Sponsored

Severe Duty Tire Rod Kit Part Number & Availability (From Wildtrack / Raptor)?

BroncoBLCG

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've scoured the internet and have yet to see a release date or Ford part numbers?

I see the Wildtrack / Raptor are coming out with them from the factory.

I see a number of sleeves but looking to do this once vs sleeves then revisit down the road.
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We have the part numbers and they are posted, but they are not available from Ford quite yet.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we have any details on precisely what is different about the HOSS 3.0 and Raptor tie rods?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The racks are different on these too. Part prices are nearly double, the part numbers for these are backordered right now and no one knows if they'll bolt onto the older style racks. The talk was this is essentially a F150 rack so I ordered all three styles of these inners to see if they work with Bronco. They were too long, rack thread too big or outer thread too large.

OP
OP

BroncoBLCG

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought that Ford Performance was going to release a kit for Bronco's?

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I thought that Ford Performance was going to release a kit for Bronco's?
That's what was stated back around SEMA, but it's up in the air at the moment.

I had discussions with a person at Ford Performance about the sever duty rack, Hoss 3.0 rack and it's related 'beefed' up tie rods and such. I also asked if there was any chance of the sever duty rack or the Hoss 3.0 set up being offered as a performance package 'upgrade' for other Bronco models.

The best answers I could get were that the sever rack availability is still to be announced and the 'upgrade package' is something that's been kicked around but couldn't answer whether it was under consideration or not.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am curious how those severe duty racks hold up after people start lifting them with bigger tires. Definitely am curious to see one too. Not sure if any other upgrades, but the word is it’s basically the same rack with beefy rods and the Broncbuster bushing. However, if true, it won’t still hold up well long term with lift+big tires because of the passenger side.

The racks are different on these too. Part prices are nearly double, the part numbers for these are backordered right now and no one knows if they'll bolt onto the older style racks. The talk was this is essentially a F150 rack so I ordered all three styles of these inners to see if they work with Bronco. They were too long, rack thread too big or outer thread too large.
Doing the Lord’s work as always.

Just to clarify, you tried to fit f150 inners on a regular Bronco rack?

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am curious how those severe duty racks hold up after people start lifting them with bigger tires. Definitely am curious to see one too. Not sure if any other upgrades, but the word is it’s basically the same rack with beefy rods and the Broncbuster bushing. However, if true, it won’t still hold up well long term with lift+big tires because of the passenger side.

Doing the Lord’s work as always.

Just to clarify, you tried to fit f150 inners on a regular Bronco rack?
Just purchased to compare and found even the standard duty are too long. Others have the wrong thread stub on the rack side or rod is too large in diameter for the bronco outers.
Sponsored