly?? Am I being stupid?? This feels like a "the seatbelt is too hard to put on" recall rather than an actual mechanical failure.
You got it. That’s pretty much it. :LOL:

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Motor Co. is recalling the 2021-2023 Bronco vehicles built with the 5-Door body style as the first-row seat belt latch plates may be difficult to access from their stowed position, increasing risk of injury in a crash, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety.

• Dealers will add a sliding clip latch stop to the driver and front passenger seat belts free of charge

May 18, 2023 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 23V358000
Seat Belt Latch Difficult to Access/FMVSS 208
Difficulty accessing the seat belt latches may result in occupants not wearing their seat belts, increasing the risk of injury in a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 23V358000
Manufacturer Ford Motor Company
Components SEAT BELTS
Potential Number of Units Affected 175,550
Summary
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2021-2023 Bronco vehicles built with the 5-Door body style. The first-row seat belt latch plates may be difficult to access from their stowed position. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
Remedy
Dealers will add a sliding clip latch stop to the driver and front passenger seat belts, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed June 30, 2023. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 23C16.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2023/FORD/BRONCO/SUV/4WD#recalls
You can't fix stupid nor can you regulate it away.
Ford Bronco Seatbelt Issue Recall + Stop Sale for 2021-2023 Broncos Announced 3ohuPFZCV4slKViXU4

So, can we officially say that two-door owners are smarter? ;)

Ford Bronco Seatbelt Issue Recall + Stop Sale for 2021-2023 Broncos Announced l4FAVUtlplXOhLX20

Last edited:

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can they please issue a recall for those of us that are too lazy to turn the wipers on and off every 90 seconds? :D

And I agree with everybody else - I've never had any issue putting my seatbelt on, and even if I did, it wouldn't stop me from putting it on.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's funny is, yeah, I've noticed that when I go to grab the seatbelt, it does get kind of stuck between the seat and the B-pillar and it's a bit of a pain to grab sometimes.

Ironically, mine isn't included in this recall! (Don't worry, I won't say anything to Ford...) 😜
Sponsored