Sponsored

Sets of Diode Dynamics Sharing Backlight Switch?

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m looking at having multiple sets of Diode Dynamics lights, e.g., SS3 ditch, SSC1 accessory lights, and SSC2s on a roof rack. Regardless of how many DD sets, is there a way their backlight can share the same Aux switch? Otherwise, I’m going to run out of switches real fast.

@Diode Dynamics
Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t see why not. I assume they’re low draw and if I’m remembering correctly they have a dedicated wire for this. Should easily be able to bundle them up to one feed (switch) and the ground should be a shared common already with the regular light

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes just wire all the Back-lit controls to the same wire. Easy peazy.

If you go with one of our fog kits, our harness already ties the 3 pairs of fog lights into 1 back-light control wire (available on our site).

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m looking at having multiple sets of Diode Dynamics lights, e.g., SS3 ditch, SSC1 accessory lights, and SSC2s on a roof rack. Regardless of how many DD sets, is there a way their backlight can share the same Aux switch? Otherwise, I’m going to run out of switches real fast.

@Diode Dynamics
Yep! Just like 4x4 Truck LEDs and drew707 said, They can all be bundled and put on the same switch!

OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep! Just like 4x4 Truck LEDs and drew707 said, They can all be bundled and put on the same switch!
Thanks @Diode Dynamics. Would you also say that SS3s and SSC1s or 2s could be bundled on the same main beam Aux switch? If so, which ones would work based on the amps used? Clearly trying not to use up all my switches.

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks @Diode Dynamics. Would you also say that SS3s and SSC1s or 2s could be bundled on the same main beam Aux switch? If so, which ones would work based on the amps used? Clearly trying not to use up all my switches.
You could do this, but you would need put some failsafes place. Please reach out to us at [email protected], or give us a call at 314-205-3033 M-F CST, and we will be happy to help get you more information on how to do it!

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is this backlight for? The DD video is mentioned for general use. But what are you using it for? VS the main light?

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is this backlight for? The DD video is mentioned for general use. But what are you using it for? VS the main light?
Aesthetics for most people. Sometimes turn signals or brake lights.

I use them as plow light flashers.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't think I needed the backlights, but opted for them anyway and I'm glad I did, simply from an aesthetics purpose. They look great backlit in the bumper and serve absolutely no utility. I am glad, however, that I didn't get backlights on my ditch lights as that might look weird and may not even be legal in some cases.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All mine are wired to one uplifter. Rears and grill included. Running ambers in the front and did red for the rear. Light bar back lights will be hooked to the same if oracle ever gets that light made. If not diodes will be going up top.
Ford Bronco Sets of Diode Dynamics Sharing Backlight Switch? 2301B9B4-A99D-4C72-A8E7-9062630F81B1
Ford Bronco Sets of Diode Dynamics Sharing Backlight Switch? 54115C5D-1D37-429A-ACF5-AC569FC1B0C5
Ford Bronco Sets of Diode Dynamics Sharing Backlight Switch? 1F4F984D-1858-4E7F-9294-D679CD69B008
Ford Bronco Sets of Diode Dynamics Sharing Backlight Switch? D0C0E9A1-6D4F-4142-BDE6-80270F373749

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All mine are wired to one uplifter. Rears and grill included. Running ambers in the front and did red for the rear. Light bar back lights will be hooked to the same if oracle ever gets that light made. If not diodes will be going up top.
Ford Bronco Sets of Diode Dynamics Sharing Backlight Switch? D0C0E9A1-6D4F-4142-BDE6-80270F373749
Looks great! How did you put lights in the rear bumper? Is it a steel bumper, right? And what color you have for each of your lights when they are not in the backlight mode?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! How did you put lights in the rear bumper? Is it a steel bumper, right? And what color you have for each of your lights when they are not in the backlight mode?
Lights are all white. Then I got the amber and smoke clip on covers. Using smokes on all the fronts right now. So smoke covers for the city, amber covers for the winter/dust, and whites for nighttime looking around. Covers all my bases. First 2 pics is smoke covers on. Last pic is no covers, just the actual backlight.

Rear bumper is metal. There is a post on here for adding the ss1’s to the rear. Have to cut the metal out but they fit nicely in the spot he chose.

Found the post.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/diode-dynamics-ss1-flush-mounted-in-steel-rear-bumper.45510/

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You could do this, but you would need put some failsafes place. Please reach out to us at [email protected], or give us a call at 314-205-3033 M-F CST, and we will be happy to help get you more information on how to do it!
I put the elites in my bumper and t tapped into the headlight harness wire like in the video. I really like it because the backlights comes on automatically when the car starts or you unlock and you don't have to think about it or use a switch. Could you t tap into the same harness wire for other backlighting needs or would it be too much of an ask from the one wire?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My plan is to use them for when I want some increased visibility (people seeing me), but I don't need additional lighting to help me see.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My plan is to use them for when I want some increased visibility (people seeing me), but I don't need additional lighting to help me see.
One thing I consider to use it potentially is a night photography. Could be cool :D

EV5D6507.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 5.59.00 PM.png
Sponsored