Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You did have the '83 Ranger to kind of judge off of to, there was A LOT of carryover between the two (I am a bit of a first gen Ranger nut)

IMO Covid hosed the Bronco launch.

With the Ranger they invited press to the launch in January of 18 (Ford flew me out there and I am just a mod on a Ranger forum) The launch truck we could take pictures of everything but underneath (and of course the hood stayed shut) Interiors and whatever were open game. Big guys in suits got mad at one press guy who tried to sit in it because parts of the interior were just fiberglass mockups, that is how raw of a preproduction truck it was. The pictures of the interior were all over the internet by all the people they invited to be at the launch. The whole trip was very well planned let alone the launch.

This was posted the night of the launch for example:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/ranger/2019/2019-ford-ranger-first-look-review/

They also had a press deal giving rides new Ranger's in the plant parking lot sometime around October of 2018 when they got the plant set up, and then they did another day where press people got to actually drive them from a to b and they had a offroad course set up in California. They also had showings everywhere but in the midwest for them for the public to see them.

I would have to imagine they had all that and more planned for the Bronco. This year has been a convoluted mess of can we do this/the plant is closed/crap that is OJ's birthday/how many people can be there/how do multiple people play with the same car? Kind of questions. And that is just press/release type stuff...

Same for the Mustang, they know to hype up a launch... its been a wacky year to line that kind of stuff up though.

Michigan has had some of the harsher lockdown stuff which probably hasn't helped anything either.

In theory yes but the Ranger was a VERY slow trickle at first. It wasn't until late last year most dealers had anything resembling a selection of them... and most of the first dealer stock trucks were nothing but Lariats and other high trim models for quite awhile. Hence all the "OMG it costs the same as an F-150!" posts for a great while after they starting hitting lots.
Then you know Phil! Man, he's awesome on the Ranger forums. Would have been so awesome to follow the Ranger racing team back in the day!

It's a bit different if you don't live in the state of Michigan. They had a pre-release event for Ranger here in Seattle that if you had signed up for info then you got invited to sit in/drive a Ranger. The GF did the 2 mile loop.

It was, however, a production unit. Order banks opened a week or so after the event (could have been 2 weeks, it was not far away!).

So ultimately for folks it was a sight-unseen pre-release just like Bronco (Strangely, she got to drive a Ranger, and I got to see the Overland+Filson Bronco's at the Filson event), then take your order and wait....

As for Covid impacts on product launch: Yea, nobody could have guessed that! At least the Mach-E forums have people curious about features/content and understanding events won't go as hoped instead of panning the product non-stop as if Ford is out to get them and crush their personal dreams!
Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, i'm just as shocked and awed as you that a brand-new-to-market vehicle which isn't in production yet doesn't have copious production level photos and documentation available for it! (wait, no i'm not. Because: logic)

Will save you, and more importantly, me, the time of re-posting the inflation adjusted prices from the 1996 Bronco, but adjusting the 6th generation's price via inflation, the price of this vehicle has not moved the needle in the past 24 years. Also, it has a ridiculous level of content now.

If you take the time to find that post, you'll also be informed by others who added income adjustments and other factors showing that a "$40-50K vehicle" in 2020 is no different than a $20,000 vehicle in 2000. You aren't buying a luxury car yet are expecting that happy-ending massage gladly given by some exotic Italian parlor after you drive away in your many-hundreds-of-thousands-of-euro-bespoked-Italian-exotic-sports-car. You're buying a Ford, and an off-road vehicle at that. Save the red carpet for when you (and I) are shopping the high-value stuff.

You are currently in queue for a vehicle which does not exist yet.

We'll assume time is relative and that none of us have a time machine (although Time Cop is a favorite movie of mine!), yes, you are doing the exact same thing that every human being that has ever existed before this moment has done when ordering something which does not exist yet. You're ordering on speculation and without the physical product to see/touch/feel.

I would encourage you to get real ASAP. As in understanding that we're in pre-production.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-production_car

jzs7w[1].jpg
EXACTLY!

OP
OP
coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, i'm just as shocked and awed as you that a brand-new-to-market vehicle which isn't in production yet doesn't have copious production level photos and documentation available for it! (wait, no i'm not. Because: logic)

Will save you, and more importantly, me, the time of re-posting the inflation adjusted prices from the 1996 Bronco, but adjusting the 6th generation's price via inflation, the price of this vehicle has not moved the needle in the past 24 years. Also, it has a ridiculous level of content now.

If you take the time to find that post, you'll also be informed by others who added income adjustments and other factors showing that a "$40-50K vehicle" in 2020 is no different than a $20,000 vehicle in 2000. You aren't buying a luxury car yet are expecting that happy-ending massage gladly given by some exotic Italian parlor after you drive away in your many-hundreds-of-thousands-of-euro-bespoked-Italian-exotic-sports-car. You're buying a Ford, and an off-road vehicle at that. Save the red carpet for when you (and I) are shopping the high-value stuff.

You are currently in queue for a vehicle which does not exist yet.

We'll assume time is relative and that none of us have a time machine (although Time Cop is a favorite movie of mine!), yes, you are doing the exact same thing that every human being that has ever existed before this moment has done when ordering something which does not exist yet. You're ordering on speculation and without the physical product to see/touch/feel.

I would encourage you to get real ASAP. As in understanding that we're in pre-production.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-production_car

jzs7w[1].jpg
You won something, I guess. Congratulations!

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate that you posted this. I think we all get adrenaline from trying to uncover new pictures and information, but quickly forget that we should have more than that by now. We get caught up in the excitement.

Statements from Ford like “no pictures of the interior” or “this is preproduction” are not really acceptable anymore. Most people will get their orders completed in late December, early January. We need high resolution pictures of all colors and trims. We need in person material samples. Hopefully Ford can get it together over the next month and provide good content.

I’m lucky enough to live near Arizona, so I’ll be at the Off Road Expo in Scottsdale to look at some production models. I hope anyone who’s still on the fence is able to see them in person too.
When and where is that event ?

Sponsored

P.C

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Silverado, 1952 Chev 3100, 2016 Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I wind through this process personally, I’m contrasting now with the last time I special ordered a new vehicle. It was actually also a new model Bronco. The first “big” Bronco we called it. 1978 model. With almost no information in hand, just a dealer brochure And a couple magazine articles with some photos of pre production trucks I placed an order for my dream Bronco. Loaded XLT
for $10,000 out the door. Expensive unit then. Was a real “shot in the dark” order for me. Turned out I loved that truck and kept it a long time. Contrast that with today and the information we have available to make an order decision. Makes my choice easy, but I understand everyone doesn’t feel the same way. I’m just excited to sort of “replay” something I did 43 years ago.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
. I can't just take Ford's word on this with a $30K-$60K decision.
Then don't . Please step aside and let others that will be happy move up in line .

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You did have the '83 Ranger to kind of judge off of too, there was A LOT of carryover between the two (I am a bit of a first gen Ranger nut)

I
Yep, and I test drove one, which convinced me to get the 4 spd in the BII rather than the 5 spd. That carburated 2.8 didn't have enough power to pull that Ranger in OD. In 86 I ordered one of the first Supercab Rangers with the EFI 2.9, loved that truck!!

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, that's my plan, I hope the independent reviews come out before the deadline to convert the reservation to an order, but as you say there are plenty who will be willing if not. Your welcome. ;)

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs