First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek, Ford Explorer, Cadillac XT6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huh. I wonder if this is why my OBX 4dr has been stuck on “in production” purgatory for the last month? 🤔
I'm also hearing a month "in production", built but still sitting at MAP... Next time I call in, I will ask the rep if it's recall related.. chances are the Bronco reps over the phone may not even know there is a new recall out
Sponsored

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang - was hoping this would replace the latches. Both my drivers front and passenger rear were having trouble staying buckled, which is kinda scary as my kid rides in that seat. Spent some time with a bottle of rubbing alcohol, air compressor and silicone spray to get the latch working correctly on TWO of the 4. Basically, the red push down part was failing to spring back up preventing a proper latch from happening.

These things seem finicky once they get the smallest amount of dirt in them. I was considering taking it to the dealer, but did not want to burn that much effort on what turned out to be a 10-15 min job for each one.

Also used multi-blade feeler gauge to get the front passenger belt to retract properly. Apparently there was some sort of booger in the hanger on the b pillar the belt runs thru.

I'm pretty underwhelmed by the quality of these seatbelts so far. Drove the F-350 for 7 years without one single problem, and it got about the same amount of dirt/dust the bronco does.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So..... uhh......

I don't get it.

What is this for exactly?? Am I being stupid?? This feels like a "the seatbelt is too hard to put on" recall rather than an actual mechanical failure.

It could be a it's too hard to get off should you need to "exit the building" quicker than usual issue.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So in other words the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety inspector couldn't reach the seatbelt.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was some obese "Karen" who couldn't reach it, and (Karens being Karens) made a stink about it.

Applying Occam's Razor here, my guess is it's simply a matter of "regulators gotta regulate." It's what they do; it's what they're paid to do; it's their mindset. "Oh, here's something that I can do something about..." It's a control-freak mentality. Bike lanes make sense, but in Boston the civil engineers are putting rubber-like posts all over the place--like at corners so you're forced to turn from the center of the street, even if there's no bike lane present.

I have skidplates under my Badlands, and love to run over these things.
Ford Bronco Seatbelt Issue Recall + Stop Sale for 2021-2023 Broncos Announced 1685040349915

This is called the regulatory state, the administrative state, the "expert class" (ha!), also the "Swamp," as people advance their careers moving from public to private employment and back, sometimes with stop-overs in academia, political office, or a "think tank."
They think they're smarter than you.
Resist them!

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, c'mon now, there's a perfectly good reason...

I got nuthin.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang - was hoping this would replace the latches. Both my drivers front and passenger rear were having trouble staying buckled, which is kinda scary as my kid rides in that seat. Spent some time with a bottle of rubbing alcohol, air compressor and silicone spray to get the latch working correctly on TWO of the 4. Basically, the red push down part was failing to spring back up preventing a proper latch from happening.

These things seem finicky once they get the smallest amount of dirt in them. I was considering taking it to the dealer, but did not want to burn that much effort on what turned out to be a 10-15 min job for each one.

Also used multi-blade feeler gauge to get the front passenger belt to retract properly. Apparently there was some sort of booger in the hanger on the b pillar the belt runs thru.

I'm pretty underwhelmed by the quality of these seatbelts so far. Drove the F-350 for 7 years without one single problem, and it got about the same amount of dirt/dust the bronco does.
If you can replicate the issue, you need to return to your dealership and start a warranty claim. Seatbelts that don't stay buckled are a safety problem and I assume getting documentation you reported it before it hurts/kills someone will probably force their hand and replace them.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Also, what’s a seabelt? (See title.) Is that something used when foraging deep water? 🙂
I blame Doug. He changed my title. 😁 I fixed it.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This recall reminds me of this video. :LOL:

This is golden. And will live in the infamy on the internet forever.
It may be the ONLY record of our civilization found by some future one.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Seat belt latches hard to access" Seriously!! I have not noticed this, in fact its easier than my two other vehicles. God help us, and we wonder why we can't solve REAL problems...

StrainedCMOS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was more worried that the seatbelt latch plate would scratch up the butter plastic on the B pillar than convincing me to ride rawdog.