First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now they say they’ve tracked it to a bad wheel speed sensor. Wheel speed sensors are back ordered. Anyone know where I can get my hands on one?
Mine is intermittently showing the same codes. Did you ever get this figured out?
Sponsored

OP
OP
brianpgreen

brianpgreen

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is intermittently showing the same codes. Did you ever get this figured out?
The dealer determined that it was a bad wheel speed/abs sensor. They’ve ordered one for me but it’s back ordered and not here yet. I haven’t had the errors since I last picked it up from them so I’m not 100% confident they have it correct.

The following is my guess but I am fully not qualified so take it with a grain of salt. I have some suspicion that it wasn’t in there tight and got dirty when we had a bunch of snow/dirty slush. I’m wondering if they cleaned it up while they were diagnosing the problem and that’s why I haven’t had an issue since. I saw someone mention on here that one of the offrodeo staff said something about dusty wheel speed sensors causing issues which is what lead me to this guess. I saw another member say they had a similar problem with this sensor not being tightened properly.

Good luck. Please let me know if you learn anything more.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer determined that it was a bad wheel speed/abs sensor. They’ve ordered one for me but it’s back ordered and not here yet. I haven’t had the errors since I last picked it up from them so I’m not 100% confident they have it correct.

The following is my guess but I am fully not qualified so take it with a grain of salt. I have some suspicion that it wasn’t in there tight and got dirty when we had a bunch of snow/dirty slush. I’m wondering if they cleaned it up while they were diagnosing the problem and that’s why I haven’t had an issue since. I saw someone mention on here that one of the offrodeo staff said something about dusty wheel speed sensors causing issues which is what lead me to this guess. I saw another member say they had a similar problem with this sensor not being tightened properly.

Good luck. Please let me know if you learn anything more.
Do we know where the sensor is?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
brianpgreen

brianpgreen

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we know where the sensor is?
If you search wheel speed sensor on YouTube you'll find quite a few videos. I haven't crawled under to look but it seems like they're fairly similar from one vehicle to another.

Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you search wheel speed sensor on YouTube you'll find quite a few videos. I haven't crawled under to look but it seems like they're fairly similar from one vehicle to another.
Thanks. I found this about the T6 Ranger out of Australia which shows the R&R of it:

shillelagh45

Base
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same issues last night. Probably shouldn't have done the car wash at 6 degrees. Everything was ok today .

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I got it into the garage and thawed it out.

Errors gone.

Seems like it's a little finicky if it can't get 3" of snow on it without losing all the functions that assist you driving in the snow.

I will say I had zero trouble without all the bells and whistles but it'd be nice to have ABS at least.
have faith, I drove thru a record breaking snow storm this year and I had not 1 fault... my buddy in his shiny new Rivian? had more issues than what you are experiencing.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
have faith, I drove thru a record breaking snow storm this year and I had not 1 fault... my buddy in his shiny new Rivian? had more issues than what you are experiencing.
What kind of issues did the Rivian display

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What kind of issues did the Rivian display
If needed a system reset to switch into 4wd and when it did they were stuck on the side of the road, in the snow, at night, with no power and in the pitch black for about an hour

Sponsored
OP
OP
brianpgreen

brianpgreen

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Total faith. I haven't had an issue since the last trip to the dealer. We'll see if it comes back when it snows again. I'm certain it'll get fixed in the end.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well I started with just parking brake fault. But today I got the rest of them with it.

I'll be heading to the dealer next week.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Found out I could reproduce it pretty consistently today. I was hanging in my car often, so I would sit there with the accy on until it timed out, then maybe 5minutes later Id hear an audible click from the driver footwell.

then when I went to start the car, Id say the brake pedal felt slightly strange, and when I started it, Id feel and hear a noticeable clunk in the brake pedal (you can hear it in the first second of the video) and then come all the warnings. looks like the parking brake fails to automatically release, though it will release if I push the button or shift into drive.

See what ford says on Tuesday since I'm sure it will be on its best behavior when I get there :p

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Found out I could reproduce it pretty consistently today. I was hanging in my car often, so I would sit there with the accy on until it timed out, then maybe 5minutes later Id hear an audible click from the driver footwell.

then when I went to start the car, Id say the brake pedal felt slightly strange, and when I started it, Id feel and hear a noticeable clunk in the brake pedal (you can hear it in the first second of the video) and then come all the warnings. looks like the parking brake fails to automatically release, though it will release if I push the button or shift into drive.

See what ford says on Tuesday since I'm sure it will be on its best behavior when I get there :p

@Ares, did you ever get a resolution from dealer service regarding this “issue”? I experienced the same thing you described today.

ChrisR

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey brianpgreen. Wondering if you have an update. I have similar issues. Just brought my OBX to the dealer and they have no idea what’s causing it. It is clear to me that this only happens when the car is sitting in the cold (around 32degress). In addition to getting the pre-collision warning and parking break error messages, , nothing in the steering wheel consol works and i cannot control the GOAT mode dial. So, on a cold day, with snow perhaps, if i have to put the vehicle in 4WD, I cant. And if I’m turning and want to use the turn signal, I cant. Now, the “sort-of“ good news is that after 10-15 minutes of the car warming up it miraculously all goes away. And now that its spring I haven’t had teh problem. Last time it happened was March 30th. All-in, this has happened 13 times over this past winter

the Dealer first suggested that I wait for this to happen again and bring it in. Thanks, see you in November. When pressed they called the engineers at Ford HQ and were told, again the next time it happens, I should disconnect the battery and do something with some cables, etc, blah, blah. I tuned out after “next time it happens again”. Since it looks like you last dealt with this in teh fall of 21, I’m curious if your problem is solved.

Thx
Sponsored