Sponsored

Seeing significant price difference for BD with Mid package (actual vs. listed)

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All,

not sure if others are seeing this, but I am seeing a discrepancy between what the Mid package lists for in B&P and how it shows up in the actual cost.

The Mid package is supposed to price out at $1495, but when calculating a final price the diff is $3090. What am I missing or is B&P messed up?

The only diff in the images below is the mid package. What am I missing?

Ford Bronco Seeing significant price difference for BD with Mid package (actual vs. listed) mid package pricing2

Ford Bronco Seeing significant price difference for BD with Mid package (actual vs. listed) mid package pricin
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just trying to help someone on another post that can't price out a Wildtrak without almost 10K of random charges being added on..

Bug?

cdoublev

Black Diamond
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mid package on BD requires automatic transmission. Does the first build include automatic or manual?

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't bugged (no pun intended) my Ford guy yet on this. I was thinking that the folks on this forum are more knowledgeable about stuff like this.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's 100% adding auto trans. Packages are only available with manual on badlands because reasons. Ford thinks packaging like this will get most of us up trims. Worked the opposite for me. No mid man BD means I go base and give money to katzkin and husky. Not entirely happy with how the "washout" floor is sealed (or not sealed).

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's 100% adding auto trans. Packages are only available with manual on badlands because reasons. Ford thinks packaging like this will get most of us up trims. Worked the opposite for me. No mid man BD means I go base and give money to katzkin and husky. Not entirely happy with how the "washout" floor is sealed (or not sealed).
Its all very intricate and interconnected, as we discovered in the 2021 builds. There's alot of thought in the trim packages. And many of them are good deals, with it costing much more to do it aftermarket in some cases. It depends on what kind of car you want, what are you going to primarily use it for. In some ways, you could say BD is a baby Badlands, and OBX is a spruced up Big Bend. Theres alot of emphasis on this site on lifting and big tires, but not all of us need the biggest or highest. Its very hard to have one car that can do everything.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn. So I missed that. Def not adding an auto trans to my Bronco. Never had an automatic in my life and not starting now.

Ford just cost themselves $1495. I will live without Apple CarPlay. I didn’t want CoPilot anyway

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn. So I missed that. Def not adding an auto trans to my Bronco. Never had an automatic in my life and not starting now.

Ford just cost themselves $1495. I will live without Apple CarPlay. I didn’t want CoPilot anyway
If you're on a 2dr, consider basesquatch over BD. No base 4dr manual available sadly

Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You get Carplay on every bronco

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its all very intricate and interconnected, as we discovered in the 2021 builds. There's alot of thought in the trim packages. And many of them are good deals, with it costing much more to do it aftermarket in some cases. It depends on what kind of car you want, what are you going to primarily use it for. In some ways, you could say BD is a baby Badlands, and OBX is a spruced up Big Bend. Theres alot of emphasis on this site on lifting and big tires, but not all of us need the biggest or highest. Its very hard to have one car that can do everything.
I don't need the biggest or the highest either. There is no way I could ever come close to the highest vehicle in Florida :LOL: , At the Publix parking lot I saw at least 4 trucks lifted 6" or more.

I do think that small dueler tires on an off road vehicle are ridiculous. I want my Bronco to sit at least as high as my F150 to clear water and sand. I don't think there is an emphasis on lifting and big tires. I think there is an emphasis on personalizing the vehicle to the way you like it and will use it.

For me, I disliked the wheels/tires on the outer banks. With nicer tires, the wheels look so much better, and so does the Bronco.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
in Florida :LOL: , At the Publix parking lot I saw at least 4 trucks lifted 6" or more
Do they still have their itty bitty stock tires like here in rural Ohio? Shame too because the tires look nice and proportioned normally...

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't need the biggest or the highest either. There is no way I could ever come close to the highest vehicle in Florida :LOL: , At the Publix parking lot I saw at least 4 trucks lifted 6" or more.

I do think that small dueler tires on an off road vehicle are ridiculous. I want my Bronco to sit at least as high as my F150 to clear water and sand. I don't think there is an emphasis on lifting and big tires. I think there is an emphasis on personalizing the vehicle to the way you like it and will use it.

For me, I disliked the wheels/tires on the outer banks. With nicer tires, the wheels look so much better, and so does the Bronco.
Good points, I too am looking for that moderate build that improves the vehicle's function on the beach and whatever other occasional off-road adventure I might undertake, without compromising 'round town and highway driving. The Michelin LTX on my F150 have done the latter exquisitely, but they Chirp on the beach (OBX & Delaware), which the Micky Thompson tech says is because the tread blocks on my street tires can't void the sand efficiently!

But all the 275/70R18 tires that fit our OBX are the harsher-riding E rated tires, which Is why I'm curious to hear from you how your 275/70R18 KO2's feel in road-ride quality on the stock 18" rims on your OBX?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good points, I too am looking for that moderate build that improves the vehicle's function on the beach and whatever other occasional off-road adventure I might undertake, without compromising 'round town and highway driving. The Michelin LTX on my F150 have done the latter exquisitely, but they Chirp on the beach (OBX & Delaware), which the Micky Thompson tech says is because the tread blocks on my street tires can't void the sand efficiently!

But all the 275/70R18 tires that fit our OBX are the harsher-riding E rated tires, which Is why I'm curious to hear from you how your 275/70R18 KO2's feel in road-ride quality on the stock 18" rims on your OBX?
I don't understand why people think the Ko2s are not good riding tires? I've had them on several vehicles. They are great.
Sponsored