Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I won't get my Bronco until around March, I have checked around for some quotes on PPF, and even for just doors and quarter panels we are talking like $3000+.

I looked on Amazon and saw some 12" x several feet of 3M PPF and Xpel strips for anywhere from $25 to $75 (and up).

My initial concern is to protect the lower doors from rocks kicked up by the tires, which seems to be a common theme so far. I know doing the lower quarter of the doors won't do much for trail pinstripes, etc. But has anyone done this, or know of a reason I shouldn't (at least initially) try this on my own?

Stickerfab also has a black strip for the lower doors if I want to go that route. I am just trying to see if it would be feasible to do this for ~$100 to save the budget for other mods? Or is a $3000 professional PPF job the only way to go?
Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watching đź‘€

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
foreWard

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check this out. Lot cheaper to do it yourself still, but this is much cheaper than having someone do it for you and it will be cut professionally if you want to go this route. I will definitely PPF my lower doors when get my ride, if I get my ride.

https://www.undergroundgraphics.com/collections/ford/products/bronco-lower-rocker-4-door-ppf

Btw, the red is just so you can see where it applies, it is clear actually.
Nice. I actually already ordered the precut sheets for the roll bar from them so the soft top won’t scratch it. But that was a few weeks ago and I wasn’t researching full ppf options yet. Thanks!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

once it warms up again I'm doing PPF myself on front of the hood and the door sills, and now thinking about doing the lower part of doors as well. I'm just not convinced that a thin piece of plastic film will really protect against rocks flying at hight speed?
I'll be getting mudflaps for at least the front once some reasonably priced ones are available, I don't like the rooster tail of dirt and mud up on the doors, just street grime spraying up there when it rains is making a mess and I haven't even gone off road yet.

But on the doors it should be pretty easy to install yourself, and if you mess up, cheap to get an other roll or piece. I'd never spend what wrapping companies ask for, cheaper to have the entire truck repainted, LOL. I just want to avoid chips in the paint for a while.

Sponsored

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I won't get my Bronco until around March, I have checked around for some quotes on PPF, and even for just doors and quarter panels we are talking like $3000+.

I looked on Amazon and saw some 12" x several feet of 3M PPF and Xpel strips for anywhere from $25 to $75 (and up).

My initial concern is to protect the lower doors from rocks kicked up by the tires, which seems to be a common theme so far. I know doing the lower quarter of the doors won't do much for trail pinstripes, etc. But has anyone done this, or know of a reason I shouldn't (at least initially) try this on my own?

Stickerfab also has a black strip for the lower doors if I want to go that route. I am just trying to see if it would be feasible to do this for ~$100 to save the budget for other mods? Or is a $3000 professional PPF job the only way to go?

Mud flaps seem to be a far cheaper option (and can easily DIY). Have you considered those or are you dead-set against them?

OP
OP
foreWard

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mud flaps seem to be a far cheaper option (and can easily DIY). Have you considered those or are you dead-set against them?
Not a huge fan of mud flaps….might change my mind if it’s the only way…

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just not convinced that a thin piece of plastic film will really protect against rocks flying at hight speed?
Ah, but it does. Indeed it does.
I installed XPel Armor PPF on the bottoms of mine soon after noticing I was getting some chips/scrapes from gravel.

I would hate to think what this one would have looked like without it.
it took a chunk out of the PPF but the paint looks to have been saved.
Ford Bronco Self PPF the lower doors? A97A0902-01F0-47CB-AA14-766AB181AB27
Sponsored