Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At the 18:56 mark in the video, a question came up regarding the wash out interior. The early prototypes were washed down with a "ton of water" and the electronics are "siliconized".

Comforting to some degree, like getting stuck in a downpour or washing out the interior after a day on the trails. But still think some common sense will be necessary in drying the interior completely so water doesn't penetrate and do damage (ie., rear vents, door hinges, etc.)

I will also seek to learn if the warranty will cover repairs attributed to water.
I work in consumer electronics and have experience in designing and building devices that are water resistant, I hope it is hose out but if I was a betting man (which I am) I would bet this one gets revised at some point. switches are straightforward but the airbags, slip rings to the steering wheel controls and the like are much more challenging. A gentle hose spray on the floor sounds likely, but am I gonna hose off the hero switches and have water run into the HVAC vents, USB charges and god knows where else? I will let someone else test that!
Sponsored

cody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
About the Ford rep confirming that the Sasquatch is "10 mils" lift over Badlands, how does that square with the questions answered at SuperCel East (see @Boxer4's post). In this Q&A, it appears that the Sas gets stiffer springs *and* "longer shocks" over the Badlands. I can't imagine that this kind of effort of procuring two different parts for a 10mm lift is a believable action Ford would have taken. There's got to be some kind of conflict here. Anyone have any further info on this?
10-7-20 Edited

2. Suspension Difference on BL vs Sasquatch how? -Will 35' tires fit BL
Sasquatch has stiffer springs and longer shocks. There is no “ spacer”
I had forgotten where we saw that originally, thanks for the link.

My transcription of Cristy's question and Jeff's answer:

Will the suspension be the same for the Sasquatch-Badlands and the standard Badlands? If not, what's the difference gonna be, height, bump-stops, are you gonna change things up a little bit?

"They are actually very close. Ah, they're not exactly the same part numbers all the way across, but they are, the um, they're the same suspension. When you get a Sasquatch package, what you are getting is a package that gets you that 35-inch, ah, pack. It lifts the, um, Base vehicle about an inch-and-a-half, and it lifts the, ah, the Badlands about 10 mils, so."

My speculation: I'm not sure how much stock to put into this, as some of the other answers were a bit, intentionally, vague. And, it is not easy for these guys to answer questions cold. He does seem to be suggesting that there is some slight difference in suspension, which jives with the SuperCel East Q&A.

Conversely, from a parts supply perspective, it would make the most sense for the Badlands and Sasquatch parts to be exactly the same except for the wheel/tire/bump-stop. Why go to the trouble of longer shocks and/or stiffer springs, but then also still need a bump stop?

I admit to having very little knowledge, just a desire to know the EXACT difference(s).

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know some like to bash the metric system, but in engineering there are many times the product or suppliers product require using the metric system, especially when you have international customers.
I know some of you may be too young to remember, but the U.S. proposed adopting the metric system back the the late 70's. It obviously failed to happen.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That makes sense! I really liked the height and how it looked huge! Lol now I am thinking about if I need Sasquatch or not. I like the fact that I’m 5’3 and this is going to be bigggg ?
Get yourself some Amp Research or Rockslide Engineering Deployable steps that way you can have the biggest baddest Bronco and not look like you’re going mountain climbing every time you get in Especially when wearing heels ?.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm wondering if he misunderstood the question in that video? You can just imagine how much extra work this will be for dealers every time something changes and the customer wants to update their order.
Exactly. A lot of this is not making sense.

Sponsored

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the transcript. Right, I'm taking Jeff at what appears to be his plain meaning that the "10 mil" lift is Sasquatch over Badlands and the 1.5" is the Sas lift over Base trim. I'm not sure how one interprets Jeff was saying Sas is 1.5" lift over Badlands.

That's where this is so odd with the SuperCel East answers, as you mentioned. If I were to go to the "horse's mouth" I would think that Jeff from the SEMA vid would carry more weight unless the SuperCel East guy was Esteban then... Lol, oh boy, they have some (more) clarification to make.

Like what was said already, these questions were answered "cold" so who knows if they're totally accurate... But at the same time, we wanted this Q&A session, and we wanted to hear from "Ford" (who - I'm assuming - are the ones to have this info nailed) so I'm not sure if we're going to get much better than this outside of finished technical specs documentation... And who knows when that's going to happen.

All I know is that we've got a conflict between two (apparently) authoritative voices. Until the Build and Price update (or updated tech specs), I can understand a lot of the caution people have here with what anyone says at this point.

My transcription of Cristy's question and Jeff's answer:

Will the suspension be the same for the Sasquatch-Badlands and the standard Badlands? If not, what's the difference gonna be, height, bump-stops, are you gonna change things up a little bit?

"They are actually very close. Ah, they're not exactly the same part numbers all the way across, but they are, the um, they're the same suspension. When you get a Sasquatch package, what you are getting is a package that gets you that 35-inch, ah, pack. It lifts the, um, Base vehicle about an inch-and-a-half, and it lifts the, ah, the Badlands about 10 mils, so."

My speculation: I'm not sure how much stock to put into this, as some of the other answers were a bit, intentionally, vague. And, it is not easy for these guys to answer questions cold. He does seem to be suggesting that there is some slight difference in suspension, which jives with the SuperCel East Q&A.

Conversely, from a parts supply perspective, it would make the most sense for the Badlands and Sasquatch parts to be exactly the same except for the wheel/tire/bump-stop. Why go to the trouble of longer shocks and/or stiffer springs, but then also still need a bump stop?

I admit to having very little knowledge, just a desire to know the EXACT difference(s).

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is the only place a factory Ford bumper should put it. Not sitting outside in the elements waiting to rust into a paperweight or be stolen like something from JC Whitney.

6a017ee6664cf9970d0240a48a23c8200d-800wi.jpg
Take it from someone who lives in the salt belt. A hidden winch inside a bumper will rust equally as fast if not more quickly than one on the bumper. If it's outside, at least you can keep it covered with Fluid Film or wash the salt/crap off.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure how they be able to adjust the 360 view if the camera is relocated.
Well, we won’t really know till someone gets their hands on a production model with the factory winch.

Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, we won’t really know till someone gets their hands on a production model with the factory winch.
I hope someone figures it out, because that would be awesome

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watch again. He says it lifts the Base about 1.5" and lifts the Badlands about 10mm.
Damn! You’re right! I completely heard that wrong. Drinking and posting has never done me any favors.

Last edited:

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn! You’re right! I completely heard that Erin. Drinking and posting has never done me any favors.
I still think they've left more questions about exactly what the Sasquatch gives the Badlands package other than wheels/tires. I want to know exactly how the lift is accomplished - new springs/shocks, spacer lift, etc.

Neo777

Black Diamond
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow! Great! Thanks so much for posting!

Looks like it will be easy to change out things!

Bronco007

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are they saying I can order those Fuel wheels off the Dealer installed accessory list at the time of order. So if I get the Sasquatch package will it replace the SAS wheels or will I have 2 sets of wheels? Or are they just showing us stuff we can't have again?

Also, is that cyber orange color on the Fuel beadlock rings and the BRONCO lettering on the front grille? It looks a little more goldish.
Sponsored