Service department reimbursement

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My service department has had my bronco for a month due to a NON backorder Ed paint pen.
I received my bronco with a wet floor. Likely due to them running it through the wash, before purchase, resulting in water leaking and running down the a piller; known tsd. I waiting a month for the parts to have them realize they didn’t have a paint pen to touch up. They ordered this available pen but it was shipped usps so it could take up to 2 weeks they say. My response, order a new pen and whip over night. Well still no pen week 3. So they discuss their body shop doing it but trying to figure out how to get ford to pay. Well, just checked and the bronco hasn’t moved. They said they want to get it out asap as it is taking up a bay.

does anyone know if they get reimbursed by ford for it taking up a bay? I’m starting to think they do, and they don’t have enough mechanics anyway. So they have no reason to move this along.
So frustrated,
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
does anyone know if they get reimbursed by ford for it taking up a bay? I’m starting to think they do, and they don’t have enough mechanics anyway. So they have no reason to move this along.
So frustrated,
Why would Ford pay them for not working on a vehicle?? It seems that most dealerships don't even like to perform warranty work because of the locked in rates.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good question! I am at a loss here. Why would a dealer not have the paint overnighted or mix paint. Just ridiculous!!!

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your dealer may unfortunately be caught up in a hazmat or orm situation. Paint and other materials can't be airfreighted and warranty usually won't pay for freight. The way things are now, the usual is the unusual. UPS next day air from some locations to my Deere dealer is now 2 days. I know your situation sucks and a feel for you but this seems to be the new reality in all industries.
Sponsored