jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 348, Porsche 914
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • Banned
I'd been excited about Area 51 as a color since the early press photos. Of course, when manufacturers plan their marketing, they pick colors they think will pop the most in photographs.

Was even more excited when I discovered A51 was to be a Bronco-specific color.

Then I saw a Bronco Sport in A51 and it just didn't do it for me. It actually felt quite feminine, but I figured maybe that's just the way the Sport feels in it, and the full size Bronco would present differently.

Now my concern is that it seems like a huge number of Broncos will be delivered in A51. I don't like seeing a clone of my ride on the road, or even worse, in the parking lot.

Anyone else questioning their early A51 choice?
Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am getting A51. I like that it reminds me of my FJ40, it is a period correct color if you will. As far as the numbers go, pick any color and you will see yourself driving around, there will be hundreds of thousands of these vehicles in a matter of years. As far as the feminine thing, I can't help you there, that is just you own perception.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd been excited about Area 51 as a color since the early press photos. Of course, when manufacturers plan their marketing, they pick colors they think will pop the most in photographs.

Then I saw a Bronco Sport in A51 and it just didn't do it for me. It actually felt quite feminine, but I figured maybe that's just the way the Sport feels in it, and the full size Bronco would present differently.

Now my concern is that it seems like a huge number of Broncos will be delivered in A51. I don't like seeing a clone of my ride on the road, or even worse, in the parking lot.

We were originally all about A51, then saw it on a Sport and quickly went away from it. Basically the same take as you - it was almost a baby blue/powder blue that doesn't do it for me.

Then we test drove an A51 2-door the other day and I REALLY liked it. Not enough to want to switch from CO, but I would have no issue driving it. Not sure if it was different light, but the biggest differentiator imo is the vehicle itself. Just looms better on the Bronco.

I think the size and the way the accents break it up somehow works better. I think that about cactus gray and cyber orange as well-they look better on the Bronco than the Ranger.

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel the same way after seeing it on the Maverick rollout and multiple Sports. Still love A51, but Iā€™m now Iā€™m leaning towards Rapid Red. Iā€™m scheduled for 8/9, but will probably switch to RR if itā€™s delayed again.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I canā€™t speak to color. I fell in love with Cyber Orange and have been wishy washy about it for months. I have 8/5 build date so locked in at this point, but thought about changing colors 4000 times since I ordered. I personally like the color change of A51ā€¦.

Sponsored

josephs6392

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1940 Ford roadster pickup, 1947 Ford 5W coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I saw Area 51 in person for the first time it was on a Sport and I had the exact same reaction. It just didnā€™t do it for me on that vehicle. I assumed I would feel the same with that color on a real Bronco. Then, I saw Area 51 on a demo model in Columbus a couple months ago and it changed my mind completely. I stopped at the dealership where I had my order on my way home and changed my build to Area 51.
it was amazing how much different I felt it looked on a real Bronco.
you are correct that it will be one of the more common colors. There will be a lot of them produced. So will green in a couple of years. This is a production vehicle so you have to expect that with the better color choices.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We ordered my wifeā€™s sport first in A51 and then right before the order went in CG. I never thought of the color as ā€œfeminineā€ but we both were glad we picked it over A51. The point being personal choice is always at play here. Little word of caution though. If you are looking for a color that is ā€œrareā€ donā€™t pick any new colors that are shown at launch. Most dealers and customers gravitate towards them. I know for my explorer ST I chose rich copper Bc I love that color and Iā€™ve seen there few of them to date and it was canceled for 2021.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to echo everyone else, the A51 on the big bronco is a totally different experience than it is on the sport.

I was A51 from day 1, got freaked and worried when I saw it in person the first time on a sport, then got won over and convinced seeing it on the big bronco.

NavynutZ

Black Diamond
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just to echo everyone else, the A51 on the big bronco is a totally different experience than it is on the sport.

I was A51 from day 1, got freaked and worried when I saw it in person the first time on a sport, then got won over and convinced seeing it on the big bronco.
Same thing happened to me...but I stuck with A51.

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's the MIC trim pieces that pair so well with it vs the gloss black on the baby broncos.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Desmomini

Desmomini

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 348, Porsche 914
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I feel the same way after seeing it on the Maverick rollout and multiple Sports. Still love A51, but Iā€™m now Iā€™m leaning towards Rapid Red. Iā€™m scheduled for 8/9, but will probably switch to RR if itā€™s delayed again.

I hadn't even considered that A51 is all over the Maverick campaign, as well.

We're going to be seeing a LOT on this color out there.

Ford Bronco Second thoughts on A51 Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 11.36.24 AM

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was leery about Area 51.
I wish it were a bit darker, then I would probably have been all in.

Went with Cactus Gray just to be safe.

None of the colors offered really knock it out of the park for me.

rotorwrench

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R Nine T, R1200RS, Outback, Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I saw an Area 51 4 door with the roof/doors removed driving around town this morning. Looked great.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I initially was going to go with A51, but eventually decided that Carbonized Gray was more in line with my personal tastes. I haven't looked back since.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I initially was going to go with A51, but eventually decided that Carbonized Gray was more in line with my personal tastes. I haven't looked back since.
I went opposite...from carb gray to A51. My reasoning was that 99% of Jeeps around here are gray and it would be generic looking. Its a great color but it will mix in the crowd.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.