Sponsored

Setting Factory Alarm AND Leaving Doors UNLOCKED?

BigShow

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door | 2004 Porsche 996
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a great Forum! Like many of you, been (not so) patiently waiting on the new Bronco since Ford started talking about the release over 6 years ago. This has been the best place to get factual information and updates!

I switched my Badlands order from the MIC top to the soft top, in an effort to speed up the build and after the September wiring and plumbing change was made. Is it possible to set the factory alarm and leave the doors unlocked??

My goal is to avoid a thief from damaging the top to get in the vehicle, while still having some sort of protection from teh factory alarm. Been reading the owenrs manual and can only find where the alarm is set when the doors are locked from the remote. Any ideas?

Ford Bronco Setting Factory Alarm AND Leaving Doors UNLOCKED? 1633656075053
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Leave the second remote in the glovebox or add the keypad entry and leave the code in plain sight?

Although Broncos do not to my knowledge have unlock by touching door handle feature my BMW has but on a travel we went into a service plaza, I locked, keyfob in my pocket, but my wife left hers in her purse in the car and scared the crap out of me worried until we got back to it right where we left it

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Leave the soft top flipped back and/or a window rolled down? I guess that could work if it’s not raining.
Otherwise don’t leave anything laying around in plain sight, thieves tend to go for easy stuff and they probably won’t bother cutting your soft top if they can’t see anything to steal

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Huh? That makes no sense to me. The Alarm that comes in the Bronco is only a "door alarm". So it will only go off when someone opens a door.

So turning it on, locked or unlocked means people would need to go through your top to not set it off.

If your plan is to just make it easier for someone to steal your stuff, without damaging your car, then leave your windows down. That's your only real option.

I had heard, that in San Francisco, people were being told to do just that when parking and parking garages so that homeless wouldn't break their windows to get to the inside.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As far as I know, cutting the soft top to break in isn’t much of a thing, probably as common as smashing a window. I would think leaving the doors unlocked would be more tempting, there are thieves that would open a door but would not go as far as to cut a hole

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just leave the doors off and make the path of least resistance glaringly obvious.
Sponsored