Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yikes, glad everyone was ok. Unfortunately this happens sometimes to young drivers, that’s kinda what my 85’ Bronco looked like when I rolled it. Not good.
Thanks for your comments. This is part of why I’m thinking the Tacoma may be a bit much for a young driver. It’s wicked tall, no swaybar, lots of suspension travel, etc.

plus my daughter is pretty tiny, just like her mom. She can barely see over the hood of my Tacoma and I don’t see her getting much taller. She’s maybe 5 foot.
It's a matter of getting used to it. My youngest probably would have been more attentive, except he hadn't driven it in a year, and had been driving a Mazda 3 instead.

My advice: if you go the LJ route, keep it low on smaller tires for the first few years. It'll still go most places, but will be better behaved. Step up as she gets used to it's sloppy ways.

I personally like the LJ as a potential project vehicle. The 4.0 is a tank of a motor. We had some injector issues when the TJ sat for a while, but a few fill-ups with fuel treatment and it ran fine again. Ours was a 2000, and we had to do the radiator, power steering box, and all the major HVAC components eventually (all between 120-155K miles), but it didn't need ball joints or bushings at 155K. Do dump the janky plastic rear swaybar links for metal ones. We did replace the automatic transmission too, but that was a self inflicted wound ...

It will need some normal repairs for cars with higher mileage, but that also has been a great teaching moment with my kids: what is the problem - research it online - how do you fix it - what do you need - ok lets fix it. They even did the radiator themselves. I dropped it in the garage, said fix it, and walked away. Only got called in for consultation twice.
Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sometimes there is no substitute for a truck. I will be keeping my Sierra...

OP
OP
Ramble_Offroad

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the record I sold my truck.
and yes. I was crazy to do that.

sda3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We’ll be a Taco and Bronco household when the. Bronco does finally come.
Sponsored