Vehicle(s)
2019 30AE Mazda MX-5 / 2022 2Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
067AC1C9-483E-4EBF-9D85-3E122EA71C5E.jpeg

9D5188B1-BEF2-421A-A8E5-943EAD126D63.jpeg
F8A63C44-5656-44B2-8C2D-9FFC1070F28D.jpeg
4025F796-EB9F-46AA-B490-E696955424A5.jpeg

I am also in SWFL. I saved 2 out of 4 our cars from Hurricane Ian storm surge by moving them inland to a storage unit (My Daughters new Mazda CX5 and my Mazda MX5), we lost our Acura MDX and Honda Ridgeline, insurance totaled both. Was planning on selling the MDX when my already built Bronco arrives any day now (ordered my Bronco in January 22). Our lot and home is built up, thought we would possibly/maybe get 1 foot of water in our garage, for worst case scenario, with the forecast the night before. With the MX5 being so low and more at risk of flooding, I moved it, which also meant I could then get my Ridgeline in the garage and out of the wind. Forecast changed quickly the morning of 9/28…closer landfall, much stronger and slower moving, all significantly worse for storm surge. When the water was coming up the driveway, we fled (In our MDX) to friends/neighbor with a newly built 3 story home. Was surreal to see it in person. We got just under 6 feet in our garage, and 9+ feet in the street! Our home is the yellow 2-story in the photos. We only have garage on the first floor, all out living area is on the second floor, so we faired well compared to our single story neighbors who lost everything.

Glad I did not get my Bronco before the storm, but sure could use it now. Just got the insurance check for the totaled vehicles.
Sponsored

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1966 VW Bus, 1999 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Afterwards I asked my wife how much home she thought we could afford back in Iowa 😂. She said we're not moving.

We're out supporting our favorite restaurant in Cape Coral. Outside seating only, and if you don't mind the background of utility vehicles, it's quite beautiful.

Ford Bronco Second Bronco totaled from Hurrican Ian.  What is fair market value: Answer. 4025F796-EB9F-46AA-B490-E696955424A5
Grew up in Naples, still have family there. After a storm those utility trucks are about the most beautiful sight there is for a lot of folks. Glad to see the Cape is looking good.

Matt J.

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘97 4Runner SR5 5sp manual, ‘22 4dr BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What happens to vehicles that are totaled out like that? Junkyard or are they resold as salvaged vehicles?

I live in CA so no experience at all w/ salt water flooding. Just fires and quakes out here...

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 30AE Mazda MX-5 / 2022 2Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

cve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Afterwards I asked my wife how much home she thought we could afford back in Iowa 😂. She said we're not moving.

We're out supporting our favorite restaurant in Cape Coral. Outside seating only, and if you don't mind the background of utility vehicles, it's quite beautiful.

Ford Bronco Second Bronco totaled from Hurrican Ian.  What is fair market value: Answer. 4025F796-EB9F-46AA-B490-E696955424A5
Jungle Bird!

Sponsored

mikkibtune

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition King Ranch, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow - Im so sorry for your losses in Florida. It looks terrible. Every time I fantasize about escaping the deep snows and frigid cold of northern NY winters, Im probably going to think about that.

mikkibtune

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition King Ranch, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
StickerFab

StickerFab

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stickerfab.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / 2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I assume having it on 10-12" ramps would have saved it from the water.
What's the justification for leaving vehicles behind? Bronco can be flat towed. Where I live, I make it a priority to get a second set of aluminum wheels mated with snow tires. If I lived in Florida, I would make towing/trailer equipment a priority.
Or how about starting it up and driving it to another local?
I think there were about 7-8 vehicles at the property. We moved an R8 V10+ and 718 Boxter GTS to a friend's warehouse. We knew we would want to have at least two large SUVs around and the storm took a turn later than people expected.

At the time of the we had been here about about 16 months. No one had expected things to get that bad.

Just for S&Gs, here are the latest and last entries for the location of the Sport and the 2 door. They are both in a sleep mode now. 2 door is still at a semi local Copart.

Ford Bronco Second Bronco totaled from Hurrican Ian.  What is fair market value: Answer. 40A0A1CE-4842-4D02-9897-4D524FA6A1D2

76ABCB5A-A97D-43FC-ADB0-8A260B0B6887.png

Last edited:

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have two condos on Marco Island that we’re flooded with 14” of water. Our building is 50 years old and never been flooded. We’re basically forced to remodel two units, not the end of the world. A lot of folks lost everything.
We had damage just to our garage in Naples as we are on the 2nd floor. 26 of the 40 first floor units on our 7 acre condo complex were flooded and had the Sheetrock and flooring removed. The complex is made up of twenty buildings with 2 upper and 2 lower units in each. All the garages had 4.5 feet of water in them. The landscaping especially along the beach won’t be back to normal for another 6+ months but I agree, it’s just a hassle. Many had catastrophic damage just to the north of us so we were lucky.

Our friends that live below us had waves punch in their storm shutters as the surge level brought the Gulf waters right up to our building. The picture of the beach taken from our condo is from October 11th and the 20 foot boat is still sitting in the same spot as of today.

Ford Bronco Second Bronco totaled from Hurrican Ian.  What is fair market value: Answer. 1E7B44D9-870E-4823-9CF8-D55F5805E669

Ford Bronco Second Bronco totaled from Hurrican Ian.  What is fair market value: Answer. A7E248DA-80CA-4C33-908B-993E473E7F3D
Sponsored

Last edited: