Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I figured that was coming…they were planning on building 20% soft tops originally, now they are at 100% for a couple of months…it was unlikely they’d have enough soft tops themselves to run full output. Everything else was in enough supply that it won’t be limited because production will be so low. So, things will hinge again in Webasto and how many soft tops they will get out the next couple of months.
Yup. And I predict a flurry of people who switched to soft tops now calling their dealers to switch back to hard tops. And adding all the earlier constraint items back in that they removed a month or two ago.

I am grateful that the most important factors (for me) are holding steady: MSRP price protection from Ford and dealership price protection from Granger.

I'm staying the course with my order. I can wait.
Sponsored

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I understand this chart correctly, items that come standard on certain models like the modular bumpers on the Badlands, are not constrained for that model, because demand is less than production capacity, but if you ordered the modular pumper as an accessory, they are constrained. Is this correct?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is that correct? Now soft tops are a constraint?

Well don't that beat all.
Relatively speaking, they are probably the item that would prevent builds at this point. Since that is the only option, constraint would mean when they run out they can't build anything. That number might be 500 a day, who knows.

OffRoader90

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Impala FLEET BABY!!!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I changed my order from a wildtrak high package to a badlands 2.3L Auto/ high with the softop. Day one reservation holder with a converted order on 1/19/2021, i am interested to see if this will actually speed up the process. I wait with cautious optimism with my fellow no vin gang members. Positive Vibes Only.

Reactions: sjp

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I understand this chart correctly, items that come standard on certain models like the modular bumpers on the Badlands, are not constrained for that model, because demand is less than production capacity, but if you ordered the modular pumper as an accessory, they are constrained. Is this correct?
Not really. Number one, this chart is out the window because of the reduced production, and an unknown limit on how many soft tops are available. However, if the chart were still relevant, the modular bumper number is total produced, inclusive of the Badlands and Black Diamond number. So 41% can roll down the line with mod bumper, and of that 41; most of it is taken up by BD and BL builds. You can tell it’s done that way because the USOB number is 65%…so high that it has to include the trim levels that come stock with it.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I dont get people playing the whack a mole game with their builds. Now you get soft top constraints lol.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't understand the point of the Big Bend to be honest and it doesn't surprise me that no one is ordering it.

If you don't want the mid package, it feels like you're just paying 5 grand more for fog lights, a leather steering wheel, an extra GOAT, and rims and tires. the ONLY reason to get big bend besides mid package IMO is if you want the cheapest 4dr manual available, but from what i'm seeing on the forums most stick buyers are also 2dr buyers.

Bert20000

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a new version of Demand vs Capacity Oct or Nov?
Has the hardtop issues allowed for other commodities to catch up?

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't understand the point of the Big Bend to be honest and it doesn't surprise me that no one is ordering it.

If you don't want the mid package, it feels like you're just paying 5 grand more for fog lights, a leather steering wheel, an extra GOAT, and rims and tires. the ONLY reason to get big bend besides mid package IMO is if you want the cheapest 4dr manual available, but from what i'm seeing on the forums most stick buyers are also 2dr buyers.
I'm probably going to order the Big Bend. Four door Mansquatch with the signature lighting.

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting to see the figures, but at the end of the day, without knowing the actual or even estimated timing difference for a sacrifice, and allocations, etc., it still seems like you're just doing Ford a favor to possibly get something less than you desire an indeterminate amount of time sooner

After all this time I'm not budging personally
Agreed. All you have to do to get your Bronco sooner, whatever that abstract statement means with all the nonsense going on, is sacrifice just about every option that made it desirable to you in the first place. Who "wins" with that strategy except Ford? Very definition of "pyrrhic victory".

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm probably going to order the Big Bend. Four door Mansquatch with the signature lighting.
Big bend is the cheapest way to 4dr mansquatch (assuming ford didn't lie). BUT while that is true, explain to me why base is the ONLY trim with different transmission options between 4dr and 2dr besides "starting at" BS.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a totally base 4 door would get built? Is that how I should read this?
This thread was started back in July, 2.5 months ago. I wouldn’t rely on the guidance in the opening post to still be current.
Sponsored