North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Might be an MY22-23 change. Probably will be retrofittable too. Not an engineer and I did not stay at Holiday Inn Express either.
As an engineer, if they want to move it towards the top of the grill the have to make a new plastic injection mold for the new grills and assign all new part numbers to each color and style.

Then they possibly have to create a new wiring harness to reach the new camera location.

Then, they have to possibly create a new part number bracket to hold the camera, unless it mounts to the grill itself.

But after looking at my grill shutter drawing none of this will work as the active grill shutters are in the way, see pic below.

PLAN B: Relocate the camera to a new bracket on a new part number brush guard, new wiring harness and modify the software for the new location.

Now I can see why this will not happen for 2021 and maybe not until the next major refresh cycle, like the floor mounted combination heater vents / wash out water resevoirs.

Ford Bronco SEMA Special Live Stream Bronco Q&A active-grille-shutters-compared-

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe, but to achieve a proper lift without using spacers, you have to use different parts. (Replace the coilovers)
I think the true answer is that he doesn’t have enough knowledge in the matter to give a proper answer.
BL vs SASQUATCH = “ you have to use different parts” Best way to phrase it.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BL vs SASQUATCH = “ you have to use different parts” Best way to phrase it.
Yes, and to lift a vehicle you also have to use different parts.
So him saying that it’s not a lift, it’s different parts just shows that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He’s just regurgitating information that someone else from Ford told him.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, and to lift a vehicle you also have to use different parts.
So him saying that it’s not a lift, it’s different parts just shows that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He’s just regurgitating information that someone else from Ford told him.
I think what he was saying was that “ to lift is to modify” If the new build is “ different “ are you really modifying it?

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think what he was saying was that “ to lift is to modify” If the new build is “ different “ are you really modifying it?
Yes. Modify means to change something or make it different.
Look, I’m not trying to change your mind. It seems to be made up already.
If he truly said “it’s not a lift, it’s different parts” then he obviously doesn’t know what he’s talking about because to lift you have to use different parts.
The BL suspension uses DIFFERENT parts to make it higher than the base suspension.
The Squatch uses DIFFERENT parts to make it higher than the BL suspension.
It’s as simple as that.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If he truly said “it’s not a lift, it’s different parts” then he obviously doesn’t know what he’s talking about because to lift you have to use different parts.
The BL has DIFFERENT parts to be lifted higher than the base suspension.
The Squatch has DIFFERENT parts to be lifted higher than the BL suspension.
It’s as simple as that.
Let's be clear, marketing people are not typically the most technical people in a company. I've gotten many frequent flyer miles having to accompany marketing to customer meetings. I wish Ford would stand up some engineers at these events but don't hold your breath.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My interpretation of the guy’s response is that when you get the Sasquatch on a Badlands, you get a 10mm/0.4” lift over the standard Badlands suspension. If you get the Sasquatch package on any other trim, you get a 1.5” lift over the standard suspension.

Badlands has the HOSS with position sensitive dampers. It is the only trim that has that without including the Sasquatch package. Based on the preliminary spec sheet, the Badlands has more suspension travel than the base (which the other non-Sasquatch trims look to share) leading me to believe that the Badlands has a lift of some sort over the other non-Sasquatch trims.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody know what those wheels are

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
The BL suspension uses DIFFERENT parts to make it higher than the base suspension.
The Squatch uses DIFFERENT parts to make it higher than the BL suspension.
It’s as simple as that.
Just trying to convey what Sebastian told me. We all get it that the Sasquatch is higher and you can call that a lift ( even Sebastian). He made a point to counter that by saying its different than a “ lift”. Went back and looked at my notes and he did say something about the need to compensate for weight distribution. For what it’s worth will a Warthog be a lifted Sasquatch or is it a unique design? I took it that a Sasquatch is a unique design. Is it marketing BS ? Time will tell.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Take it from someone who lives in the salt belt. A hidden winch inside a bumper will rust equally as fast if not more quickly than one on the bumper. If it's outside, at least you can keep it covered with Fluid Film or wash the salt/crap off.
I live in the rust belt but to be honest have never had a winch.

I know breaking ice off the tractor so I can use it gets old pretty fast.

For an OEM thing... it looks about as finished as a receiver hitch mounted one.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My interpretation of the guy’s response is that when you get the Sasquatch on a Badlands, you get a 10mm/0.4” lift over the standard Badlands suspension. If you get the Sasquatch package on any other trim, you get a 1.5” lift over the standard suspension.

Badlands has the HOSS with position sensitive dampers. It is the only trim that has that without including the Sasquatch package. Based on the preliminary spec sheet, the Badlands has more suspension travel than the base (which the other non-Sasquatch trims look to share) leading me to believe that the Badlands has a lift of some sort over the other non-Sasquatch trims.
Thought this was interesting and might confirm the 10mm lift to 35’s
Ford Bronco SEMA Special Live Stream Bronco Q&A C2771E7F-42A0-4573-8F0C-D28BF21CCB31
Sponsored