TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm new to the process but it does sometimes feel less like Ford, a major car manufacturer, is making/releasing this Bronco but more like a college class group project team is handling it. I've been lucky to see it in person a couple times now and I'll see it again soon but that's definitely not the majority. And even seeing random mixed builds in person in a parking lot at night doesn't help answer all the simple questions we have about the interior and whatnot. It is strange that Ford hasn't done professional pictures of real interiors and release the accessory & late availability list already. I will say this though, once you do see it in person, a sense of calm kinda falls over you. Like a big stress is lifted off you haha. Still, lots of simple questions that could've/ should've been answered already are still unanswered.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
At the risk of getting Rick Rolled...

I ordered an 84 Bronco II before any were on the streets and the (paper) brochure had only pictures of real, existing Broncos. I would think they could do the same with the Gallery. Not the B&P as I understand not all configurations exist yet.

As far as price: I agree the current offering is a value. I paid $10,800 (I think MSRP was about $12K) for my stripped '84. One equipped as the current Base would have probably been around $15K. Using the rule of 72 that equates to an inflation rate of about 2% per annum, not bad.
No need to print pics of the AM/FM radio, passenger side rear view mirror or carpet in that BII you ordered! (Unless the BII had some luxury items in '84 that I forgot about)

That, for some reason, this community thinks Ford will not be producing production-quality vehicles for high resolution photographs boggles my mind.

Again using Ranger as the most apples-to-apples comparison we have, there WILL be high resolution photographs. There WILL be press drives of production rigs with reviews (Once they lift the press embargo).

However, there will NOT be high resolution production vehicle photos until a production vehicle is produced (mind = blown!)

Also, that $12K MRSP base Bronco II in 1984 dollars equals $30K in today's bucks.... Now what Bronco is about $30K delivered???? Uhhhhhhhhh, I think it's the First Edition Base!

I bet they rolled out the red carpet to that Bronco sign-N-drive (because there weren't carpets in the vehicle!).

Ford Bronco Serious question:  Is this all we get? 1606244570303

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As we inch closer to order time, is this all we get? Seriously. Random pics here and there of exterior and interior shots that look a lot different than the B&P computer pics.

If I’m seriously going to order a 40-50k vehicle, I want to see all of the comparable options, side by side, in an orderly way.

Are we just ordering blindly and hoping for the best? Would it be that much trouble for Ford to make one of each color and take good pics of them, and at least pick one color and show what all trims would look like? Same with real interior shots.

The time for secret spy shots is over. It’s time to get real.
They haven't started building production vehicles yet. If they did and something changed and they didn't tell the world then people would go bonkers and throw a fit again.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Again using Ranger as the most apples-to-apples comparison we have, there WILL be high resolution photographs. There WILL be press drives of production rigs with reviews (Once they lift the press embargo).
Not exactly apples-to-apples.

You could buy a Ranger of the lot when they came out. Sure you could order one but, unlike the Bronco, it wasn't the only option.

If you didn't like the media that Ford released for the Ranger you could just wait and see one on the lot and purchase it then. That's not exactly a timely option for a Bronco.

It is super simple though. Either Ford has given enough information for you to buy one or not. You don't have to order one right now. But I would like to see some more media or a Bronco that is closer to what I, the customer, will actually receive.

Ford changed the process to purchase but did not change the process to view the vehicle.

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I am trying not to be too critical of Ford on this forum lately, here it is.

It's 2020, and it really seems like Covid set Ford way backwards technologically to 1920. Did their computers turn off or get covid infections? With the number of staff Ford has, that should supposedly have laptops working at home, I'm super surprised by the lack in this rollout in 2020. Customers expect ORGANIZED details, photos, videos of everything. It's not really that hard. And for everyone who says we are entitled for thinking this way, who cares? It's up to Ford to understand the consumer they are marketing towards, not the other way around.

Addition: Anyone who says blah blah it's hard and we couldn't have seen this disease coming and it's hard for companies. Wrong. There's entire departments at big companies whos sole job is to plan for Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity. I work with businesses who covid didn't really impact at all, we just had them go home and they are productively working on laptops at home because we planned for disasters.

To me it just all feels wrong. It feels like Ford doesn't know North from South, while they do have a great product here.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They haven't started building production vehicles yet. If they did and something changed and they didn't tell the world then people would go bonkers and throw a fit again.
Shoeless and Rick: True they haven't built "production" vehicles yet, but they have run several production trim levels in several production colors off the MAP line and I would think they could get official photos of these on the website.

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ordering is less than 2 weeks away and I tend to agree. I WILL be placing my order, but, IMO...FORD should now be posting accurate photos of the vehicle that is planned for production....as accurate as possible. Same with options, etc. B&P photos, all media photos should reflect the same. We MUST know what we are getting, specifics as we make selections when ordering.
Alot of folks will be ordering and hoping for the best! But also, hope for the best, but plan for the worst! Alot of folks will also be walking away from their Bronco after it arrives at the dealership and get a chance to put hands on it and take it for a test drive, there are going to be Broncos on the lots next summer, and I would guess with adjusted markups as well

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's pretty simple at this point. If you have one on reserve and feel you don't have enough information, photos, etc., then you either take a chance and order or you cancel your reservation and wait until next year when you'll have everything you need. You still can place your order and if you don't like it upon delivery, simply don't buy it.

As for me, I wish I had more info as well, but I have enough to place my order and I'm freaking excited!

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@LEGEND said they haven't built a Bronco in about a month and that only a few of that first batch were still at the plant (corret me if I am wrong @LEGEND). I am going to take a guess and say that event they have planned at the begging of DEC is going to show a lot of stuff. Most of it we already know but maybe we will get some better photos. If they showed some more on interiors, gave us an update on tops, and talked details about rims and suspension I would be totally fine ordering.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I stood next to 2 Broncos at Super Cel East. Nice looking rigs. Especially the black 2 door BL on 33’s. That was all I needed to get me to order.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

You could buy a Ranger of the lot when they came out. Sure you could order one but, unlike the Bronco, it wasn't the only option.

If you didn't like the media that Ford released for the Ranger you could just wait and see one on the lot and purchase it then. That's not exactly a timely option for a Bronco.

It is super simple though. Either Ford has given enough information for you to buy one or not. You don't have to order one right now. But I would like to see some more media or a Bronco that is closer to what I, the customer, will actually receive.

Ford changed the process to purchase but did not change the process to view the vehicle.
You could do the exact same thing for Ranger that you can do with Bronco, which is why it's apples-to-apples:

• Pre-order exactly the build/vehicle you want and wait for delivery
    • We pre-ordered and took delivery of one of the first few Super Cab Lariats made. Dealerships weren't ordering Super Cabs and still don't. (approximately a 20:1 ratio)
    • We couldn't have purchased our vehicle within the first 1.5 years of production. I've seen exactly 0 identical-build vehicles on the Ranger forum. Bronco will complicate this massively with it's higher trim/content variability
  • Wait for a dealership to have what you want for sale
    • Dealerships order what will sell. Base/mid trim in black/white/silver, if that's your jam, then the world is your oyster!
    • Plenty of Bronco's will be for sale on showroom floors as people back out of their order or have financing denied.
      • Every single one of those Bronco's will have $5-10K of ADM added, nobody is stopping you from snapping one of those up.
    • Rangers showed up to local dealerships with ~$5K of ADM for the first 6 months of production and inventory was either 0 or 1 unit on the lot each quarter. This will be close to Bronco dependent on number of reservations and completed transactions.
For you, if you want to wait and see/touch/feel exactly the build you want, you need only order your rig with late-delivery or MY22 options. Then wait it out and that entire wait you can go to dealerships and see/touch/feel the Broncos that are coming in to better make your decision if you cancel or retain your order, or change it to remove the late-delivery options.

Shoeless and Rick: True they haven't built "production" vehicles yet, but they have run several production trim levels in several production colors off the MAP line and I would think they could get official photos of these on the website.
When they run them off the line in full production capacity then they will have the rigs for taking pics for the website and media. Having pre-production niggling issues and pre-production content (Even off the MAP line as they fine-tune manufacturing and dial in the parts suppliers quality) has clearly caused a frothy head of self-imposed misery on the "I demand everything now" culture. Ford seems to have learned to have no content than try your best to get pre-production content out and get berated for it.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At the risk of getting Rick Rolled...

I ordered an 84 Bronco II before any were on the streets and the (paper) brochure had only pictures of real, existing Broncos. I would think they could do the same with the Gallery. Not the B&P as I understand not all configurations exist yet.

As far as price: I agree the current offering is a value. I paid $10,800 (I think MSRP was about $12K) for my stripped '84. One equipped as the current Base would have probably been around $15K. Using the rule of 72 that equates to an inflation rate of about 2% per annum, not bad.
You did have the '83 Ranger to kind of judge off of too, there was A LOT of carryover between the two (I am a bit of a first gen Ranger nut)

No need to print pics of the AM/FM radio, passenger side rear view mirror or carpet in that BII you ordered! (Unless the BII had some luxury items in '84 that I forgot about)

That, for some reason, this community thinks Ford will not be producing production-quality vehicles for high resolution photographs boggles my mind.

However, there will NOT be high resolution production vehicle photos until a production vehicle is produced (mind = blown!)

Also, that $12K MRSP base Bronco II in 1984 dollars equals $30K in today's bucks.... Now what Bronco is about $30K delivered???? Uhhhhhhhhh, I think it's the First Edition Base!

I bet they rolled out the red carpet to that Bronco sign-N-drive (because there weren't carpets in the vehicle!).
IMO Covid hosed the Bronco launch.

With the Ranger they invited press to the launch in January of 18 (Ford flew me out there and I am just a mod on a Ranger forum) The launch truck we could take pictures of everything but underneath (and of course the hood stayed shut) Interiors and whatever were open game. Big guys in suits got mad at one press guy who tried to sit in it because parts of the interior were just fiberglass mockups, that is how raw of a preproduction truck it was. The pictures of the interior were all over the internet by all the people they invited to be at the launch. The whole trip was very well planned let alone the launch.

This was posted the night of the launch for example:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/ranger/2019/2019-ford-ranger-first-look-review/

They also had a press deal giving rides new Ranger's in the plant parking lot sometime around October of 2018 when they got the plant set up, and then they did another day where press people got to actually drive them from a to b and they had a offroad course set up in California. They also had showings everywhere but in the midwest for them for the public to see them.

I would have to imagine they had all that and more planned for the Bronco. This year has been a convoluted mess of can we do this/the plant is closed/crap that is OJ's birthday/how many people can be there/how do multiple people play with the same car? Kind of questions. And that is just press/release type stuff...

Same for the Mustang, they know to hype up a launch... its been a wacky year to line that kind of stuff up though.

Michigan has had some of the harsher lockdown stuff which probably hasn't helped anything either.

In theory yes but the Ranger was a VERY slow trickle at first. It wasn't until late last year most dealers had anything resembling a selection of them... and most of the first dealer stock trucks were nothing but Lariats and other high trim models for quite awhile. Hence all the "OMG it costs the same as an F-150!" posts for a great while after they starting hitting lots.

Last edited:

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of great points here my fellow Bronco fans. The purpose of this vehicle is to be an offroad juggernaut, while generating nostalgia with its modern styling of old school design. Yes, we don't have a molecular level analysis backed with one thousand high-definition pics of each facet and detail. However: don't kid yourself, you know what your getting... and it's okay to wait if you're that unsure about it. You can always just leave it on the lot for the next prospective buyer out there!

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could do the exact same thing for Ranger that you can do with Bronco, which is why it's apples-to-apples:

• Pre-order exactly the build/vehicle you want and wait for delivery
    • We pre-ordered and took delivery of one of the first few Super Cab Lariats made. Dealerships weren't ordering Super Cabs and still don't. (approximately a 20:1 ratio)
    • We couldn't have purchased our vehicle within the first 1.5 years of production. I've seen exactly 0 identical-build vehicles on the Ranger forum. Bronco will complicate this massively with it's higher trim/content variability
  • Wait for a dealership to have what you want for sale
    • Dealerships order what will sell. Base/mid trim in black/white/silver, if that's your jam, then the world is your oyster!
    • Plenty of Bronco's will be for sale on showroom floors as people back out of their order or have financing denied.
      • Every single one of those Bronco's will have $5-10K of ADM added, nobody is stopping you from snapping one of those up.
    • Rangers showed up to local dealerships with ~$5K of ADM for the first 6 months of production and inventory was either 0 or 1 unit on the lot each quarter. This will be close to Bronco dependent on number of reservations and completed transactions.
For you, if you want to wait and see/touch/feel exactly the build you want, you need only order your rig with late-delivery or MY22 options. Then wait it out and that entire wait you can go to dealerships and see/touch/feel the Broncos that are coming in to better make your decision if you cancel or retain your order, or change it to remove the late-delivery options.

When they run them off the line in full production capacity then they will have the rigs for taking pics for the website and media. Having pre-production niggling issues and pre-production content (Even off the MAP line as they fine-tune manufacturing and dial in the parts suppliers quality) has clearly caused a frothy head of self-imposed misery on the "I demand everything now" culture. Ford seems to have learned to have no content than try your best to get pre-production content out and get berated for it.
very well said.
Sponsored