Sponsored

Sexier Wheels and Tires for my non-Sas OBX?

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My weekend off-road tires are the 32.5" Milestar Patagonia M/T (295/70R17) on the RTR Tech 6 (17x9 +30). These tires weigh 64# each.

Tires were $206 each from Discount Tire
Wheels were $229 each from RTR
$435 per corner, $1740 total.

I am also leaning towards 295/70r17 for my RTR wheels but KO2s. Do you think that is about the limit on a non-sas OBX without any suspension mods? Since ours will be my wife's daily with 3 kids in tow I am not comfortable removing the crash bars but I do want the largest functional tire possible lol.

I think it may boil down to 295/70r17 to get started then 35s down the road as suspension lifts and levels make their way to the market.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Discount Tire has been adding new options for stock Broncos. The Nitto Exo Grapplers (285/70-r18) appear to fit the 18" wheels. Diameter is 33.98" and they have black sidewalls (bonus!). Anyone else looking at these? Should I have any concerns about slapping them on my OBX without making any adjustments?

I would assume that if a tire distributor specifically recommends them for a stock 2-door OBX, they would fit, but what do I know? Thanks for any advice, tire people.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Discount Tire has been adding new options for stock Broncos. The Nitto Exo Grapplers (285/70-r18) appear to fit the 18" wheels. Diameter is 33.98" and they have black sidewalls (bonus!). Anyone else looking at these? Should I have any concerns about slapping them on my OBX without making any adjustments?

I would assume that if a tire distributor specifically recommends them for a stock 2-door OBX, they would fit, but what do I know? Thanks for any advice, tire people.
I think that I am pushing it with the 33.5"x12.5 with the +30 offset, but RTR said that a 35" would fit. Now, I don't like returning things, so I was a little bit on the conservative side. I feel somewhat confident that I will not have significant problems with that setup based on willtheyfit.com graphic representation of the stock configuration 255/70R18 +55 offset 18x7.5 rim vs the 295/70R17 17x9 +30 offset on the stock OBX suspension (which is only 0.67" less lift than a non-sasquatch BL which runs 33's). Also, none of this takes into account the fact that the OBX has less suspension travel than the Badlands or Sasquatch, but it's unknown whether or not that's even a factor. The taller you go, the closer you are going to get... But I think that you would be well served by not running +55 offset on the wider tires.

Reactions: sjp

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My OBX bronco builds week of July 19th and I ordered 275/70/18 Cooper ATP II's. 33.46". The ATP II's are a bit taller vs other brand/model 275/70/18. I was worried the 285's may rub and also the 285's are much more expensive vs the 275's. For what I'm using the vehicle for I think these will work out.

I plan on vinyl wrapping the silver portions of the OEM wheel for a blacked out look. Basically a poor man's mini sasq.

FFbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My weekend off-road tires are the 32.5" Milestar Patagonia M/T (295/70R17) on the RTR Tech 6 (17x9 +30). These tires weigh 64# each.

Tires were $206 each from Discount Tire
Wheels were $229 each from RTR
$435 per corner, $1740 total.
Mark, did you already install these. So7nds like a nice option. Would love to see pics. Sorry if you’ve already posted some.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mark, did you already install these. So7nds like a nice option. Would love to see pics. Sorry if you’ve already posted some.
I wish, my Bronco is stuck on Dirt Mountain.

FFbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can confirm that 33.5's fit on a stock suspension with no rub on factory 18's. I have cooper ATP 275/70R18's on my Outerbanks non-squatch.
Hey, how are you liking the new tires?

Sponsored
OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They are great - No rub, no issue. They look really good and fill in the fender wells much better then the 32's that came on it.
Do you have photos that you wouldn't mind posting?

I'm looking at these, or the Nitto Grapplers (275 /70 R18). Ideally, I'd upgrade the wheels too (and get 17s - and yes, I know I would need different tires) but for the cost, it doesn't seem worth it.

If Ford offered the upgraded wheels and tires for the OBX like they do for the Badlands for about a thousand bucks, I'd add those. Otherwise, the more pics I see of slightly bigger, wider tires, the more I think that will be plenty for what I need.

sm444

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have photos that you wouldn't mind posting?

I'm looking at these, or the Nitto Grapplers (275 /70 R18). Ideally, I'd upgrade the wheels too (and get 17s - and yes, I know I would need different tires) but for the cost, it doesn't seem worth it.

If Ford offered the upgraded wheels and tires for the OBX like they do for the Badlands for about a thousand bucks, I'd add those. Otherwise, the more pics I see of slightly bigger, wider tires, the more I think that will be plenty for what I need.
This is great to know. I don't think I want to lift my OBX but just want a little more tire.
I think I'm going with these https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/cooper-discoverer-atp-ii/p/88132
Do it. Well worth it - great traction and look awesome.

Reactions: sjp

Shodax

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I read all the above posts and I'm not sure if I saw a definitive answer about the 285/70 R18 Nitto tire upgrade. I was hoping to upgrade the stock tires to the Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70 R18 and those come in at 33.98". Has anyone done this setup on stock wheels and suspension yet?