Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX "Largo" + 7 other Fords 1964-2019
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have two condos on Marco Island that we’re flooded with 14” of water. Our building is 50 years old and never been flooded. We’re basically forced to remodel two units, not the end of the world. A lot of folks lost everything.
You really like to live dangerously! NY & FL islands! I'm sorry for your loss, glad you are safe. I'm a Miami native, chose to move west, Andrew was enough for me. Here's hoping our Bronco's get scheduled soon!!!
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was the second already on order?

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You really like to live dangerously! NY & FL islands! I'm sorry for your loss, glad you are safe. I'm a Miami native, chose to move west, Andrew was enough for me. Here's hoping our Bronco's get scheduled soon!!!
We raised our house on Captree Island 3' after Sandy, thanks to NY Rising. Unfortunately, we can't raise the condos, just praying it doesn't happen again in the near future. Waterfront living comes with a certain amount of risk. We still love it.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeh....sorry.....I would have washed out the floor and went on with life.....zero reason for that to be totaled.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
yeh....sorry.....I would have washed out the floor and went on with life.....zero reason for that to be totaled.
You would never get all the salt out so any pooling water later would be a rust issue and already living close to the coast totaling was the best thing. Just the salty air is bad enough. Once saw a landcover that looked pristine on the outside in a garage. Talking to the guy he say look under it. The thing was swiss cheese. Was used to go in and out of a coastal flood area. The bodies on them are aluminum but the frame is not. Funny how good the body still looked.

Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would never get all the salt out so any pooling water later would be a rust issue and already living close to the coast totaling was the best thing. Just the salty air is bad enough. Once saw a landcover that looked pristine on the outside in a garage. Talking to the guy he say look under it. The thing was swiss cheese. Was used to go in and out of a coastal flood area. The bodies on them are aluminum but the frame is not. Funny how good the body still looked.
yeh the salt would come out. I live in Ohio....crap gets salt on it every year. Inside from my shoes, outside from the stupid calcium chloride liquid they coat the roads with.

No reason to total that. Pull the floor plugs and wash away.....throw the carpet in the trash. Hell that water didn't even reach the seats. Never going to convince me but to each their own. Insurance rates are already insane in Florida. and this is a perfect example why.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
yeh the salt would come out. I live in Ohio....crap gets salt on it every year. Inside from my shoes, outside from the stupid calcium chloride liquid they coat the roads with.

No reason to total that. Pull the floor plugs and wash away.....throw the carpet in the trash. Hell that water didn't even reach the seats. Never going to convince me but to each their own. Insurance rates are already insane in Florida. and this is a perfect example why.
There is a huge difference between driving on de icer and having all the harnesses and plugs being submerged in sea water for an extended period of time. Way to much tech and things to go wrong. I commend you that you would not take the pay out or piece of mind on a brand new 60k vehicle. I personally would have that in the back of my mind taking it wheeling into BFE and relying on it. Because there was mud inside meant that I am sure it was hit with waves and sea spray wind. Now if they asked me to eat 15k I would probably not total it but he is being paid full price. Not trying to convince you just stating my opinion and that I agree with his decision.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol its not de-icer…. It’s sodium chloride sometimes mixed with calcium chloride. And unless you wash the bottom of your car a couple of times a week in the winter its layered on all winter. It’s really tough on brake lines….but since the exterior harnesses are sealed (Since the Bronco is built to be expected to ford water)……….the harnesses don’t corrode.

literally…..the water got to the floorboard. I wouldn’t have even called my agent.

I guess if I was an insurance adjuster I would be a dick lol….never ever would I total that perfectly good vehicle because of this.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol its not de-icer…. It’s sodium chloride sometimes mixed with calcium chloride.
Lol, what the hell do you think they are using that for? Nasty stuff for sure.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, what the hell do you think they are using that for? Nasty stuff for sure.
Welcome to the “rust” belt. winter road salt…..

Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome to the “rust” belt. winter road salt…..
I live in the Pacific North West toward the Cascades. We get snow from time to time. My city does not use it while the city to my west does. Huge difference in how good the snow removal is. Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

Sassy51

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Blk BD 2.3 Auto - 1/11/22+9/21/22 11/29/22
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In my experience State Farm is the absolute BEST!

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Answer to that is over 62k for a 21 Bronco 2 Door Outer Banks (non SAS). Over 7k miles.

The first "Bronco" that was a total loss was our 21 Bronco Sport Big Bend. With around the same mileage we basically received original MSRP.

Hopefully we will be taking delivery of another Bronco closer to the end of next month. So this works out okay for us. I'm grateful that it did. A lot of people didn't fair as well down here in SWFL =/.
Seriously that Bronco will be fine. They shouldn't have any trouble selling this one. If I didn't already have a Bronco, I would jump at the opportunity to get one like this at a discount.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, fording depth doesn't come over the rocker panel. Still this Bronco will be fine, and may be a bargain for someone to get.
Fording depth is 33.5“. Not sure what lift you have. That’s halfway up my door. The salt water being bad I can accept.
Ford Bronco Second Bronco totaled from Hurrican Ian.  What is fair market value: Answer. B8208940-0FC2-4322-82EE-ECE9B90E6189
Sponsored