Reaction score
Website
www.ha-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ram 1500, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I attended the Moab Off Roadeo on September 18th with and it was a blast! Our guide was Blake and he was very chill and friendly. I have been on Dirt Mountain since July 22nd when my Manual Badlands was built and stranded. My ride at the Off Roadeo was a Non Squatch Badlands which was perfect since that is what I ordered and I was curious to see how it performed. It didn't have the 360 cameras like mine will and was an automatic with the 2.7L. All the Broncos were either Non Squatch Badlands, Wild Traks or Outer Banks with Squatch. Honestly you can tell a difference between the Squatch and the Non Squatch Badlands but wasn't as big as I was thinking it would be. There was only one part where I personally felt that the 35 would had made the difference and that was going down about a 2-3 foot ledge with the breakover, that extra .5"-1" would have reduced a slight rub. I rode behind a Wildtrak and could tell the difference between their articulation with no stabilizer bar disconnect versus the badlands with the disconnect. In the end this trip was epic. I got to mountain bike the Whole Enchilada, Hike in Arches National Park and of course off road a Bronco! I can't wait to get mine which apparently my new hardtop will be installed in October at some point. If anyone wants to message me with questions please do! Some raw footage is at below link:

PS: The Red Cliffs Lodge two bedroom Cabin was amazing as well.

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8167

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8170

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8173

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8174

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8175

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8176

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8177

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8178

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8184

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8189

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8191

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8192

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8193

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8222

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8226

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_8194 (2)
Sponsored

Last edited:

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great review and pics. I'm heading to the Moab event in late October and this is getting me pretty darn excited. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
zoldham

zoldham

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ha-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great review and pics. I'm heading to the Moab event in late October and this is getting me pretty darn excited. Thanks for sharing.
You'll have a great time! It's the only Off Roadeo that you drive real world not Ford made trails and get some highway driving. It's 16 miles to the trailhead with epic views, about 28 miles of off road with 16 miles back to the starting point. We put the top back for the highway driving, which I highly recommend!

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'll have a great time! It's the only Off Roadeo that you drive real world not Ford made trails and get some highway driving. It's 16 miles to the trailhead with epic views, about 28 miles of off road with 16 miles back to the starting point. We put the top back for the highway driving, which I highly recommend!
Excellent. I'm an 8/31 build that seems to be in purgatory at the moment. Stoked to get some time with them out there. Cheers!

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didnt know WT didnt have sway bar disconnect like my BL. Can you pls explain more about the articulation you saw/experienced between the WT without SBD vs BL with SWB.

Sponsored
OP
OP
zoldham

zoldham

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ha-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didnt know WT didnt have sway bar disconnect like my BL. Can you pls explain more about the articulation you saw/experienced between the WT without SBD vs BL with SWB.
Sure from what I experienced and observed the WT without SBD would lift tires higher in situations where there was tire lift from both and there were times where the WT lifted when my BL did not. Both are super capable and can handle everything the SBD was one of my favorite tools in the toolkit has it really allowed the Bronco to feel planted and smooth the trail out. I'm definitely glad I got a BL with that feature. A few other notes I didn't particularly care for the trail turn assist or the Trail Control but did like the one pedal drive which I wont have because I got the Manual so two foot driving for me!

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just did the Austin Off Roadeo yesterday and was blown away. There were several areas that needed the Sasquatch package and all of the Broncos had it.

OP
OP
zoldham

zoldham

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ha-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just did the Austin Off Roadeo yesterday and was blown away. There were several areas that needed the Sasquatch package and all of the Broncos had it.
For me as long as you got front and rear lockers like the BL or other models with the Squatch that’s all you really need but that SBD on the BL is awesome.

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sure from what I experienced and observed the WT without SBD would lift tires higher in situations where there was tire lift from both and there were times where the WT lifted when my BL did not. Both are super capable and can handle everything the SBD was one of my favorite tools in the toolkit has it really allowed the Bronco to feel planted and smooth the trail out. I'm definitely glad I got a BL with that feature. A few other notes I didn't particularly care for the trail turn assist or the Trail Control but did like the one pedal drive which I wont have because I got the Manual so two foot driving for me!
Thank You!! Awesome. Sounds like the SBD is a key feature to have. I also liked hearing you didnt care for the trail turn assist or one other feature bc others have been trying to sell me on an automatic bc of it. However, the one pedal does does fun, just not needed on a manual bc we have one pedal all the time...once we pick a gear lol.

Thanks again for your review. Even more confident now that my MT BL with 47 Axle, Lockers, SBD and mods should make it pretty much anywhere no prob. Can't wait to try!!

HYoqFdZT-166789555.jpg

GjuFuuAI-166788931.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

OP
OP
zoldham

zoldham

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ha-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank You!! Awesome. Sounds like the SBD is a key feature to have. I also liked hearing you didnt care for the trail turn assist or one other feature bc others have been trying to sell me on an automatic bc of it. However, the one pedal does does fun, just not needed on a manual bc we have one pedal all the time...once we pick a gear lol.

Thanks again for your review. Even more confident now that my MT BL with 47 Axle, Lockers, SBD and mods should make it pretty much anywhere no prob. Can't wait to try!!

Ford Bronco SEP 2021 MOAB OFF ROADEO REVIEW IMG_0110

Looks great man you’ll love it and I like the winch! Definitely going to add that to mine when I get it.

Sponsored