First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed, my Lightning should be very fast.
Nice, I also asked my dealer to put me in line to order a Lightning to replace my Volt.
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’d wish they’d just bring us a diesel option instead of force feeding us this EV nonsense
What do you mean by force feeding? Is anyone forcing you or anyone else to do something against your will?

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
someone hasn’t been keeping up with current events 🤡
Current events have always existed, they are not forcing anyone unless the person is so weak minded he feels compelled to...
Ford Bronco Seen at Barrett Jackson Auction 1647143954162

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fear mongering associated with EVs is hilarious. You folks need to get out more. EVs are only one piece of the transportation puzzle.

If you don't want one, just don't buy one. You'll have plenty of ICE vehicles to choose from for the foreseeable future. Having the desire to bash what you don't want or don't want to understand seems to be the method of justifying your position.

OT - interesting exercise converting an EB to electric. Not what I would do with mine, but me keeping mine a survivor is not what everyone would do. I'm good with someone doing what they want with their EB.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fear mongering associated with EVs is hilarious. You folks need to get out more. EVs are only one piece of the transportation puzzle.

If you don't want one, just don't buy one. You'll have plenty of ICE vehicles to choose from for the foreseeable future. Having the desire to bash what you don't want or don't want to understand seems to be the method of justifying your position.

OT - interesting exercise converting an EB to electric. Not what I would do with mine, but me keeping mine a survivor is not what everyone would do. I'm good with someone doing what they want with their EB.
So true... I wonder if this has happened with other transportation technologies falling into obsolescence like the horse carriage, candle headlights and squeeze horns or the fear of EVs is just directly related to political stupidity?

I've seen a few clasic cars converted into EV and during the owner's interview, they explain that the conversion can be reversed if they ever want to sell it but with the conversion, they can keep the original drivetrain with low miles and enjoy driving the car.

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Is anyone forcing you or anyone else to do something against your will?
the fear of EVs is just directly related to political stupidity
EVs are largely just luxury vehicles for rich people, subsidized by taxes. I’m surprised so few see this after a decade of it right there in front of you on the road lol.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
EVs are largely just luxury vehicles for rich people, subsidized by taxes. I’m surprised so few see this after a decade of it right there in front of you on the road lol.
" Conservative estimates put U.S. direct subsidies to the fossil fuel industry at roughly $20 billion per year; with 20 percent currently allocated to coal and 80 percent to natural gas and crude oil."
Source: https://www.eesi.org/papers/view/fa...-closer-look-at-tax-breaks-and-societal-costs

People seem to conveniently forget how much the petroleum industry is subsidized by taxpayers. I think if the US stopped ALL subsidies to ALL fuels and we'll quickly see how much quicker the people will adopt EVs.

I don't consider my Chevy Volt a luxury vehicle but thanks.
I don't see many of the cars in the graph below as luxury with the Nissan Leaf being the most sold, do you? Funny how facts make opinions irrelevant!

https://afdc.energy.gov/data/10567

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't see many of the cars in the graph below as luxury with the Nissan Leaf being the most sold, do you? Funny how facts make opinions irrelevant!

I haven’t looked into this much, admittedly, I just see a lot of Teslas on the road and when I clicked the link that you cited, it literally says:

“Until 2018, the Chevrolet Volt had been on the market the longest and had the most overall sales, but the model was discontinued in 2019. In 2018, the newly introduced Tesla Model 3 rapidly increased vehicle sales and established the vehicle as the best-selling plug-in electric vehicle with nearly 50% of the market share.”

I think your confusion about the Nissan Leaf is because the bar for the Nissan Leaf on the graph is more of a Cyber Orange color, while the Tesla bar on the graph is just yellow. Very close lol.

Last edited:

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Wrangler 4xe, Rivian R1T, Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s true to some extent but there are cheap EVs as I’ve owned 2 cheap ones. Your statement doesn’t make that much sense given that rich people pay most of the taxes …

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was just going to add an observation. There was an EV Bronco driving around at Supercell East a few weekends back. Think one of the frame builders had it and built it. Believe he said he had about a 200 mile range with it. No clue what it cost him to do, my guess, since he is in the Bronco frame/build business, not that much, just spare time his guys might have had around the shop? Was quiet, I'll give you that.

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

" Conservative estimates put U.S. direct subsidies to the fossil fuel industry at roughly $20 billion per year; with 20 percent currently allocated to coal and 80 percent to natural gas and crude oil."
Source: https://www.eesi.org/papers/view/fa...-closer-look-at-tax-breaks-and-societal-costs

People seem to conveniently forget how much the petroleum industry is subsidized by taxpayers. I think if the US stopped ALL subsidies to ALL fuels and we'll quickly see how much quicker the people will adopt EVs.

The idea that EV’s … the AVERAGE EV is a luxury vehicle for rich people is asinine bull spread by those that stand to lose money in fossil fuels. Go to fuel economy.gov and check out the ACTUAL COST of owning an EV as compared to your current vehicle over the years. EV almost always comes out ahead.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The idea that EV’s … the AVERAGE EV is a luxury vehicle for rich people is asinine bull spread by those that stand to lose money in fossil fuels. Go to fuel economy.gov and check out the ACTUAL COST of owning an EV as compared to your current vehicle over the years. EV almost always comes out ahead.
The average base model EV (Mustang Mach E, VW Hyundai Ioniq 5) has an MSRP in the $39-47K range. Compare that to a base ICE like a Camry or Rav 4 with MSRP in the $26-28K range and the EV is still quite a bit more expensive even with the $7500 rebate assuming the buyer qualifies. The intangibles working against EV implementation include short range, refueling time/locations, and outside temperature based range loss. Don’t forget to add in cost of wiring a home charging station ($2000 in my case) or even the ability of adding one for those living in apartments.

In my case, having purchased and later sold a Ford Lightning EV in 2022, the true cost to own and operate an EV was more expensive than an ICE pickup. The main reason is that electricity is very expensive in MA, 38 cents per kWh where I live with no cheaper off peak programs. My $46K Lightning Pro would be less expensive than ICE in markets with cheaper electricity. With the cost of the same truck up to $63K for 2023 I think the EV will indeed end up more expensive for most users regardless of electricity prices.

I was all in on the EV until I owned one for a few months. Having owned and experienced one first hand paid for with my own money I did the math and moved on. I’m sure EV’s will continue to improve, and new battery tech will extend range and temperature tolerance. Until we start cranking up more nuclear power plants in the US the ever increasing cost of electricity will make EV implementation challenging.
Sponsored

Last edited: