Sponsored

Seen it in Person? How big is the 2 door.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am on this site for hours a day. (get a life, I know) My choice is the two door so I keep looking at two door Wranglers and they just seem too small to me. When I see a four door Jeep I'm like yes, that takes up a bit more real estate. I owned an 87' Ranger and loved the Bronco II back in the day but that's not what I'm wanting as far as size goes. My idea of a Bronco is the 80's. I have seen the size comparison charts along with all the dimensions. This Bronco is smaller than 80's but larger than a Bronco II. I am wanting to know from first hand observation how big does it look? I want my Bronco to at least seem like a truck and not a toy. I am sure the four door will be a big beast and probably more practical but in my mind the Bronco is the late 70's/80's of my childhood and driving years.

I have seen posts in various threads mentioning it's bigger than you think. Maybe that's enough for me but hoping those that have seen it can maybe expound on their view a bit more.
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well the four door is only 16" longer and we all know the two has much more usable space than a Wrangler two door.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am on this thread for hours a day. (get a life, I know) My choice is the two door so I keep looking at two door Wranglers and they just seem too small to me. When I see a four door Jeep I'm like yes, that takes up a bit more real estate. I owned an 87' Ranger and loved the Bronco II back in the day but that's not what I'm wanting as far as size goes. My idea of a Bronco is the 80's. I have seen the size comparison charts along with all the dimensions. This Bronco is smaller than 80's but larger than a Bronco II. I am wanting to know from first hand observation how big does it look? I want my Bronco to at least seem like a truck and not a toy. I am sure the four door will be a big beast and probably more practical but in my mind the Bronco is the late 70's/80's of my childhood and driving years.

I have seen posts in various threads mentioning it's bigger than you think. Maybe that's enough for me but hoping those that have seen it can maybe expound on their view a bit more.
I believe the dimensions are very close to a similar doored Wrangler but in person the Bronco just seems much bigger for both 2 and 4 door. I believe it's the body panels and doors that make it seem bigger than it is.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

almost 2' shorter than your Passat and almost a foot wider.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally I think it's the perfect size. Not tiny like a toy and not huge so you can't fit through the trails. It does look smaller with the tube doors though. It stinks that everyone can't see these before buying. We saw it and was able to get inside and the only thing with the 2dr is it's a PITA to get into the back seat. I don't care as I'll never be back there and love the look so much more than the 4 dr.

Ford Bronco Seen it in Person? How big is the 2 door. IMG_3419

Ford Bronco Seen it in Person? How big is the 2 door. IMG_3421

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the dimensions are very close to a similar doored Wrangler but in person the Bronco just seems much bigger for both 2 and 4 door. I believe it's the body panels and doors that make it seem bigger than it is.
On the wrangler the doors sit inboard of the outer plane of the wheels and the hood tapers in and downward.

I think thatā€™s playing a major role in the perceived, and actual, difference in size compared to the Bronco (even if they have similar overall footprints).

Last edited:
OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

almost 2' shorter than your Passat and almost a foot wider.
Nice comparison. I was actually going to pull that up earlier this week and it slipped my mind. I'm going to the garage with the tape measure after typing this. Sometimes I just talk (type) without thinking.

Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2 door Bronco is almost the exact same dimension as a 4 door Land Rover Discovery 1. Same wheelbase, length and width, but 2 less doors and a tick shorter in height.

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, itā€™s big: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...lands-in-cyber-orange-with-measurements.9976/ and https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ds-cyber-orange-seen-at-ford-r-d-center.8467/

First link shows it compared to F-150. Second link shows it compared to 4Runner. This is the non-Sasquatch two door Badlands.
Those are the pics that sold me on the BL 2 door, non squatched. I think it looks perfect. I am still having a hard time getting a real feel for it. I've seen plenty of F 150's and 4Runners and gives me an idea. It looks big compared to the 4Runner and small compared to F 150, at least how I'm seeing it. I think 4Runners are a decent sized vehicle so maybe that's what I need to go off of? Sure would be nice to see in person. I'm becoming obsessed with trying to know and visualize what this looks like without seeing it. Size, interior, all of it. Never bought a car blind before and I'm sure most here have not. I don't think there will be a chance for me to do so before ordering.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can see that. It's like the Bronco body goes out over the tires more than the Jeep, making for a somewhat larger cabin.
Ford Bronco Seen it in Person? How big is the 2 door. 1608852547524

Ford Bronco Seen it in Person? How big is the 2 door. 1608853615423

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shorter than my wifeā€™s grand cherokee and felt comparable in size to my LJ wrangler. Bronco cabin felt larger than my wrangler.