First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
STICKERFAB Glad your insurance is going to total it. My parents have a house on Pine island. I was down there a week after the storm and the amount of flooded vehicles is crazy. The water got right to the door sill of there car. I am heading back down tomorrow to work on the house some more.i love that part of the state but it going to be a long time before it recovers. Best of luck I will be ordering some more products shortly.
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So many people went through this with Harvey here in Houston 5 years ago. The car market then wasn't what it is now. I got lucky that my apartment at the time was not flooded, but I know a lot of other people who lost everything.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume having it on 10-12" ramps would have saved it from the water.
Or how about starting it up and driving it to another local?

BroncoValley

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That really stinks, but good that you are getting a replacement! Can I call dibs on your hard top?!

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Naples and the Fort Myers/Sanibel area had not seen flooding anywhere near this since 1960 when hurricane Donna hit. Sometimes hurricanes do unexpected things that are hard to plan for. Our condo was built in 1968 and had never had water in the garage and from Ian we had 4.5 feet of water in our garage. The climatologists are now saying that the likelihood of this large of storm surge happens only once every 200-500 years in the Florida areas hit the hardest.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Second Bronco totaled from Hurrican Ian.  What is fair market value: Answer. Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 12.28.22 PM

How do trucks survive hood-deep dives but not 30" of flood?
We had 5 foot waves and 100+ mph winds along with the 7-9 foot storm surge. Homes that were built 50+ years ago that had never had water near them were knocked off their foundations. The boat still sitting on our beach as of this morning is from 40 miles north of us.

Ford Bronco Second Bronco totaled from Hurrican Ian.  What is fair market value: Answer. 2589E828-C341-4868-AC49-AE3AE2E7D047

Antimatter Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi Q7, 2012 F150 Platinum, 1993 Ford Lightn
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Second Bronco totaled from Hurrican Ian.  What is fair market value: Answer. 2589E828-C341-4868-AC49-AE3AE2E7D047

How do trucks survive hood-deep dives but not 30" of flood?
You must have missed the fact that the surrounding area had over 10ft of storm surge, SALT WATER! the trucks in this pic are in maybe 3ft of freshwater huge difference!

Antimatter Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi Q7, 2012 F150 Platinum, 1993 Ford Lightn
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The projected path was from Pensacola to Fort Myers that covers the entire West coast of Florida, 3days before the storm hit. We had no idea where it was going.

Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Was going to say I have been in deeper water than that but then realized it was sitting in salt water for some time. Yeah, that cannot be good. Just look at any vehicle that pulls boats in and out of salt water for anly length of time. So sorry for the loss but I am really glad your insurance is not screwing you like the dealers did.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was going to say I have been in deeper water than that but then realized it was sitting in salt water for some time. Yeah, that cannot be good. Just look at any vehicle that pulls boats in and out of salt water for anly length of time. So sorry for the loss but I am really glad your insurance is not screwing you like the dealers did.
Here's what the Ian surge did to my golf clubs that were submerged in my garage for a day or so. We had 42 vehicles parked at our condo complex, all of them totaled.

Ford Bronco Second Bronco totaled from Hurrican Ian.  What is fair market value: Answer. Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 5.18.32 PM
Ford Bronco Second Bronco totaled from Hurrican Ian.  What is fair market value: Answer. Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 5.18.23 PM

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have two condos on Marco Island that we’re flooded with 14” of water. Our building is 50 years old and never been flooded. We’re basically forced to remodel two units, not the end of the world. A lot of folks lost everything.

sgriffin911

Outer Banks
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX "Largo" + 7 other Fords 1964-2019
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hopefully we will be taking delivery of another Bronco closer to the end of next month. So this works out okay for us. I'm grateful that it did. A lot of people didn't fair as well down here in SWFL =/.
[/QUOTE]

Glad you, your family & neighbors are safe. I went through Andrew, it came ashore 2 miles from our house in Palmetto Bay. Luckily our area didn't flood from the storm surge, the house flooded from the roof damage and rain. I feel your pain! We spent 2+ years living in a single wide in the front yard while waiting to get the house repaired, yes I am really trailer trash 😜. Here's to breaking in that new Bronco that's on the way! 🍾
Sponsored