Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do we need to email them or is Serramonte going to let every know? I'm afraid because I have a 7/19 .... hard to believe but that's a "late" reservation.
Email [email protected] and I'll give you your place in line. I sent an outline email on the 13th, but it didn't have reservation detail.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sean, are you still accepting dealer switches with x-plan honored pricing. Last update was the cutoff was end of Dec, so I wanted to see if I can still switch and get the 6G deal.
We're still accepting switches at MSRP as our special has ended.

Chucko

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element, 4Runner, 2 Door Mitsu Montero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Gloff I wanted to ask that for B6G members that already have existing reservations with Serramonte for x-plan pricing whose orders end up putting us into the 2022 MY, will the x-plan pricing we have still apply to ordering MY 2022?

OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Gloff I wanted to ask that for B6G members that already have existing reservations with Serramonte for x-plan pricing whose orders end up putting us into the 2022 MY, will the x-plan pricing we have still apply to ordering MY 2022?
Yes, absolutely.

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Gloff I have a question that you may be able to answer. If we convert a reservation to an order knowing we have essentially all the items on the "late availability" list in our build, would we be able to change that order to a MY22 in the summer once MY22 colors, packages, etc... is announced? Or a better question would be that if we have all the late availability items in our build, do you think that is going to be a MY22 anyway based on what you know about your allocations, etc... knowing its dependent on your reservation holders converting to orders?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Gloff I have a question that you may be able to answer. If we convert a reservation to an order knowing we have essentially all the items on the "late availability" list in our build, would we be able to change that order to a MY22 in the summer once MY22 colors, packages, etc... is announced? Or a better question would be that if we have all the late availability items in our build, do you think that is going to be a MY22 anyway based on what you know about your allocations, etc... knowing its dependent on your reservation holders converting to orders?
No, if the order is buildable for 21 and gets picked, I can't back it out. However, if you have a lot of late avail options and you're borderline for a 21, it may not get picked, then at that point we'll have to re order it as a 22.

Edit: I'll have to look at your position in the queue an I'll PM you

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, if the order is buildable for 21 and gets picked, I can't back it out. However, if you have a lot of late avail options and you're borderline for a 21, it may not get picked, then at that point we'll have to re order it as a 22.

Edit: I'll have to look at your position in the queue an I'll PM you
Sounds good. Let me know. Appreciate it very much! (y)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Gloff.... you may have seen there is a little debate about conversion vs allocations.

Is your plan to convert ALL your reservations by the deadline into the Ford Ordering system and let Ford sort them out, or are you only going to actually enter in X number and then the rest later down the line?

OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Gloff.... you may have seen there is a little debate about conversion vs allocations.

Is your plan to convert ALL your reservations by the deadline into the Ford Ordering system and let Ford sort them out, or are you only going to actually enter in X number and then the rest later down the line?
I have not seen that discussion. We are going to convert as many pre-9/18 reservations as possible, as those are the ones that impact our allocation. We can't just only convert the number of projected allocations, as that would make us miss on some allocation, Ford can only build in the commodity constraints. As such, we need to actually have more orders in than our allocation so that they can schedule as many that fit the supply chain. Those that don't make the cut for 2021 keep their timestamp for 2022s.

I hope that make sense.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have not seen that discussion. We are going to convert as many pre-9/18 reservations as possible, as those are the ones that impact our allocation. We can't just only convert the number of projected allocations, as that would make us miss on some allocation, Ford can only build in the commodity constraints. As such, we need to actually have more orders in than our allocation so that they can schedule as many that fit the supply chain. Those that don't make the cut for 2021 keep their timestamp for 2022s.

I hope that make sense.
Perfect. There was a debate that Reservations could not be coverted to an order unless there was an "allocation" spot to go with it.

Which has lead many to believe that dealers can now pick and choose who gets into their Allocation bucket based on preference instead of reservation. (e.g. I'm going to leave out a first day reservation so my buddy who has 4 week reservation gets one instead)

Of course right now the wasp nest is I guess some dealers are converting to orders before clearing it with the customer and locking them into something they didn't authorize... very hot topic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Perfect. There was a debate that Reservations could not be coverted to an order unless there was an "allocation" spot to go with it.

Which has lead many to believe that dealers can now pick and choose who gets into their Allocation bucket based on preference instead of reservation. (e.g. I'm going to leave out a first day reservation so my buddy who has 4 week reservation gets one instead)

Of course right now the wasp nest is I guess some dealers are converting to orders before clearing it with the customer and locking them into something they didn't authorize... very hot topic.
Yeah, it's out of necessity, it takes 15-20 min after I convert it for it to show up in the order system. I'm checking with each customer before conversion, but some dealers are assuming the customer is going to convert.

Some dealers have so many reservations, it would be impossible to get everyone in if they waited till the customer is in the store to process the conversion part. My plan is to contact to set the order appointment and convert prior to customer arrival so I can actually submit the order.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, it's out of necessity, it takes 15-20 min after I convert it for it to show up in the order system. I'm checking with each customer before conversion, but some dealers are assuming the customer is going to convert.

Some dealers have so many reservations, it would be impossible to get everyone in if they waited till the customer is in the store to process the conversion part. My plan is to contact to set the order appointment and convert prior to customer arrival so I can actually submit the order.
We can still change our trim if you "pre-order" right? Cuz my res is for an Obx but I'm going WT. (Which is what I put on my b&P printout I sent)

OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We can still change our trim if you "pre-order" right? Cuz my res is for an Obx but I'm going WT. (Which is what I put on my b&P printout I sent)
Yes, you can change trim until it schedules
Sponsored