First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you were pushed into 2022, what's the latest you can change an option? Say a Mid Package to a High Package?
I believe, and I am no expert, that you can make changes without much drama up until you have a VIN number assigned, after that you are pretty much locked and loaded (with few exceptions from what I understand).
Sponsored

Drvmustangs

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang convertible / 2015 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how is it that itā€™s a positive to order a Black Diamond but then a deduction because of the factory front bumper??? I finally figured that one out earlier today.

qbd1414

Big Bend
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess I haven't been following much until this week but I reserved 7/14 and ordered in February... the OBX/ Antimatter Blue/ 4dr / MOD-Soft top combo / Lux / 2.7 / Tow which was probably more than I wanted to spend but figured why not... then in April I was told by dealer I needed to switch to MIC roof so I did... but no word until the email saying they may not have MIC until 2023... I may not have read it right away as I didn't get into the dealer until Monday but saw I missed the 16th deadline but figured I would change anyways --- so I week I have been rebuilding and rebuilding... and since this will be a commuter car more than a off road vehicle... I decided maybe I should make it more gas friendly... and should go back to the manual idea, but forgot you can get a manual with any sort of luxury--- heated seats and keyless entry :) LOL

So I decided on Big Bend / Cactus Grey/ 2.3 auto / 4dr / Soft top only / Mid pack / Tow

Then I read last night that I was good for most everything but the Towing... why is the Towing limited in supply?!?1? and saw that the deadline was extended to 23rd... so I went back in today to give final rebuild decision and just eliminated the tow package.

Now I think I should just go to the 2.7 engine and 4.27 rear lockers even though that may delay me again, but at least i have a soft top only ;) .... but if I get a 2.7 that probably won't be a good commuter vehicle... but I retire soon (like 3 years) so why not ;) LOL. well if I don't make it this year I will probably just rebuild again to different specs!!!!

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, despite all this...I checked prices on flights from Syracuse to Des Moines, they are pretty cheap right now. So, Zach and the gang...let me know what week of 2022 you want me out there!

:LOL: šŸ˜„šŸ¤£

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Zach@Granger

Its been roughly a month since you posted this, is there an updated one for October?

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just cause I like math and everyone has done it before and after my initial postā€¦ day one reservation build:

Big Bend: +20
4 Door: +9
Auto: +2
2.3L: +32
Soft Top: +35
Total: 98

That must mean the rear locker and mid package with built in navigation equals out to at least negative 1.2 million.

I am all but certain I will not see my build this MY. My dealer absolutely sucks. But thatā€™s life. At least I still get to enjoy my old JK longer.
I still wonā€™t see it this year.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger

Its been roughly a month since you posted this, is there an updated one for October?
Soft Top is number 1. I think the rest is just details at this point. The other commodities should be easier to come by with less overall production.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you know if there's still a 2.7L + sasquatch constraint for what's being scheduled this Thursday, Aug. 19th for September 6th production? I'm a day 2 (July 14th) reservation, 4-door,BB, 2.7L, Sasquatch, soft top, Mid, and Towing package. I reached out to my dealer this a.m. and he said only 2.3L/non-sasquatches are being scheduled..... Huh?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you know if there's still a 2.7L + sasquatch constraint for what's being scheduled this Thursday, Aug. 19th for September 6th production? I'm a day 2 (July 14th) reservation, 4-door,BB, 2.7L, Sasquatch, soft top, Mid, and Towing package. I reached out to my dealer this a.m. and he said only 2.3L/non-sasquatches are being scheduled..... Huh?
The only note I was given showed soft tops as the constraint. Nothing about 2.7 or sasquatch.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any way to know the new take rate/percentage of soft tops now that the cat is out of the bag with the MIC debacle?

Last edited:

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only note I was given showed soft tops as the constraint. Nothing about 2.7 or sasquatch.
Is that correct? Now soft tops are a constraint?

Well don't that beat all.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that correct? Now soft tops are a constraint?

Well don't that beat all.
I figured that was comingā€¦they were planning on building 20% soft tops originally, now they are at 100% for a couple of monthsā€¦it was unlikely theyā€™d have enough soft tops themselves to run full output. Everything else was in enough supply that it wonā€™t be limited because production will be so low. So, things will hinge again in Webasto and how many soft tops they will get out the next couple of months.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, you can still do that.
When I talked to Hunter 2 weeks ago he said we couldnā€™t 99, we just made mine ā€œunbuildableā€ for 21 (which once the hardtop plan was announced negated it anyway).
Sponsored